Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've not really bothered with the comics this century but those MTMTE images did get my attention. Does Ultra Magnus always come across like Kryten or is it just that page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

BizarroAzrael posted:

MP Soundwave and Acid Storm are on TRU shelves in the UK now, by the way. £75 and £120 respectively.

I knew deep down you had probably botched the order here, but I had to hope. £75 for MP Soundwave, yeah right. You git.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I've really kind of felt that I'm the only one who doesn't go crazy over Predaking. Glad to see that's not true.

What Predaking has going for him is that he is an incredibly solid G1 toy that is enormous, made of metal and weighs like 10 pounds. He's one of the best G1 toys. However, I never really cared for his design or any of his appearances in the fiction. I just don't dig the whole black\orange\yellow color scheme. His color scheme makes him looks like some seasonal fall decoration that might be chilling out with some turkeys and pilgrims. Honestly, if he came in stupid rainbow Super Sentai \ Power Rangers colors I'd probably be into him a lot more.

I agree with all this. The Predacons were never released in the UK so when a friend told me he had Razorclaw I was really excited to see one of these in the flesh (so to speak). But... it's just so garish, and didn't feel like a proper Transformer. It's really weird because he had the whole "unobtainable" thing going for him, and most of my exposure to the Predacons was from the UK comics, where they got to hunt both Megatron and Optimus Prime (and sort of kill one or both of them). That and Call of the Primitives from the third series, where they are animated so wonderfully and have a great role in the episode, fighting a battle they cannot possibly win. "I would rather die fighting!" "He is right- Predacons, UNITE!"

Yet, the toy, even if it's technically very good... I just wouldn't want it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You guys better be good this year, or I'm going to sign up to the Secret Santa and send one of you unfortunate people one of these unfortunate Transformers:

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Scale's hard to tell from the photo but they're maybe 10-12" in size, too. And less than a tenner in Argos...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
This was posted on my FB wall:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/03/man-spends-42-hours-making-solo-record-breaking-balloon-sculpture-of-optimus-prime-4717312/?ITO=facebook

It seems pretty underwhelming to me? Someone tell me I'm just being curmudgeonly (but seriously, that colour scheme, yukk).

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Glad that Thew reviewed Masterpiece Grimlock and noted that it's relatively cheap at Toys R Us in the UK at the moment- I've finally ordered one for myself. Oddly enough when I checked it out yesterday they only had the option to reserve it, no delivery available, but today it was available, hooray. Plus I got a Slug thrown in for free and £5 off with a voucher code, even better. I also bought a (non-Transformers) present for my great-nephew while I was at it, but his present is less than 1/3 what I just spent on myself :D

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Well I wouldn't have the #1 TF on his list there if I hadn't seen his review of him, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned. He definitely overuses the word word mish-mashes but thr last video didn't have any so that's a relief :D

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I thought he was being a bit ironic about Thew's halloween reviews until I saw that link...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Managed to buy the humble bundle with 8 minutes to spare!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I love those late eighties fold-out catalogue pictures. Even with the garish colours and simultaneously OTT yet underwhelming descriptions (please do tell me more about how these toys come with accessories, just like all the others!), the way they depict the whole range out each year is wonderful. It also really emphasises how well the comics characterised a lot of toys that are actually complete gash, like the aforementioned Bludgeon. Thunderwing didn't get a huge amount of airtime in the comics but what he did get really solidified him as a big player- although I couldn't tell you exactly how his toy works unless I looked at pictures of his various modes. He's a combining transforming Pretender? Sure why not. I guess for the comics the artists liked drawing these mostly organic characters instead of blocky robots so their designs always looked really excellent yet still fit the Transformers look (mostly).

I had Icepick, and goddamn look at that sad sack of Transformer. The name doesn't even make sense.

I also have G1 Tracks and Alternators Tracks, and I really hope they fix the flame motif as the Masterpiece will look just wrong next to the other two if it stays as illustrated.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I picked up a Beast Wars figure at a car-boot sale for 20p today. At first I thought it was an odd Rattrap recolour, then I had a closer look and it seemed more like Megatron... but still not quite! After a bit of trawling it turns out he is called Predacon, and he seems really cool. Sadly he doesn't have the substantial tail portion, which renders the bit that stands out prominently at his groin sadly redundant...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
According to TFwiki it is actually his name, not his faction. As with Megatron in Beast Wars, he's also a T-rex but with slightly more organic-looking features.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I saw an episode of Rescue Bots the other day and it wasn't too terrible! I mean, if you like Scooby Doo.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Saw some Transformers are reduced at Sainsbury's in the UK, but I still couldn't bring myself to buy Bombshell. I love the Insecticons and would love Bombshell, but that figure looks so rubbish. Too smooth, too many curves. I want jaggedness! I'm probably just being a snob. But oh well I spent the money he would've cost on a satnav holder that had a pretty neat transformation of its own and 72 jaffa cakes. Tastier than Bombshell, for sure.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Goldskull posted:

Big sale on at the minute on Kapow Toys for the UK peeps. Nothing I really want/need but some decent deals there.

Never ordered from them before but I think I might be tempted at those prices. I think I need to treat myself after an unexpected £400 tax bill (what better way to get over that than by spending moneys?). Couldn't possibly order only one thing due to the one-off postage price though.

So, CW Cyclonus, Huffer and Generations Scoop seem like the best options at those prices, anyone recommend (or decommend?) them?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Urgh my Kapow order's been almost a week (picked the cheapest option but it shoulda been 48 hours). Guess I better call em up tomorrow. Bloody fun-niche retailers, I tried buying a Carcassonne expansion from another company recently and had my order cancelled after a month.

My work desk only has a few little things on it but they've been knocked around overnight va couple of times (by cleaners going around my PC, who knows?), so I'd never keep anything prized there.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Kapow managed to get my address wrong, what a world. I wonder what point of the shipping process even has the opportunity for a house number to change, surely it must be inserted onto the label from the info I put in, not manually retyped by a fleshling...

Still, Cyclonus is really nice (I like finding all the extra places to put his massive gun!) and Scoop and Huffer make a good team. Maybe with the two Targetmasters I can make them into a cut-price Autodevestator?

The_Doctor posted:

Looking up Omega Supreme, I came across a sure bet.

Trained by Tim Burton as well!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Goldskull posted:

They really are taking their sweet time getting MP Tracks out

But when will the KO be out??

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, here's an oldie but a goodie

That one had me in stitches when I was like 13.

I hate to ask but do you gave the one with Megatron and Starscream? That was hysterical....

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

No, don't think I've ever heard that one.

Ahh, it's probably for the best- lots of "Yeees" and "Starscream" like only Frank Welker can...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
UK people, if you have a "Bargain Buys" shop in your town, go check it out for some good deals- I picked up Springer for £14 today, and would've bought Roadbuster too if I weren't moving house soon...

Edit: lol shot one of his missiles under/behind my bed within 20 seconds of having him out the packet. Skillz!

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 3, 2015

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Keldroc posted:

New additions to the G1 collection. Mindwipe needs Reprolabeling, but the figure was insanely pristine, and looks like it came out of its box yesterday, so I figured it was worth a $6 label sheet.

Cor, Chromedome is massive compared to the others, I never knew!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I saw a load of Angry Birds Transformers stuff on the shelves heavily discounted in the Entertainer (UK toy shop) today... who knows, maybe if they'd had it on the shelves when people like me were playing the game many months ago, then they might have actually sold it already.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm moving house in a few days so I got out my RiD Ultra Magnus for the first time in many many years and thought I better take the batteries out because it's not good to leave them in for that long is it? Halfway through unscrewing the panel I thought "why no actually press the button (it is red, after all) and amazingly it still works. ULTRA MAGNUS TRANSFORM!!! If it works, that means it's still safe, right, right??

Despite the commanding tone from my toy however, I will not be transforming him, especially not into Omega Prime- I still have the instructions and I think they're the most complicated thing in my room (and I just packed away my doctoral thesis). Maybe I'll combine them when I've moved into the new place.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That Derposaurus reminds me of Powerglide, who doesn't really suffer from those problems but still looks quite dumb. Especially his arms.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Could we have a photo of you holding it NOT at a needlessly weird angle

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

Did we know there are KO MP Tracks appearing on eBay now? Because there are.

Cannae see any, got a link?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

Bam.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252355143853

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272205745042

Edit: I just did a search for 'Takasa Tony' (the KO TT) and they showed up in that.

Cheers, love me some Takasa :)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got my Masturopiece from China in record times as well. I decided I'd make today a special toy knockoff day (that pirate ship cost £7!) with some fake Lego.

Tiny bit of white marking on the top by the Autobot symbol, but otherwise pretty great. Instructions in Chinese are absolutely terrible, which just makes it feel that bit more authentic. Thanks to the Doctor for pointing out this was available!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Blackheart posted:

Is it true that the KO Tracks has rubber wheels instead of plastic?

Yep rubber tyres, didn't know there was any other way :)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Anora posted:

In the cartoon they just sort of took their heads off and had aliens and Daniel crawl in.

Pretty sure there were some animations that involved the heads partsforming with arms and legs...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Oh for sure but it's still weird because after S1 of BW they were all "rarr rarr rarr, match the tv show to the toys, kids want to buy what the see on tv and we're trying to sell toys here" and then BM came along and they clearly sent out a memo that said "lol anything goes as long as we get the show out and toys on shelves by X date." Everyone just suddenly forgot lessons learned from BW or they knew BM was garbage so why even try.

I dunno about that, there was only a tiny handful of new characters each season in Beast Wars, and they still managed to fit in non-toy characters like Transmutate, Ravage, etc.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

I didn't find any at my local Smyth's here in London. Just reduced RID2015 and remainder CWs. Not even a cheap Onslaught. :saddowns:

Do you think we'll ever see Sky Lynx on a normal toy shop shelf being sold for a reasonable amount? I never understand why Hasbro don't just... try to sell UK people the toys they actually want. But hey they've been doing this for 30 years, I shouldn't be surprised.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Anora posted:

"We can make more money if we make this thing in less colors"

Also: "We heard lots of people want it, so we'll make it really hard for people to buy it"

I guess in the case of Sky-Lynx the pound has fallen so much that paying almost the same in pounds as others paid in dollars doesn't seem so bad. The hidden bonus of Brexit!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That include guys like Scoop? Got him at a discount and still regretted it. His partners are rubbish and look very cheap.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Have the people talking about Shockwave as a targetmaster just not seen The Revenge of Bruticus where he is used and fired? Although it's one of those situations that doesn't quite make sense as he shoots Bruticus in the face, gets dropped and then used to destroy his own troops. Good visuals though.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I'm giving Age of Extinction a rewatch, what's the dealio with the organic looking hand at the start of the film? I have watched this before but I don't remember Lockdown's crew being organic.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Captain Invictus posted:

Here is my haul, fully transformed

This seems like such a minor question after the more recent pics, but what's with Powerglide's guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
This ko auction is using the wrong picture, right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272367639067