Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Captain Invictus posted:

I still have hopes for this because man oh man would that be entertaining. Would it count as two-timing if you're the exact same person? :allears:

Didn't he only keep existing because his other self had already been killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The_Doctor posted:

So this new IF Bludgeon they’ve announced had a JoJo reference mode.

Looks like the Samurai symbol from the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 game.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Box art you can applaud.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
A Transformer driving a version of himself, how obscene!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

A time travelling Astrotrain?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Arcee becoming a lightsaber blade wielding semi crazy bad rear end warrior really is the best thing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ruddiger posted:

Yeah, this is big, but what if we made him BIG

more here

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/metroplex-shelving-unit.598628/

Holy cow that is awesome.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So it's kinda odd isn't it that Galvatron showed up in Earthwise but he has no action figure coming out or under the Earthwise subtitle isn't it? Most other characters even if they showed up for an episode have a figure.

Unless he's suppose to return in the next Netflix part and he'll have a form there.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Oh wow a transmutate toy, that I did not know was coming.

So many feelings.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

UNTIL ALL ARE ONE (Optimus)

Unicronimus Prime?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm really curious to see how Galvatron turns out. He needs to be good to fit with Cyclonus and Scourge.

Also second issue of Beast Wars is out, it's a fun read. There's two new bots, one for each side. I"m sure most will probably wait for the trade.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It’s a fun read but the art is... rough at times.

It definitely has a certain look to it. I'd prefer the more usual style we get but I can deal with this for a little bit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Oh hell yes, this is what I've been waiting for.

The three shall be united soon.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Curtis hates the movie and thinks it's trash.

But I agree with Xenomorph, it's a fun movie.

Some pretty cool bad guy designs that are definitely more terrifying than the Borg or Cyberman concept due to how utterly gruesome it is without having to hold back.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Galvatrons alt mode:

Galvatron mad at Hot Rod being on his lawn

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 22, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lodin posted:

I haven't actually watched much of his stuff in ages but since it was the stupid robutt comics I did and posted it here. His one shame online is that he used to write a comic that was stupidly libertarian. Now he's dating Viga and they're adorable so good for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRbJ7O_g_nE

Pretty sure that a lot of people stopped watching him once they learned of his sexual history/kinks, especially on message boards. At least I remember that being kinda a big discussion at one point. That probably did some damage to him.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't think Kiwifarms accusations had a meaningful impact on Linkara's viewership, especially since none of those accusations related to abuse or predatory behavior to my knowledge.

Figures that they went after him, but no I was speaking about other boards, on two that I use to visit saw them talking about his past. It was kinda a little thing at one point before people shrugged and went on to more important things.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

BooDooBoo posted:

Zavvi might have slipped up on an embargo date, I just got this in an email:

Don't think they did, he's up on BBTS now as well.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
There's one thing that I keep meaning to ask about every time I see the scene.

In Transformers the movie (the animated one) when Ultra Magnus gets the Matrix he opens his chest component to put it in and then takes it out again and puts it back in as if he's rearranging it.

What's up with that scene.

It's bugged me for years.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm amazed it's still whole.

I can't imagine what it must look like to get a toy and find out it's totally smashed despite the box being well taken care of for years.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Anil Dikshit posted:

G2 laser rod electro: the ultimate partsformer

Usually he ends up the ultimate piecesformer.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Today we celebrate he who has risen.

That's right, Optimus freaking Prime.

Dying once? That's childs play, Optimus has died at least 25 times now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Holy cow, that's out of no where for me. A total buy as soon as it pops on sites.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Also Shattered Glass is getting five more figures, the first of which is Eyepatch Blurr.

I wouldn't mind seeing this version of Blurr than the normal one in the comics.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Seems the new upcoming Kingdom stuff is popping up at various websites.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

As I'm buying a ton of stuff from BBTS these days, I decided to move my preorders over there, they had all the main stuff up, locked in the 6 things I wanted.

I've used BBTS on occasion to get stuff I wouldn't know how to get up here in Canada but it's a rare thing.

I mostly use stuff like amazon.ca or ebgames which has had some TF's and other assorted action figures. It's how I got cyclonus, the Quintesson etc.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Phy posted:

Agesthreeandup.ca and tftoys.ca both do pricing in cad

Downside is neither has a pile of loot system like the big US sites, and tftoys charges you at time of preorder to boot - I mainly use him for older stuff that's still kicking around, plus I can drive to his house instead of paying shipping

Thanks! I didn't know of these, when it comes to Canadian options always had very limited ones so this helps.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

A3U is pretty comprehensive when it comes to hasbro TFs, though I will say they often take longer to fulfill their orders. I'm still waiting on them to charge me for Cyclonus, who's been out in the wild for a while now.

Good to know. Don't sleep on ebgames, their stuff sells out fairly quick but if you get an order in with them they will deliver. I never had a problem yet. It's how I got some stuff like Cyclonus and even the hard to get GIJoe cobra trooper.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Vincent posted:

I started reading the IDW comics recommended in the OP (wreckers, MTMTE, RID) and liked them enough to go back to the beginning and have been making my way through the series. I don't think it was that much of a clusterfuck (of course, I have a guide to... well guide me as to the order, so maybe that's why) and I've been enjoying them a lot (poor, poor Hunter, tho).

Now I'm on the Mike Costa written series and, page 1 I have a question:

Who thought it was a good idea to give teeth to the robots?

Mike Costas run is not very beloved. Almost as disliked as that in between art style of the bayverse and traditional designs, it only last a few issues.

And hey if they can have beards and moustaches they can have teeth.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Keldroc posted:

That was this very strange Megatron panel on the left, I believe from issue #13 of the Marvel G1 series.

Megatron was commonly showed with a mouth grail for the longest time. It shows up in a few issues early on. Later it changed to the right panel as artist changed.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Something wanted to ask some here, does anyone else remember Machine Wars?

It's an extremely small amount of TF's made after the failure of Generation 2.

I remember I had Soundwave who came with a large rocket/missile, Optimus Prime who was really Thunder Crash, and Sandstorm or Whirl who was a blue helicopter.

Even had a red Snarl and Slag with one being green. Didn't have them all the same year but they weren't that far apart either.

It was an odd time especially as I could swear some of it was said to have only shipped in Europe but up here in the North we got a few things as well.

Or maybe it's just a lot of mistaking various redecos.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

I had Machine Wars Starscream (also a repaint).

I remember wanting him, he looked so cool.

Also tried to get a Grimlock during this time but they sold out. It was a blue version.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Phy posted:

So, much like MW Optimus, Soundwave was a repaint of Stalker from the immediately pre-G2 Predators (Decepticon counterpart to the Turbomasters), and Sandstorm was Rotorstorm. Soundwave didn't have his launcher, and Sandstorm's, being integral to his chopper mode, were neutered to remove the launcher mechanism leaving only the turbine shell. There were also some basic-class toys with an automorph function like the '96 Beast Wars basics had.

Red Snarl and Green Slag were G2. (Grimlock was released in silver, then light blue, then dark blue. Slag in silver, then red, then green... and Snarl in silver, then green, then red. )

Sounds about right.

I loved Rotorstorm, thought he had one of the nicest overall designs. That and his missiles fired and went pretty far. It's how I ended up losing said missiles.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Knormal posted:

Machine Wars was a Kay Bee Toys exclusive, which is why you never saw much of it. Very weird choice by Hasbro, or Kenner I guess at the time, since Kay Bee was never much of a toy store powerhouse even at their peak.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Machine_Wars

drrockso20 posted:

At least in the US it was a KB Toys exclusive line meant to cheaply test the waters regarding returning to the old Autobots vs Decepticon concept after Beast Wars proved that Transformers still had life in it, probably the same reason Beast Wars II and Car Robots both had a kid of vehicles vs beasts

Here in Canada we could get them through the Christmas Wish Book from Sears. Anyone remember that?

During the 80's it was a childs dream book.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Tighclops posted:

I absolutely remember the Sears wish book but I don't recall ever seeing any exclusive transformers in there. Then again it's been over 20 years so holy poo poo haha

The actual physical Sears store in the mall out here was a really sad time warp back to the late 90s well into the 2010s; I'm pretty sure you could still find beast wars transquitoes in their toy section even then

Well it's where I got the bots I mentioned earlier in the thread: G2 Dinobots and Machine Wars stuff. I don't believe Canada had KBtoys. Not anywhere near where I was.

Funny enough despite Toys R Us falling out in the US for awhile there ours did manage to stay in business and continue as they had.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Kingdom Galvatron appears to be quite a popular pre order, it's sold out at some places. Nice to see really, I know there's been a lot of Galvatron figures in the last few years but this one is definitely the best one out of them and he harkens back to ye old G1 days.

What can I say, I loved batshit insane Galvatron who was pretty much power incarnate and near unbeatable.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Anyone ever watch the old Diaclone commercials?

They're kinda amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_BOj1Qqx0Q

Also that pause between Dia and Clone.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah they're fun, Microman/Microchange does that same pause from my recollection, which makes sense considering they're contemporary toylines from the same company with a lot of thematic overlap(like even if Transformers as we know it hadn't happened I could see the two lines still doing a merger eventually)

It's really something to look back on how everything was at first knowing so much greater things for the line was coming.

Hell the fact it's been still going on all these decades later and made the impact it has.

From humble beginnings.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The MSJ posted:

With Crossovers being a thing, how long before we get an official Octus figure?

Probably never, because BBC

No idea what an Octus is but I'd love to see a Dr. Who TF crossover, especially as there has been a case a TF character actually met the good Doctor. I speak of Deaths Head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Looked up the list.

Known lost/stolen molds are:

Generation 1 Grimlock
Generation 1 Slag
Generation 1 Sludge
Generation 1 Snarl
Generation 1 Swoop
Generation 1 Mirage
Generation 2 Go-Bot Hound (unreleased)
Generation 2 Go-Bot "Mercedes-Benz SL500" (name unknown, unreleased)
Beast Wars Basics Rattrap
Beast Wars Basics Insecticon
Beast Wars Basics Armordillo

Molds rumored to be lost:

Generation 1 Sunstreaker

Molds initially thought to have been lost, but later turned out not to have been:

Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur

Despite their impressive size and heft, molds can break and thereby be rendered useless. Known broken molds are:

Generation 1 Wheeljack

and

Deterioration

Molds can only be used so much before they begin to wear down and deteriorate. The mold is then unable to supply products of the same quality of the original release. This may result in toys where parts no longer fit together properly, joints are overly tight or overly loose, and sculpted detail appears "washed-out." Just compare the face of an original 1984 Generation 1 Prowl or Hound with a 2000-onwards reissue.[1]

Molds specifically said to be worn out beyond a condition where further use is still viable include:

Essentially all of the mass-released Armada Mini-Con teams.
The 2001 Robots in Disguise Autobot Brothers: Prowl, Side Burn, and X-Brawn.

Molds that seem to be on their way out include:

The Alternators Subaru Impreza mold in its various incarnations started to show major signs of deterioration with Binaltech Asterisk Alert.
The Generation 1 Combaticons.
The Generation 1 Seacons are considered by many to have been beyond this point already when the Transformers Collectors' Club released the Timelines versions.
The Generation 2 Cyberjets.
Legends of Cybertron Optimus Prime.
Classics Voyager Optimus Prime.
Classics Starscream.
Masterpiece Starscream.
Movie Deluxe Class Concept Camaro Bumblebee.
Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class Rippersnapper.
Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015) Legion Class Optimus Prime.
Armada Unicron

It is unclear exactly how many uses a mold can take; some of the various Mini-Con teams were released over a half-dozen different times in the space of four years.

It is also speculated that the original Generation 1 Optimus Prime mold is long gone, as reissues share the toolings of the Generation 2 mold.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 26, 2021