Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Another Bayformers truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhinox's beast mode looks like the chillest rhino ever.

Also, First Edition Megatron probably looks better as Depth Charge.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Rage posted:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Prowl is part of the final 2013 waves. 2014 Prime:BH are all the upscaled poo poo fest.

Knock-off toys is the last place I expected Hasbro to take inspiration from. Does this mean we at least get to have a large Abominus?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some set videos from Transformers 4.

Optimus moves down the road. Suddenly, explosions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4n3eqszkkE

This one makes the Freightliner looks like it's chasing Optimus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTjH4nHOpI

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If I remember right, Hasbro also said they will be announcing at Comic Con the result of a poll they did earlier this year that lets fans decide on a new Transformers toy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Stupid poll. We're never going to get the grumpy Decepticon beastformer with a sword that we deserve.

I voted for a construction vehicle. Not enough of official ones lately. The last one I could think of was Payload.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My Springer took some fiddling to make it peg together in car mode. Even then there are still small gaps. The helicopter mode fares better, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I had a Pyro, one of the only G1 era toys I owned other than some Micromasters cars. Had I known that GPS was a thing, I'd have bought a Headmaster instead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peaugh has his Metroplex video up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Rage posted:

I just wanna know who/where they polled about this character? I never saw a vote/checklist/survey. Was this just something FunPub handed out to the Uber Fans?

I voted at Hasbro's website. I don't know if there were other places.

I still want my construction vehicle Autobot with a sniper rifle. :argh:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phy posted:

e: Man, pachycephalosaurus got the poo poo end of the stick for naming in its clade. "King dragon." "Demon from the River Styx." "Thick-headed lizard."

Well if it makes you feel any better, one of those are now thought to be the younger version of a larger pachycephalosaur that was probably already named.

But, yes I actually kinda want one of these. I'm partial to that ankylosaur. There should really be an ankylosaur Transformers if there isn't one already.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Michael Bay will always be better than Shyamalan, yo. At least the guy can still film things that looks nice, and Shyamalan never inspired anybody like Neil Blomkamp or Christopher Nolan.

By the way, the title has been confirmed to be Transformers: Age of Extinction.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Perhaps the cars should be his feet, and it can roll around on them like roller skates.

Do the combiner fists and feet on not-Menasor come from parts of not-Motormaster's trailer or are they separate pieces?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Terry van Feleday's CineD thread is back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hasbro, please make a voyager Generations Longrack that transforms into an excavator. Just make sure to keep his trademark giant excavator arm.

The only thing I dislike about this is Vortex's rotors on Bruticus' leg. I wish there's a way to fold them up better, like maybe on G1 Sandstorm.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 1, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have that one and I like it (especially his punching gimmick), but there are stuff like his left arm having limited articulation. It's a decent toy, but even someone in this thread said it's not a perfect design.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe he'll be a Suzuki Swift again like the Alternity version. How is that one anyway?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sega's Transformers Human Alliance arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmN7nlyZw60

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe Megatron transforms into another Nerf gun.

Also, yay for Sky-Byte. I hope his bio on the box will be in haiku form as promised.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Whoa some sweet rear end Rhinox pictures over at Actoys. He looks fantastic.

For a voyager his alt mode seems smaller than the deluxes, but he probably will look bigger in his robot mode. It looks really good nonetheless and I'm glad the guns has a way to store them in beast mode.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Basically in the new movie the Autobots suddenly discovered anime and adjusted their robot modes to that aesthetic.

Unfortunately, they now refuse to fight unless they are kissed by a group Victoria's Secret models.

VVV And Bay certainly knows there's more where she came from. VVV

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 25, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Prime, here's another leaked AoE Prime figure.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dobots in Risguise

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

So apparently in the wave that contains Rattrap, Tankor is actually a new mold representing the Beast Machines character, and is even branded as a vehicon.

The Transformers Collector's Club magazine with Rattrap on the cover apparently has pictures of Tankor and Crosscut inside, but the Club has asked for websites to not post the scans.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Slag" is probably the name Autobots sign when they troll Decepticon petitions.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nobody said anything when Octane used his 'pleasure program'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even Nerf have stuff for girls now. Of course, they are still pink and purple with flower and unicorn decals.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Box art mock up for movie Dinobot toys.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

This is probably woth dealing with phone typing. I'd probably leave him in alt mode permenantly.

Now that is just lovely. I wonder if he will come with the non-working device that was dropped in the Hollywood studio?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope the ceratopian Dinobot is a voyager, at least. The raptor and pterodactyl are definitely deluxes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think the issue is that sauropods are visually less interesting than most other dinosaur types. They have a small head at the end of a long neck on one end and that's pretty much it. Stegosaurs have the opposite problem. Their back plates might make them too 'busy' for animators and their toys would have these small pointy pieces that could break off easily.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think that Voyager Drift in that leaked list might be a Human Alliance figure. Unless Hasbro is now totally embracing the Scale Does Not Exist thing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More leaked movie toy listings:

quote:

Leader AD01 Optimus Prime - Movie accurate deco on OP, face has more silver, added fire pattern on chest and legs, more metallic finishing than US version
Voyager AD02 Classic Optimus Prime - Movie accurate deco, silver paint of face, fists and wheels, fire pattern shoulders
Voyager AD03 Ivan - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD04 Classic Bumblebee - Movie accurate deco, more detail with black horn and leg and arm deco
Deluxe AD05 Southpaw - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD06 Sligshot - Movie accurate deco, black tampo on arm, more detail face deco, stripes are added to car mode to be movie accurate
Deluxe AD07 Thunderlips - Movie accurate deco on Dinobots, more metallic but darker (realistic) tone on products
Deluxe AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee - Best deluxe Bumblebee (fans claimed it to be) in first three movies, new premium deco: included golden body paint, vacuum metallic silver axe and cannon
Deluxe AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime - MV1 OP protoform OP with G1 color scheme, look totally fresh, vacuum metallic silver weapon
Deluxe AD10 Starscream - MVS Starscream taken off alien tattoo, added MV1 movie deco
Deluxe AD11 Dispenser - MV1 Payload redeco with new head and color to become Dispenser (MV1 softdrink vending machine) adding new weapon (shooting softdrink cans as in movie)
Voyager AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime - Best voyager OP (fans claimed it to be) in first three movies, using Striker OP (DA28,MV3) deco onto this MV2 OP
Legend Combo AD13 Devastator - combo pack all seven vehicles can transform to robots and combine. Movie accurate deco (dusty look) and detail coloring
Deluxe AD14 Jolt - MV2 Jolt color, new weapons (whips) replacing MechTech weapons
Deluxe AD15 Ratchet - G1 color for MV3 Ratchet, replace MechTecp weapon with Beast Hunter sword

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Trucks had their fun. Helicopters will only get played out when there's a "Rotor Convoy" toy or something.

I love DOTM Skyhammer too, by the way. And DOTM Shockwave as well. Never cared much for the deluxes in that line except for Crankcase.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Whirl is not that small.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think this confirms that the Bugatti is Drift and this is how he looks in AoE.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Goldskull posted:

"A friend was at UK ToyFair last week and she said the (what I assume to be) Grimlock toy is enormous, and 'his eyes light up blue when the truck guy sits on him, but red if the baddies are sat on him'. Take that as you will because she's not exactly a TF expert bless her, but gives me hope for the Dinobots. I'm not touching this (that Optimus toy above) though.

This could mean Grimlock will be with the Decepticons at first then joins the Autobots. Or there could be a scene where he gets pissed off because a Decepticon tries to ride him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And Optimus-riding-Grimlock is also possible with the figures if that one leak was right.

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah pretty much, only thing stopping me is if it's forced 3d.

DoTM gave me the worst eyestrain headache I've had in decades.

What do you mean by "forced"? I'm asking this because DOTM was also cited as one of the best uses of 3D, and it also uses actual 3D cameras instead of post-conversion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

catch22 posted:

Did the movie really need an excuse for that?

Me Grimlock no horse, but me Grimlock cannot say no to a disabled robot.