Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If you want to talk about TFs or engage in a conversation about BM that's great but if you want to passive-aggressively bleat about our disagreement(s) about what makes a good TV show, I'm politely asking you to refrain.

Awww I was just playin' I didn't mean anything by it.

Watched the newest Prime episodes today. Pepper spray is effective against Decepticons optics and some of them also watch Earth horror films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sorry I am just oversensitive from all the DW threads and their tendency to use my former username as a swear word.

Plus you have a Frank Miller avatar so I just assumed your sense of irony and humor died on 9/11.

Naww, we can still be bros. This avatar was bought for me because I guess I was being a huge dick in other BSS threads. I',m the old man of BSS now or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RaspberryCommie posted:

The only problem is that there's no way to render Press E to destroy Megatron on the toy.

He needs a bluetooth module so you can trigger him with your phone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Metroplex available for preorder on Amazon.

$125 plus free shipping with Prime is probably as good as it's gonna get. Plus it ships on August 1st, which gives you some time to save and/or see if you manage to snag an SDCC version.

gently caress it, ordered one. Even if I don't want him I can easily flip it in a year for double the price right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I would not be at all surprised. This one's going to be in demand for a while, I think.

I figure if it's anything like MP-10 (got offered $400 for mine) it will be worth buying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still kinda pissed that I never saw an MP-10 at retail, at all.

I saw three of them. Bought one, went back the next day and bought another. Two weeks later I felt stupid and returned one which ended up being incredibly stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Another Bayformers truck.

MOTORMASTER!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

Cullen is not the problem. Over-gravitas in the writing for his character is. I never thought I'd say I wanted the goofy poo poo back in TF cartoons, but cmon. Even the way he said "Good grief" in G1 was great.

Gary Chalk is a better Prime...

THERE I SAID IT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

It's much easier to self-select on the Internet and even now and again some of you fuckers here are embarrassing

Embarrassing? You never got rammed with a loving cart over a clearanced 2-pack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Hey there! "Also got hit by a shopping cart" buddy! :hfive:

Ok, whoever is in charge of putting gloss on these preview toys, KNOCK IT OFF!

Holy poo poo, it's an epidemic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WendigoJohnson posted:

It makes me wonder if the loose ones of Comic Con metroplex would be easily faked. The labels can be reproduced with the chrome finish(reprolabels has done similar styles of decals), the second gun can be acquired, and you can either use the Takara Metroplex or just apply the chrome paint to the face and thighs.

You ten take a 125 dollar toy and maybe 15 dollars worth of materials and then triple or quadruple the price of it.

I'd never buy an exclusive figure without it's packaging.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, the packaging is part of the appeal. I can't see faked SDCC Metroplexes being much of a thing, really.

I'm sure someone will try it in a few years on Ebay.

"LOST PACKAGING IN MOVE. ONE GUN ALSO MISSING. STILL SDCC EXCLUSIVE I SWEAR"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

And this guy. Jesus Christ, how does this guy not have a Waspinator-level cult following? He even has his own catchphrase!

Because everyone knows that Quickstrike is the greatest thing to ever come out of Beast Wars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Well this is probably a huge longshot but if anyone finding a MP Soundwave wants to pick another one up for me I'll happily paypal you the money very fast. :D I have a bad feeling about finding my own...

My buddy went to TRU and said a dude bought two of them and nearly got mauled on his way out of the store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Metrotitan repaint. And Japan will probably get some weird-rear end urine-colored clear plastic version or something.

Japan will get like 10 repaints. We'll probably get a reissue with the decoys and then a year later another reissue with the second gun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

The decoys will likely be the thing that separates the SDCC version from all other versions. Hasbro does not reproduce exclusives exactly for mass release, even if the difference is very minor, like the Classics BotCon Seekers' eventual retail releases.

So we'll get some crappy little guys that are badly painted then. I expect the main toy to remain unchanged until they release a 10th anniversary edition of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, they didn't do a very good job with the DeLorean, but I kind of feel obligated to buy it.

I can't believe how bad it is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do they not have a colored Motormaster yet? I need to see that thing completed before I make the call to buy it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amazon is sending out emails about how Metroplex is delayed and they have no shipping date on him now.

Goody.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No Your Other Left posted:

They've been getting an irregular trickle of them into stores here in Texas. One or occasionally two cases every week or so, but since each case only has two the things are literally selling out within five minutes of opening, so they might as well not be there.

I just came back from an errand run and my local TRU had 4 this morning. Missed it by an hour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

I know it's not really related to the TF thread and I'm a bit late to the discussion about it, but I remember a few folks talking/being excited about the Lego Delorean and someone(probably Rhyno) talking smack a couple pages ago, well it turns out the front of the box picture is just the worst possible angle for it since it really doesn't look that terrible at any other angle. For those who don't read the Lego thread, here's a review with a bunch of great pictures. I'm totally going to buy one after reading it.

I've seen numerous angles and it still looks like absolute poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Desfore posted:

I just wish Hasbro would bring headmasters/powermasters back. For some reason a tiny guy becoming part of a bigger guy really appeals to me. Same thing with combiner teams. All I can say is, good thing for third-parties... even with their enormous prices.

One of the (many) things I hated about Animated was the use of the Headmaster idea. So much potential but no, let's suck more joy out of the franchise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Ominously, Metroplex has vanished from the TRU website on the eve of his release.

And still nothing from Amazon about an actual ship date now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can afford it. Dibs. I have no PMs.

My email is Ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com

I have money in my PayPal right now!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Astrotrain was one of like three Decepticons that I owned. He was the loving greatest toy ever made.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

404GoonNotFound posted:

And he needs them to shed weight in space, because that's how cartoons work.

Shine on Astrotrain, you crazy bastard :swoon:

His inertial dampers were all hosed up from the battel, he thought that he was overloaded!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just snagged one through with "in store pick up." Said the local TRU 1 mile away has them in stock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Site to store rules

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

I have to wait so long before TRU AU sells that :(

I'm afraid to open it to be honest. Some dude offered me $50 on top of the cost in the parking lot. I thought he was gonna jump me when I said no.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh poo poo, Amazon shipped my Metroplex!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I think it is a matter of competence, because I'm not convinced there's no way to do a one-piece armor trailer that works. It's simply a matter of design, and I don't think they have people willing or able to do that level of design right now, plus they're probably not willing to devote that level of cost to one toy in the subline. Hence, City Commander is it.

It couldn't be worse than Armada Prime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WendigoJohnson posted:

But we're getting Beast Wars in this line and Megatron is a Stealth Bomber now and a Samurai Tank. I think they can have some slack if the altmode is colored properly.

Speaking of, when the hell are those BWs coming?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

So TFCC released photos of the painted prototypes for Transmutate and Protoform X but all I want to talk about is MMC's Nova Prime because holy poo poo

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-seraph-prominion-nova-prime-178183/

I didn't give a drat about Hexatron but now I need him to sell out, immediately.* Whatever it takes for this thing to get made.

*unless he already did

HOLY poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Personally I'm hoping TRU have ordered enough they start to shelfwarm a little.

I had an easier time finding Soundwave than I have a Chromecast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got me Metro after playing Marco Polo with the UPS man. This has been a very expensive month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

3 close calls so far :(

Gun-Megatron is staying in that hand from now on as far as I'm concerned

Welp, never opening mine now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

This is a guarantee. I know its coming, and yet, I'm completely okay with it. Also MP Blaster.

MP Blaster is going to be one fucker of a retool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

It's pretty silly and utterly unnecessary but it still doesn't top "hey how 'bout we all make Predakings"

It's going to be even better when a year from now Hasbro announces the return of Beast Wars and makes yet another Predaking combiner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

What do you guys think about Platinum Omega Supreme by the way? I've never handled any version of the mold and it looks kinda cool. The train half is a bit lame but I think the battleship is pretty awesome. I love the deco and remolded head.

I loved the original and regretted selling it so when they announced the new one I was pretty stoked. My buddy got it and up close I didn't care for the changes to the mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

So that was disappointing. I walk into TRU at 10am, wander to the TFs, there's only 2 Acid Storms on the shelf, so I wander to guest services to ask if they have Soundwave and there's 2 behind her on the shelf. I ask for one, expecting them to be reserved, but she just rings me up!

So anticlimactic. What am I going to do with the rest of my stay? :( on the plus side, MP Soundwave with no hassle!

Has your mental picture of America been utterly shattered by the ease of which you attained your Soundwave?