Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Will the upcoming MP bumblebee be the classic vw? If so will it only be available in Japan like the lambo molds? If its Japan only it doesn't bother me, I've bought all the other drat imported MPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
FansProject Down Force arrived today. He's a badass little yellow race car. I really want to get this Menasor finished up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

therealjon_ posted:

What issues has TFSource had in the past? I was tempted to get in on that Sideswipe, but haven't decided ... if they are a lovely place to buy from I'll just live without it.

I've never had a problem with them. I use Paypal only, and PayPal isn't charged in advance, only when the item comes into stock. I use them for 98% of my transforming robot toy purchases.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Keep an eye out at your local Targets. Found Sandstorm there today, and boy is he bad-rear end. I think I like Sandstorm more than I do Springer. Orange, yellow and black, plus huge buggy wheels is a plus in my book.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I always pay for the Takara imports because seriously gently caress TRU. I'd hate to miss out on a badass toy because they can't get poo poo right.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I now have 3 Prime Ultra Magnuses. Why are there 3 Magnuses from this line? Who knows, but I bought them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

TheDK posted:

Which one do you like the best? Feel free to make a video about which one is your favorite and why so that I can watch it on youtube.

I have the PRiD version (the upscaled cyberverse) and love/hate it so I want to get another, much better Ultra Magnus.

I like the Platinum one best for it's size and color.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Knormal posted:

Can you post a picture of the back of Platinum Magnus in truck mode without the hammer? The kibble on the Optimus version of the mold was a dealbreaker for me, I'm curious if the Magnus remold disguises it any better.

Here's a brit doing a video review thingy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOhSJ0bCGk

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not-Sunstreaker arrived today. I love this mold.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Today's gets:

IDW Bumblebee - sucks. Don't buy this thing.
IDW Megatron - Okay, not completely poo poo. Should have been a voyager.
Orion Pax - Nice little truck. Good bot mode. Not just another Optimus.
Trailcutter - Good figure. I like both modes. Could have been bigger, would have made a good casemate with Megatron.
BH Fishy Megatron - Brings me back to beast wars. It's great. Good colors, decent remold.
Beast FIre Predaking. Simple transformation, but huge wingspan. Looks good with the other dragons.

Tomorrow Metroplex should arrive from BBTS.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

GD_American posted:

Metroplex

is

awesome

gently caress yes he is.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I love this face sculpt

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I got MMC Bovis in the mail yesterday. Their Predaking is off to a great start!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Masterpiece Prowl is instock at TFsource.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Prowl has arrived

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It's smaller than a binaltech/alternator. It is in scale with recent MP's like MP10 Optimus, Soundwave and Sideswipe/Red Alert.

As far as feel goes, the MPs (aside from megatron) all feel solid to me. I can't compare it to a binaltech's feel, I only have the alternator versions.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 4, 2013

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This ugly-rear end thing is apparently a leader class Optimus from the new movie

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/nycc-2013-age-of-extinction-optimus-prime-toy-178570/

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Kibbleliciousness for only 50 bux!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Those are neat. I wasn't even aware that was a thing, BBTS hasn't ever screwed me over so I'm not in the habit of shopping around.

I guess I should be. The default cannons are nice. It's really a well-made toy. My inner 4 year old is quiet, for now.

Do Smokescreen and Bluestreak have similar extra shoulder cannons as bonuses from any place? I remember Smokescreen's shoulder cannons being pretty hefty in the cartoon.

Smokescreen has different launchers all together in just the standard release.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Got a new toy car today. As much as I like Prowl, I like Bluestreak even more. I've always liked his color scheme the best.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This turd is a Voyager. 22 dollar toy right there.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Its getting Beast Warsy in here

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I bought the big-rear end beast hunters Optimus because it's only $18 on amazon right now. Why the gently caress not.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This is what the vehicle mode looks like on a 60 dollar toy. For $18, I'm pleased to have a huge, ugly Optimus. For $60 I'd return this POS.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Revolver Bunker posted:

Does he feel heavy at all or is he mostly hollow?

It's fairly light. Most of the weight feels like it's from the weird backpack gimmick. The lower legs are hollow. The front truck bits hide in there. Transformation is very basic. It feels like one of the upscaled legends figures.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MP Smokescreen is sexy. I love all the Datsun molds, they look great together. The Lambos were great, the Datsuns are great, if they can keep the car quality up Bumblebee and Wheeljack shoud be impressive.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

TFCC Chromedome. I like it. Not enough to get a club membership, but it's neat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I picked up Armada Starscream and Scoop today at Target. They're both neat little bots, nothing groundbreaking or amazing, but I am glad to have them. I thought about getting the minicon team, but the combined mode didn't do it for me in package.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

catch22 posted:

Rhinox and Whirl are on HTS for $19.99 ea. Get $50 worth of stuff and get free shipping.

Sweet. Grabbed a Whirl and promptly cancelled by BBTS order.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

G2 Masterpiece Sideswipe is badass. Huge guns, sword, spikes and a snarl. It's perfect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I love black repaints and I love Soundwave, so I snagged a MP Soundblaster. It looks great. Ratbat is a thing of beauty.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Mastermind Creations Predacons are some of the best 3rd party figures I have. I just got Leo Dux yesterday, and drat it's great. My only complaint about the 'cons is that they are not coming out fast enough. I want to build Predaking NOW.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I had to go to 4 different stores today to find AOE stuff. Walmart, Target and KMart didn't have anything out. TRU was fully stocked and I walked away with the Dinobots. Scorn is the clean winner from the three that I grabbed.

Haven't seen any non-dinobots aside from Hound that I'm interested in. Maybe evasion OP, but I thought he looked skinny and weird.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Who wants to spend $125 on a G1 painted AOE Grimlock?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11900&mode=retail

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Picked up the TRU exclusive Strafe evolution 2-pack. AOE Strafe is a pretty sweet figure. I do have a thing for winged 'bots, so I may be biased.

For some reason, the box art has G1 Strafe, the Technobot, on it. Odd.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Looking at Scorn, Slug, Grimlock and Strafe, Slash looks like Hasbro let one of the interns design a dinobot. Boy this thing is hideous in 'bot mode.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This bad motherfucker showed up today

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Rage posted:

Goddamn that looks amazing

It does. Aside from a couple tight/scary transformation parts it is fantastic. The back leg transformation is pretty slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

RAT!

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 3, 2014