Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

TheDK posted:

Speaking of Cosmos, mine appears to be jealous he didn't get a Hero Masher toy.

That cosmos was my first transformer purchase since the G1 (or whichever) Soundwave repro that came out like seven or so years ago. I still have the original tiny Cosmos next to him on a shelf. Lurking this thread is straining my impulse to buy more plastic I don't need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

drat, I remember receiving OG Highbrow on my birthday wheneverthefuck ago. I may have to add that to my list of useless wants.

Is that going to be a hasbro release?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Sorry to interupt, but TRANSFORMERS:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-takara-tomy-transformers-legends-hardhead-skullcruncher-galvatron/34886/

Tiny Megatrom becomes Galvatron's head! EEEEEEEEE!

Skullcruncher looks great.

The kid in me is really pleased to see more triple changers. That Galvatron looks awesome.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Hey folks, several pages ago this Fansproject Highbrow was brought up. I'm not really keen to jump in on something sight-unseen, does anyone here have any experience with Fansproject products? Also, I believe the same poster mentioned Hasbro possibly making another Highbrow, but cursory googling didn't turn anything up. Anyone have more info in that regard? thanks!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Thanks for the feedback folks. The headmasters from back in the day are a nostalgia hit for me, since the og highbrow was a gift from my dad.

There was another headmaster whose name I've forgotten- it was a sort of seafoam green and light grey spaceship/jet- does that ring any bells to the thread?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I've been asking a bunch of questions lately and have been appreciative of the answers. I'm looking at the 30th anniversary Brainstorm and it looks like Japan is a likely source. Have any Canadians in the thread paid duty on stuff coming from Japan? Amazon sales make it look like the figure would be $65CA with free shipping, but adding duty would be insult to injury.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

You can go through cybertron.ca threads and read lots of people getting dinged by customs for stuff coming from Japan. General rule is to use the mail, hope the box is small and keep the order size down.Brainstorm never showed up in Canada.

Thanks for the BBTS tip!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The headsculpt is spot on though.

agreed. haven't thought of that character since I watched beast wars/machines/whatever but that face immediately brought it all back.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

today, nearly thirty years after first seeing the G1 Transformers cartoon, I finally learned what that tiny little car that came with Optimus is meant for. Never had the toy as a child, had no idea why a tiny car came with the trailer.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm glad that hasbro is doing a Highbrow, but I'm kind of bummed that the figure will be on the smaller side, unless I misunderstand the scale for "deluxe" class. Ah well, I suppose that'd make it more affordable.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

That is rad AF duder, total nostalgia gift.

The Go-Bots were so laughably cheap looking that they're utterly charming. I'm interested in the new line.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Goldskull posted:

G1 Megatron looks terrible in robot mode compared to Optimus, I don't know why I wanted Megs for Xmas in 85.

I humbly disagree, Megs was rad as hell imo.

I had neither as a child :smith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Is there any word on a takara or Bandai release of Highbrow?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The only bummer about these Titan Masters is their vehicles are not color matched to the deluxes like the Takara ones are.

At least the voyager brainstorm is pretty close but yeah, I'm inclined to agree at least in regards to the Takara model. The highbrow does look pretty good though.

Thanks!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Anora posted:

Speaking of Highbrow, he looks like on of the guys I'm going to pass on.

He is pretty plain overall, but I've got the OG highbrow and want him for nostalgia reasons

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I watched a couple of wotafa 's reviews of the upcoming Despotron and Mightron models, and I'm torn. Mightron's robot mode is superior in my opinion, but Despotron's alt mode looks better imo.

For someone looking to get a G1 Megs figure, are there any better options?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

For the record I should say that when talking about Mightron and Despotron's gun modes I'm purely talking how boxy one looks over the other- I could care less about accuracy over the p38. Mightron definitely has a stubbier appearance overall in gun mode, but I also noted his hands being more articulated.

It might sound silly dwelling on minutiae but if I'm going to sink 150 odd bucks into a purchase I want to be on board 100%

Also thanks for the Walmart tip, picked up blurr and skullcruncher for 28 after shipping, not bad.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Got home from a funeral and Despotron was waiting which has made my day way better. This is most definitely my Megatron.

Sorry for your loss.

Despotron will probably be my purchase too, though I still think Mightron has the superior robot mode. I'm just working up the stones to purchase a $150 figure.

Edit: Just picked up Blurr and Skullsmasher. The common complaints about Skully seem true with mine, but applying silicone to the ball joints isn't the end of the world. Still a neat figure all the same, and it brings me back to the old G1 headmaster days. Blurr is a fun bot too, decent transformation and the alt mode is pretty gen-one. Not a bad purchase for 25 bucks thanks to the Walmart sale.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 13, 2016

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

How's the quality on the Highbrow? I know Skullcruncher had a couple issues with loose joints, anything similar?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Jetfire posted:

Does not ship to Canada :argh:

I know that feel :(

The MSJ posted:

The opposite of Skull, apparently. Mine is pretty tight in most joints and some of them might be a little too tight. I bought him loose so the soft plastic rotors is a little bended

Good to know, thanks!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I've found Peaugh to be good for basic knowledge about transformers product, but Thew is just enjoyable to watch. I would shake the man's hand.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

That multiuniverse comic is pretty rad :allears:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

outside of the silver bits that repugnus looks more or less like my G1, what's the beef with it?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Tits shouldn't be on a robot

Ladybots = good, shameless pandering = bad

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm tempted by the new masterpiece Megatron despite the hefty price tag. The downside is that inevitable orange plug- is it easy to remove? I seem to remember bbts or tfsource saying 'removing it will cause damage,' about previous megatron figure/kos but is that something they 'have' to say about it for legalese reasons?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I look forward to that Kup, it reminds me of the OG toy I had as a child.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Any Canadians out there who have an idea of when wave three of the TR line hits our stores?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

How is the quality of those kos? That's an accessible price.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Takasa Tony kos are indistinguishable from the real deal barring minor things like slightly too thick hood clip on the sideswipe mold(easy fix) or a single bum leg on the sideswipe mold (also a pretty easy fix). The build quality is the same, it's not poo poo quality plastic.

I have a dozen or so Wei Jiang/Takasa Tony kos, and they're all great aside from a single minor issue. Definitely worth it.

Thank you!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You unoriginal bastards.

#notmyprime either

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Blackheart posted:

The voyager figure does pull it off fairly impressively, however.

I'm pretty impressed by that. Hard to tell what the underside of the alt mode looks like but it's slick all the same, and despite the 'ambulatory suit of armor' complaint (which I totally see) that's a pretty solid figure.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

She's approximately 45% boob.

don't slutshame

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, loving poor people. You sure have a lot of opinions.

My parents couldn't afford to buy video games, but they bought me an LCD game for Christmas one year and I loved the gently caress out of it.

I haven't thought of my old tiger castlevania handheld in forever. Right in the ol' nostalgia!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The MSJ posted:

MPM-3 Bumblebee is a pretty stable figure.

Any chance you could pose him performing a German suplex on Blade? Asking for a friend.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Randomly decided to check my Walmart's toy section and thought I spotted a Triggerhappy, but it was a TwinTwist. I don't have any of those models so I figured why not. It's a pretty rad little spacetankjetwhatever/never had the G1 as a child/infinite number of rationalizations for spending 20 bucks on a toy.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I'm in BC Canada, so shipping might be a concern. I could always swing back out tomorrow and have a look to see if there were extras if people were interested. They're priced at 20CA, I don't know what the cost of shipping would be, but I figure I'd offer.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Picked up Misfire, was impressed at the integrity of the joints, bad memories of Skullcruncher and all. If this model uses the same leg transformation base as Triggerhappy I have to say I don't see the hype commonly brought up in the thread. That said, the transformation steps are intuitive and the robot mode hides the majority of the alt's kibble well. Solid little spacejet.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

Universal Studios Snarl is a tops toy with an A+ paint scheme, wish all the recent dinobots had the same level of detail!

This is awesome. My inner child wants a variant with the classic red.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The terrorcons were gifted to me as a kid, but I never got the whole gestalt happening, looks like the power of the primes line might allow that - are they combiners?

Also stoked to get an updated Sludge, the geewun is stashed away in my collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Knormal posted:

Full pics here. I think it's pretty funny M. Blitzwing turned out looking kinda like that hideous G1 Blitzwing reissue recolor no one would touch. More like the Astrotrain I guess, but it still reminded me of that set.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEnUc4H6i4
Yeesh

Counterpoint: M. Blitzwing's scheme is actually good.