Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
"All Hail Megatron!" is another fairly self-contained story that's worth a read. It can get a bit grim in places though. But like MTMTE it's a fresh direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
My 5, 3 and 2 year old are pretty Transformer obsessed right now. With IDW losing the license, are their any child friendly Transformer comics they've done that I should get before they get harder to pick up? Not exactly going to be reading the Wrecker's Last Stand or Infiltration to the 5 year old.

Also I see Forbidden Planet in the UK has Legacy Dragstrip up for pre-order. He looks cool, and it says he forms Menasor's right arm. Eldest is obsessed with combining transformers and Tobots. But Dragstrip isn't out till July, and there's presumably another 4 models. Does anyone know how long these sorts of things tend to take to get the full wave out? A combining robot sounds cool, but I don't want to wait several years, and I don't think they announced any of the rest of Menasor last Friday.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Thank you everyone, I'll look those out.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Knormal posted:

I think there's one limb per deluxe wave over the next year, with Motormaster dropping somewhere in the middle. It'd be a very long wait for a 5 year old, it might be best to buy them as they come out and stash them away until you have them all.

It also seems pretty likely they'll release some kind of box set once all the molds are available as one of Menasor's many, many, repaints, but that's just speculation on my part and nothing's been announced.

Thank you very much, this is really helpful to know. I'll get and stash them and unveil in one go.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Where do UK goons go online (or meatspace in the South East) for sometimes harder to find Transformers toys, ones from previous waves? I've sworn off eBay after getting some transformers that stank of smoke and in the case of one, the head broke off Hound. I tend to hit up various Smyths toy stores (and online), Forbidden Planet, Indemandtoys and kapowtoys. Anywhere else that tends to hang on to slightly older stock?

I ask because my four year old has just asked for Springer, and the one out in November is a bit far away. My four year old keeps on discussing with my soon to be six year old what they're each getting for their birthday. Apparently the soon to be six year old is getting Unicron. I'm kind of hoping he'll be OK with Legacy Laser Prime.

(I also don't like buying from Amazon because I hear bad stories about them and they get enough of my money)

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

Hello! London goon here! Are you on any of the Facebook trading groups? There’s a bunch of really good people in the TFUK ones, and they will happily take requests/WTBs for people looking for stuff.

In other news, I’ve just seen this, and that’s a masterful retool:

https://twitter.com/riderconvoy_2k/status/1525041436122435584

Thanks, I'm in the main TFUK group on Facebook, which seems like a chill group, I'll have a look at the TFUK trading groups. I'm Kent here, in easy-ish distance of Smyths Gillingham and also Smyths at Lakeside, so managed to pick up a WFC Ark the other day for my wife's birthday (not fair to the kids if just one of them gets it, and she's genuinely interested in it haha).

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Thank you both of you. have applied to join those groups and will have a look at Dublin City Comics.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Thank you, I was able to get my hands on an Earthrise Optimus (my eldest has been asking for it ever since I off handedly mentioned maybe Huffer could pull Optimus' trailer) and also Doubledealer, who looks super cool.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
'Cars as decoration' on a frame works well from the perspective of toys aimed at children. Motormaster is going to be 85 - 95 quid. If he can't even transform into a giant robot on his own and look halfway convincing, it's less compelling to an adult forking out for that. And if you also have to wait till Q2 2023 till you can form the giant robot when the rest of the limbs are out, it's not exactly going to be a great toy for Christmas.

(Can't wait to get Motormaster and the others for my kids, they keep asking for a combiner)

Also my kids love Wfc Ironworks, and my four year old proudly tells me he's a Partsformer like Ultra Magnus and Slammer.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I’m talking from the perspective of young fans. I’m sure kids love waiting three years to complete a combiner. A year is a stretch.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
He's coming to the UK right? Half the ruddy show. or rather, all the coolest robots seemed to be Wallmart exclusives.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
He's got a flag that is also a gun. My kids (and I) will love him. Whole lot of roleplay you can do with a flaaaaaaaaaag. He doesn't seem to be on Pulse yet for UK, most of the Velocitron stuff isn't. I live in hope.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Me and my four year old are excited for that Starscream (he's currently mainlining Armada, the 6 year old prefers Prime). Looks super cool. I just love the designs from Armada, I think they're neat. Hyped for Megatron.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sick as hell, stuck in bed so i thought id just check out the transformers stuff on netflix.

Are they all this dire?

Unfortunately Rescue Bots is no longer on Netflix (at least in my region it isn't), so yes.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
My young kids love Emgo. They love the catch phrases, and he doesn't swear, so that's great from a parent's point of view - I don't have to pre-screen the videos. They also like the bits at the beginning and end where he roleplays with the Transformers. They're not as keen as PrimeVsPrime, but my eldest does sometimes pick up and imitate stuff like "repeat the process". I think they're both good in teaching kids how to express an opinion and how to demonstrate a complicated process in a manner others can copy.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Is Breakdown coming to Smyths in the UK any time soon? Or have I somehow missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, some time this month.

Hooray. I got Motormaster for my birthday, and my children are very keen to complete Menasor. Though some of them got a bit upset at Dragstrip being bisected, since he's their favourite. Motormaster / Menasor is absolutely cracking, and I really like Dead End too.