Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

All the IDW-wave deluxes are up on Hasbro Toy Shop now by the way. For some reason wave 1 doesn't show up unless you search by name, but they're all there and in stock. Just remember to search for Trailcutter and not Trailbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

Huh. For whatever reason I didn't know Hoist was just a Trailcutter remold/paint.

I like Trailcutter better so far. I can't get Hoist's crane to sit properly in alt- mode and I think my version if it was constructed incorrectly.
Speaking of these guys, here's a third-party thing I plan to actually buy: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/950642-x2-toys-hoist-trailcutter-add.html
It gives Hoist his back wings and truck bed kibble, in a backpack that apparently doesn't have to be removed when he transforms. It also gives Trailbreaker his G1 hand gun, but I don't really care about that.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Got Generations Stealth Jet Megatron at TRU the other day, who had waves I knew nothing about. Pleasing to look at in both modes except for the fusion cannon just being a way to use extra kibble.

And UK collectors may be interested to know that Tesco seem to have marked a lot of their Beast Hunters stuff down half price, if anyone is into that.

Where was the triple changer voyager waves in relation to that Megatron wave? Just in case they actually come out here.
Here in the US the triple-changers were out way before the deluxes, probably 4-5 months earlier?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think Diesel looks awesome despite the amount of poo poo that design is getting.

Also, who wants to drop $300 for an iGear set of the 3 original seekers?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=IGR10044&mode=retail

And then another $300 for the coneheads, then another for the rainmakers, and hey, why not throw in Sunstorm and G2 Ramjet? Before you know it, you in over a grand for crappy iGear seekers!

I would say who in the world wants those, but I know these people are out there.
I'm one :(

I'm still down for the big three seekers at $100 a piece, that's what I paid for the Hercules bots. I just really want some seekers made out of planes newer than the 1970's, that don't turn into flat chicken-bots. I'll probably pass on the coneheads though, unless I'm really blown away by the main three. I'm not really sure how those alternative wings would work on the F-22 body anyway.

And gently caress the Rainmakers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I... try to like these, but the weird heads and thin arms are just too much. But like you, there are a lot of people who seem to like them so good for iGear I guess? I'll be the last to judge other TF fans' tastes since I like things like PCC and most Beast Hunters.
Back to the F-22 Seekers, they're coming with a second head now. The first one was so absurdly bad and universally hated I figured they'd be pressured into changing it. The render of the new head's on the top of the page here, it's honestly not great either but it's a lot better. And yeah the thin arms and huge boots aren't ideal, but I can live with them.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Looking at that combined Motormaster, one of my complaints is the same as it has been for a lot of these; those cars on his legs are useless. They' don't turn into legs or something, they're just sort of extensions between the foot and the knee. I would much rather have the car turn into a leg, then the car just slam in there like loving shin armor. I don't care about G1 accuracy myself, I just want cool combiners.
This is what totally kills it for me. If the parts of the legs the cars snap into were more skeletal so the cars were providing structural support I could probably accept it, but as it is I'm pretty sure they're just popped on the front. A combiner team shouldn't have optional members.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

catch22 posted:

Apparently there's 3 Brainstorms!

Toyworld:

Fansproject:

God drat those heads are terrible. Toyworld's might just be a victim of a bad angle, but Fansprojects' looks way too organic with those weird mouth lines.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kurui Reiten posted:

So, what's the general consensus on third-party Devastators? There are a few options out there, and I don't really want to look through fifty sites for a run down. I'm not buying any time soon, but I'd still like to know the pros, cons, and general feeling about them.
There's only two, MMC's Giant and TFC's Hercules. Even though I'm a Hercules owner I think Giant probably looks better, but the drawbacks are he's smaller (the members are apparently the size of a small deluxe) and he has more combiner parts that need to be set aside. His lower arms turn into some vague kind of carts that can be towed behind the vehicles. Hercules looks more toy-like, but he's bigger (each member is the size of a voyager) and more self-contained. Other than the chest shield, all the combiner parts can slot into the individual robots somewhere. Granted this leaves Scavenger and Bonecrusher with big hands hanging off their backs in robot mode, and the official carrying mode for the hand in Boncrusher's vehicle mode is crap, but it can be hidden under him between his treads.

Personally the size and lack of extra parts sealed the deal for me. I like my combiners as large and with as little kibble as possible. They're both good figures, it's really down to personal preference.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TheDK posted:

This is what I thought as well. Looking forward to finding out more about that dimension/spark/whatever.

I picked up a Spyshot 6 today at a local toy show. He is a really cool little bot! The head reminds me of Rung and it has killer light piping.

Have some pics!

e: bonus

The Real Gear subline was the best thing to come out of the movie line. Cool little robots that actually looked like real Transformers and explored a kind of alt mode that hadn't really be done since G1. I wish they'd kept making them throughout the movies instead of just the first one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No Your Other Left posted:

Can't argue the proportion bit, but the best arrangement I've found for the Brawl arm is the same length as the Swindle arm. (Sorry about the crappy pic.)

My biggest pet peeve about Bruticus is that this is clearly the best looking limb configuration, but my OCD won't let me form him in a non-G1 layout.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

It doesn't solve YOUR problem, but Vortex is by FAR the best arm and Brawl's by FAR the best leg so you're still wrong :colbert:
Vortex is definitely a great arm, but I can't get over his karate chop hand.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some of you may remember how I always bitch about partsforming, so I did a thing to Trailbreaker.

No more camper shell/sheild to have to take off during transformation. I wish I would have been able to cut a narrower gap between the sides, but otherwise I'm really pleased by the way it came out. The only downside is it does kind of limit knee articulation because of those silver spike things, I probably could have cut them down closer. This is as far as he can bend his knee now, unless you fake it and untransform his leg a bit to bend it to the side.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Perfectly capturing what I'm sure we all remember as Sixgun's most distinguishing feature, his gigantic disproportionate fists.

Yep, ol' "Huge-Hands" Sixgun we all called him.

Apparently they're recycling the arms from their Rage of Hercules add-on

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

IDW is never one to shy away from opportunity and this time they're taking the mysterious Alien world of X-Files and crossing it over with the Robots in Disguise! Yes, you read that right, IDW will be having comic crossover events where X-Files, The Transformers, the Ghostbusters, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Crow meet face to face.
People still care about the Crow? The is the dead Brandon Lee Crow? Huh.

They should have kept with the theme and done a crossover with this Cro:

Checkout that 90's-required token minority friend. Rad as gently caress.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Edit: Transformers GO! Dragon-Train Optimus revealed and...

I would hate it, but it makes me laugh too much.
I'm going to guess there was a mistranslation somewhere along the way and the dragon mode is actually a dragon boat. There's no way they're trying to pass that off as an actual beast mode. There's a slightly clearer pic here, they didn't even try to give it hind legs. Also that's quite an impressive random chest shelf Optimus is sporting.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Botcon just did Thunderclash a few years ago, they probably didn't want to do him again.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-thunderclash-revealed-boxed-sets-now-87-sold-out-167192/

Also they seemed dedicated to only doing Machine Wars characters no one cared about.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm going to say that there's a pretty good chance of generations Leader Jetfire and Megatron being two original molds. They already made Metroplex the largest transformer ever for Generations, so what's two original leader figures?

It makes sense for jetfire to get a leader figure because then he'll be in proper G1 Toy scale to the rest of the figures. :colbert:

That and he was a tall guy on the show. Either way he's going to tower over his voyager figure, which is a pretty good rendition of the character in itself.
I'm fine with a leader class Jetfire towering over everyone else, since like you said the character and G1 toy were big, but I'll be a little annoyed if the we finally get a good-updated, realistic alt-moded, Classics-style Megatron, and he's leader class and dramatically out-of-scale with all the other Classics. Unless they really knock it out of the park and he can stand alongside the Masterpiece guys as their way of atoning from the fact that they'll never be able to release a true G1 masterpiece Megatron domestically, I'd love to see that, but I don't think that's likely at the $50 price point.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm mad that beast hunters got a proper sized and painted Huffer figure before Generations did. :colbert:
There was Power Core Combiner Huffer, he wasn't a great figure, but he's a better Huffer than the angry pointy snowplow that is Beast Hunters Huffer. I really liked the Ironhide version of that mold, but the Trialcutter/Huffer remold just looks ridiculous to me. The question is, should a proper Generations-sized Huffer be the size of Optimus Prime to make the alt modes to scale, or be small and have the alt mode be out of scale or something different than G1?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SOON

I'm glad to see they didn't gently caress up the colors. I hope the other Dinobots are a bit bigger, Swoop being small is fine since he's a pteranodon, but I'd like my dinosaurs to be at least at least close to in scale. If Sludge isn't at least the same size as Grimlock I'm going to have an OCD fit.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

This turd is a Voyager. 22 dollar toy right there.

I really don't mind them making simpler Transformers for the kiddie lines, it makes a nice sweet spot between Rescue-bot level babby Transformers and the ones for older kids and manchildren, but I have a hard time supporting them charging the same price for them. No way that costs the same to make as something like Blitzwing or Springer.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

LightsGameraAction posted:

I agree. Also, I didn't know they were making more of the deluxes other than Bumblebee, Twinstrike, and Smokescreen. If I could get a super-sized Abominus out of this I'd actually be down with it.
Word is the upscaled Terrorcons have the pegs used in combining removed. I'm temped to buy Twinstrike and Windrazor and try to kitbash some better articulation into them, they were the only two Terrorcons I had as a kid so I'm kind of sentimental toward them, but I think its beyond my skill level.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Worst for me is easy:

The only decent thing I can say about him is the alt mode looks okay, for a boring mid-level car. Otherwise not one redeeming feature.

Best for me is harder because I have trouble separating the character from the mold. If there was a fire and I could only save one figure I'd pick MP-10 Prime, because he encapsulates Transformers like no other single figure for me, but I don't consider him the pinnacle of Transformer engineering or anything.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Good news everyone, we're the next step in human evolution. Our mastery of these childrens' toys has lifted us above the common simpleton.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Hercules guys were $100 a piece, that price seems about right assuming the limbs are the size of a voyager and the core is the size of the old ultra class.

That Slag looks awesome, I'm glad that even though the third parties and stepping on each other's toes again at least this time we're getting two distinct styles, Classic-like and Masterpiece-like. Unfortunately this means I have to buy both of them, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for Dinobots.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So that masterpiece not-Slag is really big, so it comes with some booties for Grimlock to make them the same size.

I get them wanting to make the Dinobots taller than Prime, but unless they're planning to do their own Grimlock this seems less-than-ideal.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Since I don't read the comics I'm curious, what is Fort Max in the IDW verse? A giant citybot, or is it like the Marvel comics where he's just a pretty big dude?

For that matter what was his alt mode supposed to be in the Marvel comics? I mean he'd still have his spaceship mode, but that was always a pretty poor excuse for a spaceship.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

A big, but not gigantic, ex-prison warden robot. He turns into a tank-ish vehicle and packs a punch. I like the design a lot, hope he gets a Generations voyager someday.
That's a pretty clever way to avoid having him turn into a fortress himself but still have his name make some sense.

Also, hey Fort Max, you've got red on you.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm thrilled with the level of articulation they put in Slag's dinosaur mode. Neck articulation, full limb articulation, even tail articulation. This is why I'm hoping they'll end up doing an updated masterpiece Grimlock, Hasbro's version's dinosaur mode was totally gimped by that head-turning gimmick they put in no one cares about. So many animal-mode Transformers are bricks in their animal modes, Grimlock was better than a lot of them, but disappointing for a masterpiece.

Also with the increased articulation you can pose him out of the tail-dragging 70's view of a triceratops. I hope the other Dinobots are articulated enough to do the same.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, the Victoria's Secret model was in the last movie.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SpikeMcclane posted:

It works way better than it should.
The robot mode works, but that car mode is too clunky for a Rodimus. Rodimus is supposed to be a sleek sportscar, not a weird buggy. Since they're reusing the Classics Prime mode again I don't see why they don't just reuse the Classics Hot Rod mold to go with it if they want a Rodimus. I mean, based on the art they're not even giving him a new head.

On the topic of badly conceived repaints, remember when Cybertron Starscream was shelfwarming all over the place because he was ridiculously out of scale with everything else? Well how would you like the chance to pay $100 for him?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ka0 posted:

Well hell.
This is what Shattered Glass should be called.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Rage posted:

Did those even come with the MP Red Alert? I don't remember seeing them in the box. Cause if not, I might have to order the KO for just those.
They were official, I remember seeing them in a lot of promo photography. They're part of Takara's efforts to include every obscure thing from the cartoon no matter how stupid it looks, like Grimlock's serving tray and apron. They might have been a retailer exclusive or something though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

As far as I know the Skids wave's only been sighted at Targets so far, and since it's Christmas anything new on the shelves gets sucked up immediately. Personally I'm not even bothering setting foot inside stores until January, it's a zoo everywhere right now and it's just going to get worse as the month goes on.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

So any idea why Age of Extinction is probably getting a Huffer and not Generations? :colbert:

Huffer is the last 1984 guy to be used in Classics/Generations. Not even a Legends figure is listed at this point, unless they're planning on giving him a super awesome voyager sized figure.
There was PCC Huffer. Not technically Classics/Generations but the same design style. Hasbro probably considers that enough to check him off their list. Remember some of the '84 guys we've considered Classics were actually released under movie sublines, like Windcharger and Seaspray. I'd like a good deluxe or voyager Huffer too though, I always had a soft spot for the character ever since that time he picked up a woolly mammoth and threw it at some cavemen.

There are some real nice looking third-party Huffers coming out, but I don't really feel the need to spend $100 on a Masterpiece-level Huffer.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

I cannot properly express how glad I am to see this trend developing.

There's some potential there for the most disturbing robot mode penis yet, depending on how that tail's articulated.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also speaking of lesser known market six robots. How much of a redeco is Generations Wreckloose? The one that came in the wave with the redco Backstop and the repackage of Undermine?

I thought Wreckloose was a straight repackage up until now. But I can't find any comparison videos or images. Because I have Backstop and always thought he was the lone redeco in the group.
As far as I know you're right, cheap store Wreckloose is identical to original Wreckloose.

http://tformers.com/transformers-backstop-undermine-and-wreckloose-transformers/15913/news.html

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Third-party FoC Swoop is out ahead of schedule and with surprisingly little fanfare:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLNX10002&mode=retail

I got mine on order because I can't pass up Dinobots, early reviews seem positive.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TheDK posted:

Wow that Tankor looks like rear end.
Glad it's not just me. I have the Universe version of the original mold, it may not be show-accurate, but it looks a lot better.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

This is what the vehicle mode looks like on a 60 dollar toy. For $18, I'm pleased to have a huge, ugly Optimus. For $60 I'd return this POS.

There seem to be two type of big Transformers, awesome ones like Unicron, Primus, Metroplex, and lame ones that are basically (or literally) blown up voyagers or simpler. Fortunately the kiddie and movie lines are the ones that get the simple ones. I mean not that Metroplex is all that complex, but at least he's got nice detailing. The big giant Bumblebees are just insulting.

catch22 posted:

http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Fistina

Crasher was awesome, and had one of my favorite voices. She should really be rolled into proper Transformers continuity
You're in luck, kind of: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fracture_%28Movie%29

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That reminds me, apparently all Skids are coming mis-assembled. The upper leg parts are swapped right for left, and it's easy to verify if yours is affected because they're labeled L and R. Fortunately it's just the very top part of the leg right where it connects to the hip so you can fix it without any tools, just pop the leg off the balljoint then slide the top part off the rest of the upper leg and swap it. When it's fixed Skids can move his legs forward without that center ridge hitting the hip.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yep, Skywarp's not even out in the US yet. The current wave here is Skids, Waspinator, Dreadwing, and Slightly Darker Bumblebee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So Go Prime has a huge backpack too. This figure just gets worse and worse. Looks like my earlier guess about one of his alt modes being a dragon boat rather than just a dragon was right though.