Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

Are people still doing the 'don't talk to me and my son' meme?

Hell yeah! I took a few when I got my Optimuses last July. I think this is the one that came out the best:

(Excuse the desk mess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is there a reasonably reliable way to find toys from a few years ago in the UK? I've noticed that even stuff from Siege can be tricky to find.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't use Facebook, won't touch it. Ah well, it's just toys.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I keep telling myself I don't need TR Twin Twist just because I have TR Topspin, I only got Topspin because he looks like the Vic Viper. But man...

E: Does anyone have access to a copy of the PDF version of Terry van Feleday's analysis of the first three movies? I could have sworn I made my own copy in google drive, but it turns out I'd just kept a link to it and the original is now gone.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Argh, this fucker of a seller on Amazon sent me Siege Aimless instead of Siege Blowpipe. I already have Aimless! That was the point of ordering Blowpipe!

E: Looking at it it was probably the slave labour at Amazon itself that hosed up. Still, annoying.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 22, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Last Call posted:

You can contact help on there and tell them of the mix up . Chances are you'll even be able to keep that extra Aimless.

So I hear, but there wasn't even an option for that that I could see. Where should I be looking?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That just put me through to their bot, which redirected me to the normal returns process. Maybe I'll get better results in the morning.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BooDooBoo posted:

Just type "Agent", it'll skip the steps.

Didn't even give me any chance to type, just had buttons to click.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Second time was the charm.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

While I'm thinking about it, anyone know an upgrade kit for Siege Megatron that fixes the giant gaping forearm voids? They really bother me and it's near impossible to get a cool pose going that isn't proudly showing one of them off. It's crazy that they didn't spring for two extra parts to put flaps on there like Earthrise Optimus has.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, I bought one like this from eBay.

That was the first result, I'm sure you can find a better/cheaper one now that you know what it looks like/they exist. Maybe you can get the files and get someone to print one for you.

The world of aftermarket upgrade kits is a pricy one, to be sure.

That looks like exactly what I wanted, cheers! It's a little unclear how it attaches from those photos, but I'm sure I'll work it out. Not easy to find on the UK version of the site, either. How well does it stay closed when posing? And how does it stay closed? Just a stiff hinge?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like all of these kinds of things are a months long wait for them to be shipped from China. Ugh. Might just learn to deal with it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, anyway.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've made a discovery about Siege Megatron. (Excuse the terrible lighting)

His hands make pretty good ports to plug extra weapons into the turret if you leave them folded out. His vehicle mode is already giving up six of the ten ports he has in robot mode, so noticing that you can still use his hands is a big deal. That also means I could solve the forearm gaps with a much simpler filler plate and not even bother ever folding the hands away.

Bonus photo:

Battle Masters in his hands make decent footholds for Core-class figures.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Would y'all here consider Jetfire and Jetstorm to be the Animated version of the Aerialbots? I was watching McFeely's video on the Aerialbots recently and was surprised they didn't get a mention.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apparently Legacy Bulkhead is already out in France.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlqITm7dsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymM6E5X1JXA
I'm not sure I like it. I want to like it, I like Bulkhead, but his torso looks really hollow and his transformation seems weirdly over complicated. The vehicle mode looks great, and the robot mode seems nice and poseable, I don't hate the design. I'm just not sure I'd be able to overlook the belly gap and the way he has to unfold into basically a long stick to transform.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thew got his hands on a leaked Bulkhead and just the photos he's taking are blowing all my misgivings away.
https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1488853352465289224

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Leaked makes it sound illicit, he’s just out in Europe now.

I heard it was a brief leak and only in France. Everywhere I'm looking at in the UK (I know, not really Europe any more) still gives dates anywhere from May to June.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It has the Bulkhead spirit. It's exploring new and very valid ground for the Bulkhead lineage.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

After a little poking around, it looks like someone archived Terry van Feleday's Transformers analysis after all.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/03/05/transformers/transformers.pdf

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm crossing my fingers for a Legacy Lugnut. He's been MIA for about as long as Bulkhead, right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Today I bought SS Cliffjumper and Earthrise Fasttrack.

Cliffjumper is just such a neat little guy. I love his his robot mode, I love his car mode (visible hand-rear end aside), I love how his car mode fits in Optimus's trailer, I love his giant gun, I love how his giant gun can clip onto the bottom of Optimus's trailer no problem. The instructions are definitely bullshitting a bit when they say you can clip the gun's stock onto his shoulder. It kinda works, but any amount of shoulder movement makes it pop off. It sticks to his thigh like a dream, though.

Him small! Him good.

Fasttrack is definitely not as good of a Weaponizer as Cog is. My main problem with him, and it's not really that big of a problem, is that I don't have any Decepticons with a single central back port, so I can't do the big gun backpack thing, and there's not really anything else you can do with the torso. Cog has a similar problem if you're not doing the big gun backpack, but at least his upper torso is still a little buggy thing all by itself, and you can turn it into that kinda bullshit """shield"""/"""""handgun""""" mode, so it's only the lower torso that's at a bit of a loose end. His colour scheme works pretty well for giving Megatron skates, even more shoulder turrets and a big knife. For now, I've slapped his torso onto Megatron's back like Chewie carrying C-3PO in Cloud City. My thinking is that Megatron's happy to carry the guy if it means he always has a goon on-hand.

Him big! Him good.

His arms work as half-decent landing skids for Spinister's helicopter mode, too, but clash visually in a way that Cog's parts don't.

Sidenote, Cog's arms and pistols really just work incredibly well with Spinister. Without even thinking about the rest of Cog, you can give Spinister's helicopter 10 guns in this really cool Apache-like configuration, and Cog's blue is so close to Spinister's that it's hard to tell they're from two different toys. I'm so used to leaving them on there that he kind of looks naked without them. And you don't have to take them off during transformation, either. The pistols will probably fall off by themselves, but with not very much effort at all you can transform Spinister from a heavily-armed gunship into a multiply-armed robot. The tops of the shoulders tend to clash with his rotors when posing, but it's not an insurmountable problem. If you have Spinister, give him Cog's arms. Cog won't mind.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I should probably check out my "local" Smythes (irritatingly out of my way) but it's so much simpler to just go to Forbidden Planet. More fun, too, I can cast silent scorn on the aisle of Funko Pops as I go by.

Posing this guy is so much fun. It's weird, Optimus obviously has way more range of motion but I'm never as inspired to fiddle with him as I am with Big Lad Who Arm Have Gun.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kid Fenris posted:

That's the Earthrise Optimus, right?

I don't buy many Transformers, but I have thought about getting a decent Prime that's in scale with the other Autobots I have. It's just hard to keep track of which ones are good, since there new versions every time I check.

Kingdom, but it's the same thing. It's very good, yes. Legs are a little on the lanky side and arms are a little on the stubby side, but it has so many nice little touches that I think it's worth it. It has a tiny Matrix in the chest that you can take out and have him hold it over his head! And you can attach blast effects to it! The trailer really won't hold anything bigger than Cliffjumper if you care about that. It will hold Core Optimus though, so you can have the big boy poop out the little boy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Perceptor's massive shoulder cannon and general look owns a lot. I really wouldn't be able to get over knowing that he turns into a microscope, though. Even if the leg sculpting and official stock photos are trying to play it off as some kind of artillery piece or radar dish or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A giant boombox doesn't make much sense, but giant speaker towers are a thing, you can come up with a way to justify it if you try. A giant microscope isn't anything. And I don't have a Soundwave either.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Obviously you can like what you like and do what you want. I just think the microscope mode looks wildly out of place next to anything else that didn't come from Microchange.

Although looking it up, the artillery mode was part of the original toy, so I guess you could think of it as a triple changer where you can completely ignore one of the modes?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

The cartoon made it work, but that's because of the whole "gently caress scale" mentality it had.

Yeah, that works in the wonderful world of animation, but I can't help but feel that even a little kid would notice that their Megatron toy is very definitely not fitting in Starscream's hand.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

The thing about Perceptor is that he's supposed to be a means of scientific observation. Nothing else but a microscope makes sense. Making him a tank as a non-third mode misses the point of him entirely.

It's a sensor platform then. A radar truck. A long range telescope.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Robot Style posted:

Generations was alright for this, though nothing about it really feels like it has to be Perceptor.

Something like this might actually work - I like the oldschool car vibe for the character.

It's approximately what Animated Perceptor would have been, right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the original pilot had somebody spying on the autobots transformed into a streetlight.

That was literally Soundwave, and his Siege toy does do that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just finished reading Last Stand of the Wreckers, and god do I understand why people keep recommending it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BooDooBoo posted:

Make sure you read the extra material, they add some great detail and character.

All I need now is SOMEONE to release a good LSoTW Pyro so I can complete my line-up!

I did, I got the hardcover edition with all the included. Ironfist...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good news, people who have to be able to masturbate to literally every single thing in your life:
https://twitter.com/Kotobukiya_EN/status/1492687469791248392

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I guess Megatron doesn't really have that much in the way of recognisable design cues. He has a hat and a gun, he's big and blocky and grey with a Darth Vader belly panel and some red. All of those elements are represented, aside from body shape. And yeah, it's close to a Nazi uniform, but he is a fascist wannabe dictator who turns into a Nazi gun, so maybe that's appropriate?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not a huge fan of Earthspark as a name, it just seems like two unrelated words stuck together. Maybe it'll be relevant though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is there a reasonably easy way to watch Beast Wars in the UK? I had a look on Netflix but all I saw was the WfC dirges and the second season of Cyberverse.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They aren't, cheers.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I can't not hear Cheetor and Rattrap as Mega Man and Proto Man.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Look who got dropped off at my door today!

Such saurian charisma!

He makes a pretty good steed for his namesake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What do y'all think of Kingdom Scorponok and Terrorsaur? I kinda want to get them as a little goon squad for BW Megs, especially after seeing how dirty they got done at the end of season 1.