Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Were people really crying out for a new Inferno?

I'm taking a pass. It's... Inferno. I've even already got Hot Spot and Pyra Magna. Buying the same mold again for a character I didn't even care much about in the first place doesn't appeal.

(I will be jumping on the rest of the Terrorcons when they show up, so it's not like I'm ignoring the wave entirely.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was told that TFC Toys' Poseidon is back in stock. I feel if I buy it, Hasbro will definitely put out an updated version promptly two months after.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

Gigapower

You want Gigapower Dinobots

Do you think the Dinobots should be fun lumps of giant awesome bullshit with more option parts than you can shake a stick at and fire swords that double as flamethrowers for their mouths?

Holy crap. You could cram like three of the PotP Dinobots into one of those.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

They're worth every cent too.

These are basically what kids in the 80s thought G1 Dinobot toys were

So they'd be even taller than Leader-class stuff, right? Which is not a drawback when it comes to Dinobots.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

They're getting so much more use out of molds now that they figured out the remolding and reshelling stuff.

It still trips me out a little that Hun-Grrr is a retool of freaking Silverbolt.

That said, how is UT's Ordin?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Troll is good, the rest of the bots are mediocre.

Not really worth the $500 investment.

Pity. I'll stick with the PotP then.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yikes.

People like Feral Rex, right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaebril posted:

POTP is an easy pass for me... I only really need the Dinobots. Abominus too, but that's it. I ended up getting Dreadwind and Darkwing when they were 10% off, they are surprisingly good retools, very nice in hand. And the legends too, I got them but they don't count because I'm already completing the minibots anyway and BattleTrap is once in a lifetime. I'll get the girls when I can too, you still don't get that many fembots... But that's it. POTP is an easy pass.

The only figures I'm not planning on getting are Inferno (because I've already got Pyra Magna and Hot Spot) and Optimus Primal (because kinda expensive).

On a personal note, I wish they used the gaps in the last of Wave 4 so that I could finish off the Scavengers. Just need Spinister, Fulcrum and Crankcase. (Although it would possibly be a hard sell for Fulcrum to just turn into a bomb. I definitely want Spinister, though. I would even take YET ANOTHER ALPHA BRAVO retool.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DisposableHero posted:

I'm reasonably sure it's an attempt at humor. It also reflects my purchasing plan for POTP though.

Both reflect a shocking lack of Jazz.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I...I was not truly prepared for the size of the Gigapower Dinobots[/timg]

Is that a Swindle next to him?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't often indulge in a wish list, but I'd really dig a Voyager-class Snapdragon and Apeface.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

These guys are probably too big for your liking but there's not a lot of 3P of the characters.

http://www.thechosenprime.com/KFCKingorillaKongor

http://www.thechosenprime.com/KFCKingzillaKomodus

Those do look nice, though. I particularly like Komodus' dragon mode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does anyone have strong opinions on the PE upgrade stuff for CW Devastator? It's all back in stock, so tells TFSource, and it would be kind of nice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Okay, if you're willing to drop four times the price for an equivalent combiner, then sure. For his retail price he is impeccable. The sturdiness is basically unmatched, I had him perched on a semi-wobbly perch for about six months in a dynamic pose and he held it the entire time without falling over.

What's more, I got him as a gift so super cheap. I've still been toying with tarting him up some.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

When your license holder forces you to reboot your entire line of their properties (except MLP) and causes one of the founders of the company to leave...

Yeah, you generally stop giving a poo poo.

Even Roberts seems done with Transformers after this. at least for a while.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Be nice if they got Tom Kenny to voice Screamer. He did a good job in Animated.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just blend clips of G1 Starscream and Cobra Commander and call it done.

And D.Compose if you need to stretch it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've never really liked movie or Prime Bumblebees. The whole reason he was prominent enough to remember and use a feature character was because he was a little tiny robot that could plausibly interact with little tiny humans, and then the movies make him big and built like a gorilla for god knows why.

Because Bay decided that the robot mode had to be proportional to vehicle mode. Mass displacement? In our giant robots from space movie? Laws, no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xenomrph posted:

It also has Anthony Hopkins genuinely not phoning it in and being an all-around class act despite what he had to work with.

There’s some behind-the-scenes stuff where he rides in the Aston Martin when it’s going crazy fast and he was like a kid on a roller coaster, it was pretty :kiddo: .

I do wish they hadn’t cut the bit where Cogman turns into a Headmaster and took control of Nitro Zeus, then their toys would have had an actual payoff.

Oh, was THAT the point of Cogman. Almost makes it better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unique Toys' Rage Winter Chill is the most excited I've ever been about Vortex.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TaurusOxford posted:

Mother fucker, don't say that and not post a single pic of it:

Oh my it is like David Kaye is talking to me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Onmi posted:

Decided to look it up. Nice to know the series decided to go Full Bleach with its ending

It introduced eighty new characters?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

The TF addicts group had a thread about fuhrman returning and it had 3000 upvotes.

Yup. They want the comics to go back to the way they were when they still weren't buying them, I expect.

I would have liked to have seen like anything else besides All Hail Megatron, so in that regard it would have been nice to keep Furman around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

Caminus was a lot more graceful, even if all women being from an alien planet is still a little weird. Windblade's a great addition to canon, even if I have a couple small issues with her design.

Did they ever get around to saying why Cybertron stopped having gender?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TF Source tells me Predaking is up for pre-order. If somebody wants. Me, at this point I'd rather save for Feral Rex.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah. Not realistic enough for our giant sentient alien robot movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I know one Wal-Mart is not like another Wal-Mart, but I found Inferno out in the wild yesterday if folks are interested.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

I don't think anyone has ever cared about Sunstorm

As I (dimly) recall, Dreamwave tried to make him a Thing which tells you as much about Dreamwave as you'll ever need to know.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Honest Ray posted:

I can't find wave 2 of anything out here by me. It's truly annoying as I wanted to get my Dinobots. I put down a preorder on that Predaking but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick to it or not.

It is weird how things will show up one place and not others. The only thing I had to order online (yet) was Elita-1 and Hun-Grrr.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rubber ducky forthcoming.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phy posted:

Yeah, discussion of the actual comics has cooled off a lot since probably about Combiner Wars. I know that's where I started to lose interest. (Actually I'm pretty sure it started to lose most of the thread around Dark Cybertron)

It is true that I really like MTMTE with the qualifier of 'except during the crossovers.' And the other series seemed...fine, I guess, but... eh?

quote:

Anyway apparently IDW is rebooting the entire line soon, I figure comics talk will pick back up again for a bit, mostly to gripe

Without Roberts, which some of you might be happy about and that's fine, but it still probably tells us something. Maybe Rhyno's GEEWUN theory. Which is depressing enough to be true.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Here's what I'm thinking (since Hasbro is creatively bankrupt)

One series that is set during the cartoon and up to the original film.
One series set after that so they can use the post film cast(but hahahahaha time travel crossover!).
A Bumblebee book.
A Windblade book.
A cross-Hasbro team book again because clearly those are working out for them. A series set in the new film universe.

And absolutely no Thundercracker because gently caress you Rhyno you don't get to have the things you love.

I might be okay with a Windblade book, but it feels like at best it would be good in spite of things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe they'll try to both have and eat their cake and go back to Furman's original notion. (Which I kind of liked.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My first was Trailbreaker, picked up at K-Mart and I think they had all of that first wave. Why Trailbreaker? It is a mystery. You'd think it would have been Sideswipe or something, but no.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

Think that guy is a Go-Bot, or maybe even a Converter(bet I'm one of the few people who even knows about that line in this thread) rather than a genuine Transformer

Following your link, I think that's 'Vette!' Neat. Learn something new all the time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Are the rest of the Terrorcons supposedly in the wilds now? I've seen Inferno, but that's it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

I finally took TR Quickswitch out of his boxset prison to have a look at. Dang he has some floppy knees. Is it the same on Sixshot?

Don't think so. I've had my Sixshot posed fairly dynamically and he's been a rock since I got him ages ago.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

This is hard to disagree with.

But then all the BW characters peaked with their TM1 designs.

I have some fondness for TM2 Megatron.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

TM2 Megatron is the one TM2 design I like, although it's kind of cheating by being a dragon. I still prefer TM1 Megatron's robot mode of the three.

That's both fair and the reason why I like TM2. I've also never owned TM2, so it's a One That Got Away which helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DoctorWhat posted:

Part of the frustration is that some of the cost of MPBW Megs is clearly the addition of fully-integrated voiceclips that no one in the Western markets wants because they're from the lovely homophobic gag dub.

Oh, ew. It's not like Kaye wouldn't be down if asked. (And paid, but mostly asked.)