Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, I never thought they would find a way for me to like Rodimus, but MTMTE managed it. Still nowhere near my favorite but I don't loathe him anymore and that's a huge improvement.

I'm with Gammatron here on detesting Japanese TF series, and I'll also add that they like to ruin western TF cartoons too. What they did with Beast Wars was horrible, and I don't even want to find out how they changed Animated or Prime.

Like I said before, while I do like TF:Prime I also kinda agree with the criticism it receives, mostly how the Autobots are so unnecessarily boring. On the other hand I happen to like almost every decepticon because they have actual personalities, even Soundwave while not uttering a single word. I like what we've seen of Shockwave until now but I wish they didn't need to force the word "Logic" on 75% of what he says. I know it was kinda cool in the comics but it feels a bit forced here. I'm neutral on Megatron but I long for the day when we get an earth-mode Megatron again, I'm so sick of having bullshit cybertron modes (I think you can have cool cybertronian vehicles, but Megs' altmode isn't one of them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Awww I was just playin' I didn't mean anything by it.

Watched the newest Prime episodes today. Pepper spray is effective against Decepticons optics and some of them also watch Earth horror films.

... At drive-in theaters!

Ok so I was really pessimistic about this but apparently I'm -finally- gonna get my MP Soundwave from TFSource soon! That was a very unexpected news this week and I'm just so happy about it! It's probably my most anticipated toy in ages. Oh and also Springer and Blitzwang are on their way here!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yes, but they aren't terribly different. Some more shiny paint here and there, for example Blitzy has a gold-ish helmet. They showed up recently so they should be easy to find if you filter the news section at TFW or Seibertron.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You might also want to get some info on the previous mold it's based on. It's definitely well-done but NOT for everyone. As in, it has loads and loads of separate parts.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Separate parts as in what? Like lots of cool accessories, or it's a partsformer to get it to go from motorcycle to 'bot?

Both actually. She partsforms like a motherfucker but each separate part has its use, so it's like cool accessories too. Technically she can go from robot to bike without any of the add-on parts but it doesn't look like a full bike. Again, it's a pretty cool toy, but a bit expensive for the size and if you don't like excessive extra parts then it's definitely not for you.

I don't know if this is true but I've also read that it feels a bit fragile. Never saw any reports of it breaking so maybe it was just fan BS.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, if anything we'll have some pretty neat cars in the movie:

Probably another Autobot.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

What... what have you guys done to me? :psyduck:

IT BEGINS

Enjoy the first days of your newfound plastic crack addiction.

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus. Look, the future of toy manufacturing just happened. Now all I need is a 3D printer..

You know this could be silly but I always wondered if we'd have "downloadable" toys in the not so-very-far future. This technology is too useful and will only become better and more accessible from now on. Maybe not us, but our grandsons at least!

vvv Not me mister, I still love all of the lovely toys. Now that I think of it there's very few figures I downright despise. vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 26, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Before you try the sandpaper method for Blutzwang, I recommend to try This one. I tried sanding down first but clearly I didn't do enough, then I tried this other method and in less than a minute I fixed my Blitz's shoulders perfectly. You can use different materials to do it as long as they're at least 1mm deep.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, it could also have come filled with actual peanuts.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now is when it really starts getting good. You're also up to a surprise or two now, but no spoilers.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I once got some people really angry at me for suggesting that, maybe, they could make an updated generations seeker mold. Think of all the repaint potential and people having to replace all their old seekers!

Then again I'm pretty weird in that I only have one version of the mold, and it's... Acid Storm. (I do love the little fucker though)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also deluxe Armada Starscream and Blitzwing's redeco is... Doubledealer?

Oh holy crap deluxe BW Waspinator. and VOYAGER RHINOX and WHIRL (MTMTE)!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

New mold apparently.

I liked the episode, but I felt the bot mode reveal was a bit underwhelming. But you're right, the fight was pretty awesome. I really thought UM would bite it though.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 29, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Transmetal Tarantulas is already perfect, curse you :argh:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wow, I thought it was a mistake but those really are deluxes... Also a new voyager OP and Predaking? What the gently caress.

Yyyyyyeah even I can't defend this.

But hey every other reveal is pretty awesome, I'm very happy overall.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The display case photos are showing up now, if you wanna see some of the hilariously mistransformed new toys and handpainted prototypes. Wazzzzzpinator and Rhinox are glorious.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

That Skids is a retool of Orion Pax, right? I can't figure out how it could just be a repaint, but it's close enough to look like a retool, kinda maybe.

It's either the heaviest retool ever done or a completely new mold.

At least the new voyager Predaking does look pretty bitchin' and hey, deluxe Prowl!

I'm guessing the upscaled legends are what they meant at the toy panel when they said they needed simpler transformations for smaller kids. I'm OK with it if that's the reason.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 29, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My theory is they'll be a labeled subline to try and get smaller kids to enjoy the toys. I mean they are still putting out regular deluxes (look at Prowl), and the Generations line is the same. Who cares really, I just won't buy the upscaled legends and leave it at that. I do want Prowl and the new Predaking, even though it looks like the dragon head just hangs back there in his rear end. That sword looks killer.

Oh and hey, Generations is gonna be amazing.

Of course, the upscaled legends is likely the only thing that will ever come to local stores. We're kinda special like that :downs:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I remember you giving vague hints about Metroplex. That one must've been hell to keep silent about!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aren't those closer to commanders than legion size? Also they're more articulated than regular legends so Cosmos is a 100% upgrade.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

The important thing to know about Soundwave is if his arm and fingers are poseable enough to tap his own eject button. And if he's thick enough to put multiple tapes in his chest at once, so they can keep coming out in one go.

He can, and he does carry three. But I'm extra careful with the index finger since it can pop off and fly away easily if you're careless.

Other than that it's a dream toy and I love mine and its five minions to death. You guys HAVE to get this one, don't miss out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

You can't cancel an order once you've placed it, you pay in advance, and there's no real way to check your order status aside from emailing them, which they don't like very much. A lot of people also got screwed when they offered up a preorder for MP Soundwave but never delivered on it. I've never had an unfulfilled order from them, but it is a bit like throwing your money in a hole and hoping it coughs up a toy robot a few months later.

I'm gonna step in here and say that they finally sent mine and apologized appropiately for the delay (I had mentioned my situation earlier in the thread I think). They also shipped it super fast, on a weekend, and I received the package faster than I've ever received anything from either TFSource or BBTS so they did at least put some effort. They were respectful and reasonably fast to answer when I emailed to inquire about the Soundwave situation. The other stuff you mention IS completely true however.

I still prefer BBTS over them but I have to retract some of my earlier criticism of TFSource. Or maybe I'm just too drat happy with my Soundwave to be angry at anything right now :).

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I had the same reaction. Those things are like shampoo bottles. I am not some kind of "lol gently caress action masters" guy-- at least they come with a thing that transforms. But TF toys that have absolutely no transforming element at all are just...even as a little kid I'd rather have a small transformer I hated instead of a giant non-transforming Optimus. I'm not calling that kid dumb, I just hope he doesn't have a buyer's remorse hangover when he gets home.

This reminds me of my favorite toy aisle story; I was browsing through the figures and nearby there was a dad on the phone asking (I'll asume his wife) about what toys and characters his two kids wanted. He went something like "Oh.. yeah transformers, right? Oh let's see... oh yeah here's bumblebee!" and he bought two bumblebees, one for each brother. The exact same bumblebee (DOTM deluxe). Like, there even was a different Bumblebee to choose (nitro bee) but nope, two bumblebees. I was completely :psyduck: and almost felt like recommending some neat figures to him, but I felt it'd be awkward and maybe creepy.

Please note that I'm in no way blaming the guy or criticizing him or his kids, it was just one of those experiences when you see how differently guys who aren't compulsive manchildren TF buyers like us interact with the brand.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My RiD Magnus' tires are intact, but the back wheels on my RiD Prime split. They're still on but I wouldn't make him roll out of fear that they'll snap right off. Also while I do love RiD Prime a lot, I've always found that he's a little bit overrated, but still fantastic.

I don't care about Sideswipe's tires, he is still one of the most fun and satisfying masterpieces to me.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Goddamn it this episode owned. Soundwave is the best Transformer ever, somehow out-sassing Knockout and Starscream combined without even needing a line. When pressed for info he makes a dubstep remix of Prime's question, displays a smiley face, and then crashes his own hard drive. And of course his one line of his own in the show is Soundwave superior Autobots inferior.. Bee actually got a bit of character when And of course later he wrecks everyone's poo poo. And you can tell they're building a conflict between Ratchet and Optimus

If every episode was like this one no one would be complaining. Next show should just be from the cons point of view all the time.

I loved how Shockwave finally showed he isn't having any of Starscream's poo poo, and was only pretending to play along. Even the most "plain" decepticon has more personality that the Autobots (sans Smokescreen, WJ and Ratchet, I think). I also like super-serious Magnus just because he's at lest a bit inspired from IDW Magnus. It's been said before but yeah Soundwave is the best, I wish he had a bigger toy. But yeah it's the decepticons who mostly carry this show. The Predaking also became a lot more interesting since I don't know if the whole honor and loyalty thing is a facade, and Megatron is clearly nervous with him around since the guy outclasses both him and OP.

The autobots may be boring but it doesn't make me hate them like some of the movie 'bots do. IMO they just need a little more to be interesting, like, everybody should recognize Optimus' boringness and joke about it, and don't hate me for this but even Bumblebee's beepiness can be somewhat cute instead of movie bee's idiotic radio-talking hyper efficient badass warrior schtick.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 6, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's nothing wrong with the voice actor himself. I don't even say this out of nostalgia since Cullen wasn't the Prime I heard when I was a child. Heh, now I remember Megatron in the latin dub, he sounded like an evil robotic old lady. The only transformer that was consistent between dubs is obviously Soundwave.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's a completely new mold, and apparently pretty large for a voyager. The new Optimus however looks a lot like his cyberverse commander version, but it's still not just an upscale.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I got that payload because he was on sale (here that means it was regular USA price) and it's a pretty cool bot. I think it's better than Longhaul even though I don't have him, and looks good with Mixmaster. Sadly he's got that awful curling arm articulation that plagues so many transformers.

There was PCC Sledge and Steamhammer, who are pretty cool construction vehicle cons.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Anyone else here have a Springer and have the same problems Optibotimus had with his in his video review? Like, where stuff just doesn't want to peg together right, specifically the panel that flips down and pegs onto the backs of his thighs in helicopter mode, or the side windows in car mode? Mine doesn't want to cooperate and I can't figure out if I got a dud and should exchange him at TRU, or if it's a consistent mold problem and I shouldn't bother.

Mine pegs together good enough, and at least Peaugh and Baltmatrix (I think) have posted follow-up videos showing their springers pegging together correctly after their initial reviews (in which they mentioned the problem). This might vary from figure to figure, and keep in mind that Optibotimus is... well, optibotimus. Is yours TOO bad, or just a 1mm-something- gap?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Come on guys. :ohdear:

Why hello Arkeville, did you do something to your hair?

From an upcoming event on that mobile card game, apparently.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

I'm actually liking Blitzwing quite a bit more right now. That's... that's now how it's supposed to be. :(

Actually I liked Blitzwing the most from the initial reveal. But yeah, he and Astrotrain were always my favorite triplechangers while my G1 Springer was a bit lame. When I got my generations triple changers recently I was disappointed with Blitz's shoulders (as everyone else) but after I fixed them (all it needs is a small styrene square and glue!) I went right back to loving him over Springer.

That's not to say Spring isn't awesome because he is. While the sides on mine tab pretty well in car mode, the buttflap on mine has the same problem of just not pegging in, but honestly it doesn't affect either mode. Also his shoulder balljoints were amazingly loose to the point where he couldn't keep his arms up even without weapons, but a little nail polish fixed that good.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not only that, but I've always seen him as a rather OK and modest guy, even though he IS Optimus Prime to most of the fandom he never comes off as feeling like he somehow owns the character like other actors do sometimes. He just does his job and he's pretty good at it. I can't blame him for the writers' errors.

Man I really want an MP Acid Storm, it's just so silly.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

It's beena long-held dream of mine to obtain an AFA-graded Beast Wars Neo Randy, then shake the poo poo out of it until he crumbles into gold fragments. It would be the centerpiece of my MISB collection-- an homage to GPS and the stupidity of AFA grading at the same time.

If you ever do this, you must somehow upload a video and keep the comments open. It'll be a gold mine. (Now that I remember there's already a video of someone crushing Randy, only it wasn't AFA graded)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, Peaugh. :allears:

LightsGameraAction posted:

Agreed. They chose the worst drat Beast Hunters mold to homage him too.

I like Skystalker but I suspect it might be because I got one with non-loose leg joints. If it had loose hind legs it'd be a nightmare. As simple as his transformation is, the robot mode is decent enough for me (he looks somewhat ninja-esque) and the dragon mode is badass. I just took the drat discs away since they're pretty much useless anyway, and he looks much better unarmed.

Ripclaw is still the best however. I'd get Skylinx if it wasn't a Target exclusive.

vvv It also doesn't help that mold that though he's super easy to transform, he is somehow mistransformed in every drat picture on the net vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 10, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yesterday marks the second time I've seen a parent eyeing one of those huge rubbery looking TFP Optimus and Bumblebee "statues". It's like I'm taking crazy pills!

I mean I always like when TF toys sell here, it gives me hope that they won't stop selling Transformers in local stores.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep, already talked about him some pages ago but I'm gonna third that, it's a pretty cool mold. You can minimize the backpack a bit mistransforming it just a little.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dammit people, I'm starting to think the Construct-a-Bots are kind of cool :ohdear:

Also this price seems pretty convenient, if you don't mind those molds: Platinum Bruticus + Grimlock

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

To be honest, I've never gotten a Shockwave figure for the altmode. Even the G1 laser gun was kind of lame (*HERESY*). BH Shocky is one of the best Shockwaves out there.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lepecard posted:

The upper torso and shoulders look mis-transformed to me.

I understand that the people who set up these booths only have a few minutes or so to get everything ready so getting everything a 100% transformed isn't a top priority but you'd think they'd allocate time to do so especially when photos are going to be hitting the internet within the hour.

Such as what happened with Blitzwing.

Yeah, that's my take on it too. I'll just wait for better pictures and poses/correct transformation before judging, but what I see has potential. It's very similar to its G1 figure which I loved as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm hoping everyone here can get his Soundwave because in my opinion, it's one of those figures every Transformer fan should enjoy.