Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even if you don't appreciate the character design, what Unique Toys is pulling off is pretty darn impressive. There's another company doing their own that doesn't look half bad either.

People are sayin the truck is inccurate but I couldn't tell :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They are, that big Tarn in the background is the combined mode. Given their size differences they don't seem to be a traditional combiner too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What? First Edition voyager Op is a god drat masterpiece.

I feel like UT or that 3p that made that DOTM Mirage could design a beautiful Knock Out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nobody has any use for F-35s it seems.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

We also have no idea if and how the Titan class figures will mesh with the current gimmicks. We have to wait for Predaking.

I think they mentioned Razorclaw will have his own "Matrix" which is the new gimmick thingy with the "armor pieces" and primemasters.

So I guess he's Predaking Prime now or something like that, which at least sounds pretty badass.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah they have to combine so using the evolution gimmick on top of that would be too much.

They said we'd get to see him next year right?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Breasback.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So I was out for a walk and on a whim went into a hobby store I had already checked last week. Surprisingly I found TLK voyager Megatron, a figure I had already given up on getting! It's really REALLY good. Like, I don't want to poo poo on Titans Return, Iove that line too but this toy and Nitro who I got earlier just feel so far beyond the Titan voyagers' engineering and just sheer fun. I can't recommend him enough, and I imagine the retooled and oversized KO Rendsora is neat too.

So yeah if you ever get the chance and like how he looks absolutely get this guy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

All of them look great except that Slipstream IMO.

Also Triggerhappy why :smith:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Everything always looks 100% better than in Hasbro stock photography so I'll wait for in-hand samples as always since we always go through this.

I don't think there's much denying the wide tail though. Can't be much worse than FoC's bigass tail and empty stomach though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I felt that Overlord needed some heavier weaponry so once again construct-bots spare parts come to the rescue!

Since it's the right color I don't know if I should paint it over, translucent's kinda cool too. Also it's two pieces so it can separate into more guns. You can even plug his normal rifle into the side. Pretty fun!

Also some useful advice: if your Overlord has somewhat loose arm sliders (they're on a rail to telescope in n' out) just tighten his arm screws a lil' bit (don't overdo it or you might just ruin the screw) and it fixes the problem nicely; they shouldn't slide out on their own in alt mode anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Huh, so apparently his boob doors hold him on. It's not very secure but I guess it's something.

Yeah and it's intended, but as you say it's not super secure. Still it's kind of a dumb combination anyway, I've seen a couple of fanmodes that end up with a better combined spaceship.

Speaking of that mold I'm still fighting with myself trying to convince me not to get Skyshadow too. I've spent abnormal amounts of time holding the box in a store staring at how badass he looks.