Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I haven't purchased a Transformer since the US Masterpiece Rodimus release (I pretty much only get Masterpiece releases) but that Metroplex is mighty tempting. The Beast Wars toys look nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Rage posted:

When Prime went up I want to say it was like, 6AM EST, cause I had to have one of my buddies call me at 3AM to wake my rear end up to jump on the site and order it. So I'd say Check at midnight EST, midnight PST, then 6AM EST and finally 6AM PST. Or just keep watching this thread, cause I'm sure once it goes up I'll freak out and post about it.

edit: Here's the desktop site links

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038406

How fast do they usually sell out?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

You Am I posted:

Seriously, people paid $160 for MP12? I got mine for $79, but was very disappointed in the quality of it (miscoloured plastics mainly)

Why is Lambor more expensive than the upcoming Masterpiece cars (Bluestreak, Prowl, and Smokescreen)? They were available for $50 on HLJ a while ago.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Keldroc posted:

And they're gone.

:sigh: When everybody's local TRU gets them, can everybody post about it here? Guess I'll try and get one locally. I haven't struck out in the past when it comes to Masterpiece releases.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Blackheart posted:

MP Soundwave apparently has hit retail, if anyone's interested. Grab your guns.

...in California. Give it a week before it hits the other areas of the country.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Local Toys R Us in Michigan is already out of stock of MP Soundwave, the lady said they should be getting more, probably on Saturday.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

Michigan? poo poo. I wasn't expecting to hound for another week, and I'm in Missouri. Time to make some phone calls I suppose.

Edit: trucks have already arrived and sold out, apparently. Shitaroo.

I was surprised too. Apparently they hit yesterday almost everywhere.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Having my car in the shop for repairs is really putting a damper on my MP Soundwave hunting. Apparently a Toys R Us about 40 minutes away is going to have them tomorrow. :sigh:

At least it seems to be coming in waves.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I lucked out today - got my car back from the collision shop and decided to run into Toys R Us before I left town for the weekend. Sitting right there was 2 Acid Storms and a Soundwave. The employee said they got around 8 boxes of it this morning.

Check your Toys R Us folks! I plan on checking another store while I'm out of town tomorrow.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Edit: MP Soundwaves are gone! If I come across any more locally, I'll make sure to snatch them up for my fellow goons.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 5, 2013

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody happen to have a Masterpiece Thundercracker for sale? It's the one seeker I missed and the eBay price is already creeping past $100. How much was it at retail?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

GD_American posted:

I'm genuinely happy there's such a high demand for MP Soundwave. Hopefully Hasbro is paying attention when it comes to future MP releases.

Can't wait for ~$40 Masterpiece cars.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there a resource where I can see all the 3rd party "transformers" that have been made? Predaking and Devastator sound awesome.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has anybody had any luck finding MP Soundwave at a Toys R Us location that lists it as "out of stock" on the website? I ended up selling the two to goons at cost and I want to use this 15% off coupon before it expires.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Artist Tom Whalen will be having a timed release for his Transformers The Movie print. I think it's pretty snazzy:

http://www.acidfreegallery.com/transformers-the-movie-by-tom-whalen/

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Keldroc posted:

Remember the days when you couldn't get Alternators Swerve for less than $100? The times they are a-changin'.

I had a bunch of MISB Alternators in a box in storage and I'm pretty sure it was thrown away when we cleaned out our garage a few years ago. Sometimes I'll look through my parent's garage/attic/shed in hopes of coming across it. I still hate myself for that. :doh:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

SpikeMcclane posted:

This is probably woth dealing with phone typing. I'd probably leave him in alt mode permenantly.

Is there anywhere I can preorder this while it's still reasonably priced?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has the new Rhinox toy come and gone?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Hasui's been posting pics of Wheeljack on his Twitter, which naturally lead to someone doing the following PS job:

He's up to order on HJL, AmiAmi, etc.

Wow, HLJ's order process is really easy - you don't even have to enter billing info until the item is in stock. This is bad for my wallet.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Other posted:

Looks like BBTS got the next wave of Generation Deluxes and Whirl in stock. Still no sign of Swerve and Cosmos preorders though

Does this mean Rhinox will hit shelves soon? The hunt begins. :dance:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Got my "bootleg" Lambor and Alert, and they look pretty drat official to me, at least the boxes do, going to take them out shortly. Is there a comparison shot of the "real" box with these "bootleg" boxes?

Which seller did you go through? I've contemplated ordering some of the more cheaper offerings on eBay but I'm still holding out that Hasbro will release them stateside for $20-$30 each.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What version of Megatron is that? It looks way better than my Masterpiece Megatron.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Ka0 posted:

That Jetfire wants to get on my must-buy list. It's tempting. But I already have Henkei Skyfire and Blackfire. MP Grimlock re-released is a smart move, what with the movie tie-in of course. And Tailgate omg.

I sincerely feel bad for die-hard collectors. Masterpiece OP is, to put briefly, the best transformer toy I've ever seen. I've tried for hours to find something not positive to say about it and all I've come up is "his thumbs don't move". It's as if over 30 years of toy engineering have led to this. Everything about it is spot on. Diecast matrix, firm joints, expressive headsculpt; the best way to describe this thing is that someone watched the old cartoons and made a super-poseable statue of him.
Only it also transforms.

Please, tell me more about how awesome he is. Nevermind the fact that I missed out on him.

At least I have the original Masterpiece Prime.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

So... with toyfair being over, and no mention of Masterpiece cars, that means I should probably give in and just order the cheaper knockoffs on eBay, right?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

So I completely forgot that I preordered the Masterpiece Optimus Prime Year of the Horse Edition and while I haven't opened it, it really just makes me wish I had the original version.

Why can't you just release the normal color version, Hasbro? :argh:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

At this point in time, is it even worth trying to get the older legit Masterpiece cars on eBay? I'd rather buy the cheapest ones and and know they're knockoffs instead of dropping $100+ and being sent a knockoff.

I've been really proactive about preordering on HLJ for any new releases (2x Wheeljack and 2x Bumblebee :dance:). I really wish I had preordered the older cars when they came out for < $50 each.

Here's some knockoffs I've came across on eBay that seem pretty decent:

Bluestreak:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transfo...=item2336e510f8

Smokescreen:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-takara-...=item258a8efe04

Sideswipe:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-12-s-39-90-/161238414522?_trksid=p2047675.l4066

Red Alert:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Transfo...e512ea#shpCntId

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I rather have the real deal when it comes to MPs, but I don't want to spend money on a MP Soundblaster just to get Ratbat. If they make a KO, I'll definitely go that route. Maybe they could pack him in with Enemy or something.

I wish I had gotten that 3rd party MP Shockwave before he got expensive as hell.

That's one of the reasons I'm really contemplating getting Not-Slag. I really doubt Takara will do Slag in the near future. We've got Ultra Magnus, Star Saber, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper coming out sooner or later. I'm convinced they'll do another version of Megatron or the coneheads as well.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

$121 on Anime Export http://www.anime-export.com/product/19423

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Whatever happened to the "improved" KO MP-10 that was supposed to be released?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Not sure how kosher this is but I'm selling a Masterpiece Skywarp that's sealed over at SA Mart. $100 shipped.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658400

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Are Alternators not worth anything on the secondary market anymore? I'm unloading a bunch of them on eBay and they nobody is really bidding on them. If anybody is interested, the auctions end tomorrow: http://www.ebay.com/sch/beerstapsandmore/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

It’s super annoying they’ve re-released the Blaster mold like 3x but they haven’t gotten around to releasing Soundwave again.

I did manage to track down an Origins Wheeljack locally and SS86 Blaster from Target.com at least.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

But will we actually see it on shelves, or will it be like SS Snarl and Ultra Magnus, who I never even found in my area?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Any idea if the AliExpress vendors selling Generations Jetfire and SS86 Ultra Magnus in their Hasbro packaging are legit? They’re still more expensive than msrp, but not quite eBay prices - they’re pretty tempting.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Went Neca Haul-a-Thon hunting at Target and came up short, but I did find a Snarl, and right now all Transformers are 30% off :dance:

They also had tons of Blasters, Wheeljacks, Dreadwing, and some of the latest Starscreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Oh yes, I need another version of that Scorponok