Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
"If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are."

gently caress cats, dogs own. Now let's move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You know what's really Voyager? Furman's IDW run. And Spotlight: Arcee was Threshold. Embarrassing misunderstanding of genetics, attempts at being edgy, and ends up being so stupid that everyone wants to forget it. Yes, I personally think that the plot of Spotlight Arcee is really as dumb as evolving into salamanders.

...wait what's this about evolving into salamanders?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

What does the bike look like without the spiderthing?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Desfore posted:

Holy poo poo. I love motorcycle transformers, and the spider aesthetic looks sick. I'm not great with TF characters, so is this guy a returning bot or a new character completely?

That is a third-party version of Blackarachnia, who you may remember from Beast Wars (if you saw it, I guess), although it looks more like her Animated incarnation. I don't know who's making it or what they're calling it but it'll probably be pricey but yes, I agree, it looks sweet as hell.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Separate parts as in what? Like lots of cool accessories, or it's a partsformer to get it to go from motorcycle to 'bot?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I remember growing up and having electronic toys with like 2, MAYBE 3 sound clip, tops.

Metroplex has loving thirteen. :stare:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime." is the only one I need though. :allears:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Keldroc posted:

As I'd hoped and sort of expected, Hasbro is finally remembering Beast Wars.

Good stuff.

Literally my reaction upon seeing these images just now:

Edit:
They scaled up the Terrorcons but they can't combine?! Oh and no new joints or whatever, so they're just as posable as their half-sized cousins? Eugh.
Jesus Christ they're upscaling all the legends or whatever, what the gently caress possessed them to do this

Edit Edit: Huh. I didn't notice Rhinox was a Voyager. That's even better.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 30, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Optimist Prime posted:

(This is the appropriate reaction right? Or am I thinking of that other CHUG two-pack with the terrible Prime and Megs?)

You are thinking of the two-pack one. Well, maybe. You could ALSO hate the Prime one!
This is how he looks.

I...actually kind of like it. Huh.

....there's also this though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Stupid poll. We're never going to get the grumpy Decepticon beastformer with a sword that we deserve.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I didn't even know it existed. How old is it? I want one but it's probably one of those super expensive ones.

It's a recolor of the iGear Minibot UFO.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

therealjon_ posted:

There's an official one coming later this year if you don't like 3P, just in the green/red color way.

Plus he comes with a little gunbuddy.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Lepecard posted:

I would love to see this happen!

You're in luck!!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The knight design for the new ladyplanebot looked better. :saddowns:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Optimist Prime posted:

So I've been rewatching Beast Wars on Netflix (currently on the Rampage debut in Season Two). Having not watched any other series (not even G1 :blush: ) I'm just looking for proper confirmation that:

1) The BW Season 2 Predacons are the greatest faction/alliance/whatever in Transformers history
2) Tarantulas is the greatest, period, and should have his own wing in the TF Hall of Fame
3) The Tarantulas/Blackarachnia arc in Seasons 1 & 2 - Tarantulas is basically a goon who makes himself a girlfriend and tries to control her remotely - is (again, just guessing here) the only really tactful exploration of female agency and identity in the entirety of TF fiction

Seriously, how did no one remind me how amazing Tarantulas is, I haven't watched most of these since I was 8 and the most vivid memory I had from the Predacon side is Waspinator's Flight of the Bumblebee music. (Waspinator is still great BTW)

I can confirm all three. Beast Wars owns, Tarantulas owns.

(Inferno is still the best though.)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Crimson Dragoon posted:

Man, Inferno was such a boss. His huge-rear end flamethrower gun was one of the coolest things ever when I was a kid.

Also, him calling Megatron his queen still amuses me to this day.

He also had the best voice.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

TFCon people, if you are interested in any of these items let me know today because I will be packing this evening:

*Botcon Clench
*Botcon Streetwise
*Botcon Sky-byte
*Universe Hardheard w/ Headrobots add-on kit
*Alternity Starscream
*Alternity Black Megatron
*THS 02 Convoy

How much would Hardhead and the Headrobot stuff be, out of curiousity?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Blackheart posted:

MP Soundwave apparently has hit retail, if anyone's interested. Grab your guns.

What wait seriously? Oh gently caress. Fuuuck.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Well this is probably a huge longshot but if anyone finding a MP Soundwave wants to pick another one up for me I'll happily paypal you the money very fast. :D I have a bad feeling about finding my own...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Weirdwolf looks so good, and Mindwipe looks scary as hell. We just need Skullcruncher, now! C'mon someone!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I saw Trailcutter at Target and passed him up. Am I a dummy?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

strangehamster posted:

It's okay to prefer Hoist, I wish my Target had anything at all on the pegs.

I didn't even remember they were making a Hoist from the same mold. Huh! The crane to weapon owns, but I think I like Trailcutter more of the two.

My Target really didn't have a lot there. It was some FOC Jazz/Shockwaves and two Trailcutters.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Proof that I'd be a horrible scalper: Only picked up one MP Soundwave for a friend when it looked like they had at least 3 or 4 in stock. I didn't even come back later and see if a different person was at the counter or anything.

drat yous, functioning senses of guilt and shame!

Go back and hook a goon up!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

It's just out for me, no in. :I

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Grab the pitchforks, lads!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Bahhh, the Toys R Us near me got a shipment in but they sold out. I knew I should have just gone first thing.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

I was there when it opened. I'm sorry but they were gone within like an hour from what I heard.

I got to mine about 30 minutes after it opened and they were sold out. I'm glad I didn't leave right away though. As I was wondering around I spotted one behind one of the counters and bought it. Apparently no one wanted that one because the box was a bit banged up.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

That probably explains why Sandstorm looks better.

I'm not alone in thinking that, right? I mean I don't really have any connection to Sandstorm the character, but the figure looks better to my eyes than Springer. And one day I will buy them both. :I

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Forget Soundwave, show off more of Sharkitron.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Wait there's four Predakings now?!

Okay I just had a great idea. What if all the different companies making Predakings were talking to each other and designing with each other, and then another company joins in? All five Predakings can combine, each one becoming a limb, with the biggest becoming the body.
Predemperor. :getin:

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 26, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

Has any combiner made sense scale-wise?

Pirahnacon, Abominus, Predaking. :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Keldroc posted:

They're out of the realm of possibility because Hasbro has pretty much said multiple times they won't make any, ever. The reasoning here is that if kids lose the little robot, the entire toy is useless because it has no head. This is why we have seen Targetmasters but not Headmasters in the CHUG line. It's not a "OMG HASBRO IGNORES HEADMASTERS" thing, it's a very understandable policy regarding essential small pieces that are easily lost. We might see Headmaster characters, but they won't have detachable heads that turn into little robots.

The Function X figures are $60-70, plus shipping which will vary based on your location.

That's also why any future combiners are going to be like WFC Bruticus and Prime Abominus. Weep for the future!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

catch22 posted:

A new Optimus Prime triple changer was announced that turns into a bot, a train, and a dragon.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah but it apparently follows the design guidelines of the GO combiners

How to go from 'Excited' to 'Disappointed' in two easy steps!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Well hell.

Spoonerisms in Disguise. :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Keldroc posted:

itshappening.gif

I cannot properly express how glad I am to see this trend developing.

Oh my godddd. His forearms look like they open up. Maybe he'll come with sticky bombs!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Imgur is down. Hopefully these work!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't care about masterpiece guys because they're too expensive.

I don't care about any of the Masterpiece guys coming out lately because they're all dumb boring cars. :argh:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Knormal posted:

So Go Prime has a huge backpack too. This figure just gets worse and worse. Looks like my earlier guess about one of his alt modes being a dragon boat rather than just a dragon was right though.

Optimus "Buster sword on a stick" Prime.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Guys! There was a new Thew video and no-one said anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?L2ScPN5-XEc

That's because it doesn't exist. :tinfoil:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

HiriseSoftware posted:

There's no poutine, but I suggest Lou Malnati's for authentic Chicago pizza and Portillo's

Don't listen to this guy. You can safely skip Chicago 'pizza'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Wonderful news. My Quadruple U's shoulder joints broke. I didn't even force them or anything. Luckily I still have dual-epoxy chemical welding compound, I'll try to fix them tomorrow, I'm pretty beat up at the moment.

That's not wonderful news at all! Is that...common? :gonk: I was going to order myself QuadU sometime next week.