Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Zaodai posted:

Archonex, you mentioned cooperatively attacking an NPC town along side someone elses army. How does that work?

I'm not really in a position to do so (I'm a bumbling newbie and I lost a shitload of guys fighting an orc camp for a quest), but a couple of my friends have a significantly better start and would probably be fine attacking a small NPC town if they could team up.

Actually just got done with one of them. You start them by going to one of the cities on the map and entering it. From there you go to the diplomacy section with the city, and choose to declare war on it.

This is part of the whole "territory control" mechanics, which Siegeworks is apparently expanding on so that players can control swathes of the map somehow. This is going off of the announcement of the content update that I put in the OP. Currently though it lets you get into a variably difficult siege against the AI and a friend. You can choose to invite a random person in the region near your army strength, or you can choose to type a name in in the matchmaking screen if you want to invite a friend. Each city has its own unique layout, and rewards are pretty high for beating the later ones. I got over 12K gold just for taking out Westerdale, which is probably lower on the difficulty scale of cities available to fight.

Co-op fights are harder than solo fights, and the AI gets a lot stronger in terms of units it has and (apparently, from that last fight I was in) intelligence. The upside to that is that they do appear to give more loot and resources. And two players that know what they're doing can work a lot faster at grinding down defenses than one guy with a few siege. Especially since siege takes up a slot, which means that both can bring their own.

Case in point, the Westerdale siege I just got out of, which I was typing up as an edit to my last post. I'll just post the stuff showing off the PVE content here instead though. It also shows off the weather effects, and what a town/seaside region looks like during the winter.

Anyways, I just had an entertaining siege of one of the new cities while farming crowns and gold. After a lucky cavalry charge by the AI destroyed my cannon, I crafted more siege from the camp on the battlefield and broke inside through the north gate. As I was going through the tenements to meet up with my ally the AI sent in swordsmen to blockade the tenements, then freaking torched the place while my army was trying inside of them trying to fight past the troops there. This served to cut me off from my ally and made it impossible to advance until the entire north half of the town had burnt down.

This would have worked great at splitting us up and giving it a shot at a few free kills. Too bad my (disturbingly bloodthirsty) pubbie ally brought literally nothing but heavily armored mounted knights to the fight though, so it couldn't pull that trick on him. Most of those last few screenshots are what happens when eighty mounted knights decide to charge through a pre-inferno city fire all at once so they can reinforce the ground troops attacking the AI commander. That last image is what happens when they cluster up so heavily to hack the commander to pieces that they end up clipping into each other. Needless to say, the AI commander didn't make it. :v:

And a post victory screenshot showing us hunting down and executing the survivors in the burned out ruins so our peasants could loot their corpses what the town looked like by the time we were done wrecking it. :black101:

Also, here's a comparative pic showing how badly fire can wreck a lightly populated (yet still somewhat cramped) town if left to roam unchecked. This is what it looked like at the start of the siege, before the AI resorted to burning its own homes to keep us back once the walls fell. Westerdale is also worth sieging at least once since it features the (highly flammable) first boats i've seen in the game. They're huge, look like they're made to haul entire armies when used in a fleet, and are apparently part of the upcoming naval warfare/piracy/naval colonization content update.

Suffice to say that PVE sieges are :black101: as hell.

@Extra: Yeah, it needs to be within a certain range. However it's not that hard to finesse it once you have a few people set up, and a high level force can split itself up pretty easily to team with lower level players that use swarm tactics.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
An important note, if you are receiving or giving resources make sure you/your recipient is in their main town, or it will give the resources to their army which causes all sorts of problems.

AfroSquirrel posted:

I don't think I saw it mentioned in the thread, but how many characters/towns can you have per account?

Four, each town can be of any race you like.

Archonex posted:

Actually just got done with one of them. You start them by going to one of the cities on the map and entering it. From there you go to the diplomacy section with the city, and choose to declare war on it.

I believe the army score of the army you're teaming up with has to be within 10% of your own as well. Otherwise you will get the "The player you invited doesn't have a suitable army available" error.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 26, 2013

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
In as JuniorWarden and learning the ropes so far. Bit janky here and there but completely expected that as described in the OP.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

Because I'm apparently all about making Steam groups and never moderating them: A Steam Group.

Can we stick this in the OP and give moderator status to Archonex and Extra? Would be cool to set poo poo up in chat and just waltz around spreading the word of the fire lords around.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Scyantific posted:

Can we stick this in the OP and give moderator status to Archonex and Extra? Would be cool to set poo poo up in chat and just waltz around spreading the word of the fire lords around.

I added it to the OP at the top.

Also, if I missed adding your name to the OP just message me or let me know in here. I think I got everyone on the first page. Until Extra gets the alliance up, out of game coordination/friending people in the lists in game is probably the easiest way to go about meeting up.

On that note, I vote for Dawn of Goons. Or Dawn of the Goons. The Mongoonian Horde is good too, if only for how much this game encourages you to burn poo poo down when fighting your enemies.

Edit: Also, big update. I just checked my email, and apparently four people used me as a referrer. Which means I have four bonus codes to hand out. I don't really need them, unless we're going to use them to fund the guild's creation. So they're up for grabs for anyone who wants them.

Each code gives 120 crowns and an ice dragon. Which is enough to give any newbie a huge edge up in the early game. The crowns will allow you to buy the best dragon/a poo poo-ton of hero units/research a ton of upgrades and unlocks. And if you wait for cash shop items you want to show up in the daily sale tab, you'll be able to get a ridiculous number of hero units and other boosts.

Also, ice dragons are currently the only unit in the game to use cold damage. Cold damage is a damage type that currently no unit has any mitigation too. This should make them excellent hero slayers, since every hit with ice wall causes 100% damage. It may also have other special properties too given that flames tend to cause immense city devouring fires. Testing is needed on that front. Ice dragons also cannot be obtained at all at the moment outside of the referral program or a special developer giveaway.

If you want one of these codes, PM me and we'll see if the game lets you use them. I'll hand more out as I get them available.

quote:

I would advise against buying crowns for real money at the moment. I just had 700+ crowns magically disappear from my inventory out of nowhere. Emailing support about it so at least hopefully they can restore them.

That's a bug I read about on the forums. They should restore them if you send in a ticket. Worse comes to worse i've found some easily defeatable NPC cities that will let you farm them up really easily. Though it's not really a good idea to buy crowns at all at the moment due to how easy they are to get. It's very easy to get crowns just for playing the game. It isn't like Stronghold, where they force you to buy cash shop items to compete equally with other players.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 26, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I would advise against buying crowns for real money at the moment. I just had 700+ crowns magically disappear from my inventory out of nowhere. Emailing support about it so at least hopefully they can restore them. Archonex if you just want to use those codes to farm crowns to form the Alliance that would probably be useful.

e: Got my crowns restored in a couple of hours :D by the community manager. If it ever happens to you send an email to support@reverieworld.com and attach the 5 log.txt files in your Dawn of Fantasy directory.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 26, 2013

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Tulip posted:

Goons & Glory isn't bad, but why not Mongoonian Horde?

I like both of these.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

The alliance is up. Extra used his crowns to make it. Apparently the name is Dawn of Goons, with the alliance tag being [DoG].

In other news, the current pop cap is five people until we expand the guild level. :stonk:

Thankfully the price for it is pretty low at the moment. Just need Extra to figure out how to grant ranks and I can use one of these codes to increase it so we can get more people into the alliance.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 26, 2013

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Loving in the stories in the griefing thread and I'm in as Quotable. Got a couple of newbie questions:

How long does the 'tutorial' go for?
How do I apply the codes I got for buying it on their website (I've tried putting the codes in steam but I don't think they're suppose to go there and there doesn't seem like an option to put codes in game).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

Loving in the stories in the griefing thread and I'm in as Quotable. Got a couple of newbie questions:

How do I apply the codes I got for buying it on their website (I've tried putting the codes in steam but I don't think they're suppose to go there and there doesn't seem like an option to put codes in game).

I think that one goes in the Key entry when you register an account in-game.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kegslayer posted:

If it's a 10 digit code while you're in your main town click the market icon then click redeem code then enter the 10 digit code.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Extra posted:

If it's a 10 digit code while you're in your main town click the market icon then click redeem code then enter the 10 digit code.

This is correct. I did this, and I am now the proud owner of an ice dragon and a bunch of pissed off inebriated dwarves. Time to take small baby steps whilst pushing peoples poo poo in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
That post full of screenshots looks so delicious. I'm going to end up buying this one next month. I really hope the mass unit movement issue is fixed by then. Anyone playing orcs? Can we get a battlelog and screen shots of them relentlessly swarming some poor pubbie in action? :tipshat:

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any suggested army size / composition for babbys first assault against a NPC town? I read that the most easternly human town is a good bet (or was it the east port?)

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So I farmed up enough crowns to expand the Alliance cap from 5 to 10 members (thank goodness because we hit cap pretty quick), and I'll probably be farming lots more so we can have a nice big Alliance.

Innerguard posted:

Any suggested army size / composition for babbys first assault against a NPC town? I read that the most easternly human town is a good bet (or was it the east port?)

Westerdale is the port that's a good starting siege. Bring an army of around 350 points if you can. NPC Sieges are big fat battles of attrition. Bring your hero or some knights along to heal or give your units restoration (heal over time) upgrades. You want to be able to bring your units into battle, hurt the enemy, then retreat from battle and heal up. Bring lots and lots of trebuchets or cannons and lots of stone to make sure you don't run out of ammunition. It's far more efficient to use trebuchets to knock down walls than try to snipe enemies off walls with archers due to the way archer line of sight works in DoF. Be careful with your trebuchets and make sure they're out of range of archers. Take down the castle piece by piece, keep your trebuchets at the maximum possible range from enemy trebuchets or archers.

Also I like to split my army into command groups of 4 (not including heroes or single units like ogres or trebuchets) because it makes my units far more responsive and more precise in positioning.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 26, 2013

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Extra posted:

Westerdale is the port that's a good starting siege. Bring an army of around 350 points if you can. NPC Sieges are big fat battles of attrition. Bring your hero or some knights along to heal or give your units restoration (heal over time) upgrades. You want to be able to bring your units into battle, hurt the enemy, then retreat from battle and heal up. Bring lots and lots of trebuchets or cannons and lots of stone to make sure you don't run out of ammunition. It's far more efficient to use trebuchets to knock down walls than try to snipe enemies off walls with archers due to the way archer line of sight works in DoF.

Also split my army into command groups of 4 (not including heroes or single units like ogres or trebuchets) because it makes my units far more responsive and more precise in positioning.

350 points? Jesus tapdancing christ. Anything a little less beefy I should be aiming for? Army is around about 50 points at the minute. I went into 'The Wold' and that seems to be methodical - slow, but methodical. Bit of a hard time telling the difference between 'baddies who will go for me when I get close / outlaws' and 'dudes who you can buy'

Also, I see the alliance is full already. Need help expanding it for more goons?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If anyone needs resources please let me know in game. I'll be happy to send them your way. Bear in mind you need to be in your Home City screen and you need to tell me how many resources slots you have available (For example if your resource cap is 10,500/20,000 you have 9,500 resource slots open). Otherwise the resources are destroyed immediately. You can also bug me if you forgot to bring stone to a battle for your siege units and I can quickly wire them to you while you're in the battle.

Innerguard posted:

350 points? Jesus tapdancing christ. Anything a little less beefy I should be aiming for? Army is around about 50 points at the minute. I went into 'The Wold' and that seems to be methodical - slow, but methodical. Bit of a hard time telling the difference between 'baddies who will go for me when I get close / outlaws' and 'dudes who you can buy'

Also, I see the alliance is full already. Need help expanding it for more goons?

Are you upgrading your buildings? Every time you upgrade a building level it will produce units of that level up to level 5. It's not horribly hard to fill up a 350 point army with level 5 units. Also there's no way to trade crowns currently so more or less I need to just farm crowns doing co-op missions all day long.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 26, 2013

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Extra posted:

Also there's no way to trade crowns currently so more or less I need to just farm crowns doing co-op missions all day long.

That's some goddamn nonsense. I understand why they'd want a 'bound' currency but at least let members of an alliance chip in for alliance-wide bonuses.

(BTW i do want to get in on this but that's not happening until i get my first draft of my thesis done in the next week or two)

Linco
Apr 1, 2004
In as Linco

Archonex
May 2, 2012

If you need gold or food, let me know. My starting region pretty much shits it out, and I regularly do sieges that give me 12K gold (and 5K or more wood too) just for not looting any of the corpses.

On another note, how should we handle the crown farming for boosting the guild? I ask because I have a number of referral codes that we could use for that purpose, if people wanted. I could use them to quickly remake and then upgrade the guild to hold more people, if Extra doesn't want to mass farm crowns for upgrades or Reverie doesn't want to change guild leadership (So far, it sounds like only the guild leader can do upgrades like that?). Alternatively I can just give him a few codes to help him upgrade the guild.

Edit: And if you think 350 points is bad, you should see some of my armies. 850 points is the smallest army size I field at the moment. I've won so many battles/taken so few losses that most of my currently fielded units are level 10+ and the game gave me the title "Archonex the Invincible" due to them. :unsmigghh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 26, 2013

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

If you need gold or food, let me know. My starting region pretty much shits it out, and I regularly do sieges that give me 12K gold (and 5K or more wood too) just for not looting any of the corpses.

On another note, how should we handle the crown farming for boosting the guild? I ask because I have a number of referral codes that we could use for that purpose, if people wanted. I could use them to quickly remake and then upgrade the guild to hold more people, if Extra doesn't want to mass farm crowns for upgrades or Reverie doesn't want to change guild leadership (So far, it sounds like only the guild leader can do upgrades like that?). Alternatively I can just give him a few codes to help him upgrade the guild.

Edit: And if you think 350 points is bad, you should see some of my armies. 850 points is the smallest army size I field at the moment. I've won so many battles/taken so few losses that most of my currently fielded units are level 10+ and I have the title "Archonex the Invincible" due to them. :unsmigghh:

Awesome, wouldn't mind a little gold but Extra has been helping out with stuff, so there may be other goons more in need. As for the referral codes, wouldn't say no to one (PM'd you) but if it is better to use for the alliance, well. The greater good and all that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Innerguard posted:

Awesome, wouldn't mind a little gold but Extra has been helping out with stuff, so there may be other goons more in need. As for the referral codes, wouldn't say no to one (PM'd you) but if it is better to use for the alliance, well. The greater good and all that.

I guess it's really up to Extra. If Reverie Worlds can't change leadership if he has to quit in the future or he doesn't want to spend the time farming it, it might be better to remake it and just let me dump a poo poo-ton of crowns into the system via referral codes. I can't imagine that the devs wouldn't let you change the leadership of the guild in a case like that, though, so we should be good.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I've figured out how to farm co-op sieges pretty quickly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting a larger alliance size. If I ever do quit I'll just hand my account over to Archo or whoever is active.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Extra posted:

I've figured out how to farm co-op sieges pretty quickly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting a larger alliance size. If I ever do quit I'll just hand my account over to Archo or whoever is active.

Rightio, handing out the codes then.

Edit: Sent out a code to everyone who had sent a message to me through PM's. If you don't have private messaging, you can also just leave a request here and i'll pass a code along. I've currently got four left. Try and use PM's though if you have them, so we don't clutter up the topic.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 26, 2013

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In as Dilbereth. What's the recommended amount of impalers and marauders I should have before ogre farming?

BuzzW
Jul 30, 2006

I'm in as BuzzW. This game seems ugly and pretty at the same time, its hard to describe.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BuzzW posted:

I'm in as BuzzW. This game seems ugly and pretty at the same time, its hard to describe.

That's been bothering me and I can't really explain it either. The textures seem... fuzzy? Compacted? It's hard to describe but I think I've mostly gotten over it.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Just had a fun siege. I left my army in place and sent out my dragon to burn his stuff, since I couldn't actually win the siege.

He sent these guys after me:

All I had was archers for burning, so I set up enfilades. The corpses are from an earlier wave slightly smaller than this one:

All of his melee guys are dead:

Hooray! Only lost 2 units of archers:

I think he was angry :(

quote:

[Battle]WindSong: you not gonna win
:allears:

This game can be great fun but it's also really buggy - I got no resources for winning this siege.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

So what reason would I have to not fill every slot in my army with ogres? Can they not do certain things you need not-ogres for? The game is a bit opaque, but my ogres are easy to keep alive and really powerful, and it just seems like I have no reason to make other units at all really aside from economic stuff. Oh, and in as Valravn.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So there's a player called Syruss20 that has sent up a bunch of Royal Dragon armies at various point values and spam challenges them all. If you don't accept the challenge he gets a 100% payout of your resources on your army. If you don't have any resources the game will pick from some of the most elite and best units you have and force you to sacrifice them or fight Syruss20 and get slaughtered. The reason you get slaughtered is he has figured out a way to move his dragons within extremely close range of your units while you're still in the loading screen for the battle. Maybe some smart goon can harness this power but for now it's making doing co-op and PvP when he's online virtually impossible.

e: Evidently this has to do with the game not waiting for both players to load in to start the battle. If you can manage to load in very fast your opponent will be completely caught with their pants down. Goons with very fast computers (especially with SSDs) and connections can probably take advantage of this aspect of the game to great effect.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 26, 2013

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lassitude posted:

So what reason would I have to not fill every slot in my army with ogres? Can they not do certain things you need not-ogres for? The game is a bit opaque, but my ogres are easy to keep alive and really powerful, and it just seems like I have no reason to make other units at all really aside from economic stuff. Oh, and in as Valravn.

Well, I don't think Ogres can loot so you'd be missing out on getting poo poo from your kills. Also, since they are "large" units, they would be susceptible to anti-cavalry/large unit forces, like Halberdiers.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
I tried an all-ogre army. The most you can get in one army is 50, and when I tried a siege with them (ranging in levels from 1-10) they got completely stomped. They're good with just a few but not viable as an army by themselves.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Getting in on this as Shalhavet with the good city WAAAAAAGH.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
In as Jerkjerk time to eat some people as orcs :black101:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Remember to not have your game crash mid-battle because it will still take a bunch of your units and money as a payout, just a friendly reminder.

The Alliance is full again, I will be able to afford another expansion in the near future. If some goons with decent connections want to do co-operative missions that makes farming about 2x faster plus you also get crowns and fat loot! Really excited to see all the goon interest in this strange, clunky, and sometimes unforgiving online RTS mishmash.

It also seems the resources per minute counter likes to bug itself out:

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 27, 2013

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
In as HuoShengdi and my town in the Wold, Xianyang. Look forward to fighting alongside you guys with my oddly pale-skinned soldiers :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is it uncommon for connections to be timing out when logging in? Apparently I was able to create my account, but I haven't been able to log in since then

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Alliance has been expanded once again, so bother me in-game if anyone still need an invite. It seems in-game chat can be a bit wonky so launching the game via steam and using the steam group chat in the overlay might be recommended.

Here's a handy dandy picture guide on how to do cooperative NPC town sieges.

The following requirements must be met before engaging in a cooperative siege:
1.) Both players have an army score within 10% of each other.
2.) Both players have their armies in the same game region on the world map.
3.) The player being invited has PvP protection off. The player sending out the invite can have PvP protection on.

If you are still getting the error "The player you invited doesn't have a suitable army available", then try logging out and back in. That should fix the issue.

What army should I bring to a siege?
These aren't hard and fast rules but general suggestions. Feel free to try different strategies until you find one you like the best. Take at least 350 points with you for the basic sieges (Dintalla, Westerdale, Doredale, etc.). The more long range siege units you have with you, the better. My staple for easier sieges is 10 trebuchets. Make sure to also bring about 1000 stone (or more for harder sieges) for siege weapon ammunition. Use siege weapons to break the walls archers are sitting on, create new openings in walls to gain access to inner areas, and snipe enemy defensive artillery. Also bring a reserve force to guard your siege weapons as enemy units spawn 20 minutes into that siege that will often target your siege weapons. I personally use a big ball of cheap level 5 archers with full damage upgrades since the enemy reinforcements are almost always squishy cavalry. Marauders or rangers with damage upgrades would probably achieve the same effect. For the bread and butter NPC and boss slaying units your best bet is heavily resistance upgraded melee units in their most resistant formation. Orcs have Berserkers, humans have Knights, elves have Sentries, but Grand Masters can heal. Getting these units to roughly level 10 and stacking Fortitude (Slash Resistance), Agility (Pierce Resistance), and Restoration (Health Over Time), will make them a gigantic wall of unstoppable siege units. These tanks also draw artillery fire so you can use your siege units without fear of having them counter attacked.

What to do with the spoils of war?
Once a city is successfully captured you can use the loot to heal and train your troops, or to purchase more stone ammunition or mercenaries for your next siege. I like to make a separate army of Horse Carts in the case of humans. Carts transport loot to my castle, bringing back reinforcements and stone ammunition when needed. Horse cart armies have a very low army score which makes PvP challenges a rare occurrence, and if it happens the payoff costs are minimal. If you lost some siege units you can also pitch a fortified camp, enter the camp, and construct a variety of siege units for wood and gold. In the case of humans trebuchets are 170 wood and 170 gold for an example. These camps will also heal your units considering not all towns have the unit healing option.

Steps to Siege:

1.) The player inviting to the siege should first move their army to the target city. In this example I'm using the very newbie friendly city of Dintalla (370 army score) which has few walls, obstructions and choke points. I earned 21 crowns on my last siege of it which took approximately 20 minutes (e: Did another and received 35 crowns). In addition you can spend your hard earned gold received from completing the siege to train your units in Dintalla, buy more stone, or transport the spoils back to your home city.

Select your army and click the "Enter City" icon.

2.) Once in the city, click the "Diplomacy" icon.

3.) Click "Declare War" from the dialogue options. When you end the conversation the game will automatically kick you back to the world map.

4.) Click the "Siege City" icon.

5.) Click the "Co-Op" button.

6.) Enter the person's name you would like to siege with in the form that reads "a random player" by default and click the "Fight" button.

That's it! When it succeeds you will get a "Found Target" dialogue box popup and it will load you both into the city siege instance.

Victory Conditions
In just about every city siege there is an inner wall area filled with normal units and one boss unit. Slaughter all enemies in and on this inner wall area to achieve victory. Siege ladders and treants can be useful for allowing tanky melee units to scale walls, or just blow them up with flaming balls of fire from your artillery :black101:.

Protips:

Artillery should aim at walls and towers, not units
It's far faster and more efficient to tell your siege units to shoot at walls instead of the units sitting on top of them. It also creates paths for your tanks to enter.

Siege Unit Woes
Your siege units are instantly killed by spike traps which look like groups of little brown splotches with black circles in the center of them. These spike traps will also instantly kill anything that isn't an extremely tanky melee unit. Siege units will also kill themselves if they fire into a tree directly next to them. It's advisable to position your siege units one by one away from spike traps and trees. Siege units may light projectiles on fire and attack ground to clear trees, just make sure to wait for the fire to finish burning before moving them in.

Stand Out of The Fire
Enemy artillery will generally fire balls of fire at anything in range and fire can spread on just about anything that isn't stone. Fire will annihilate anything but the most tanky of melee units and even then an especially bright or dense fire will burn them to a crisp. Move your units out of the fire at all costs! High restoration upgraded tanks may be able to stand in weak to medium fires, but make sure you have at least 20-30 health per second restoration.

Don't get anywhere near a gate until the boiling oil pots are destroyed
These are just like fire except far stronger and don't give you any time to run out of the area of effect before dying a horrible sticky death.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is it uncommon for connections to be timing out when logging in? Apparently I was able to create my account, but I haven't been able to log in since then

Some players were reporting success going in through a VPN because it wouldn't let their IP in for some reason. If you can reset your IP I would give that whirl. I've never personally had that problem but of course the general suggestion is try again in a few hours.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 28, 2013

Rudi Starnberg
Jul 8, 2012
In as RudiStarnberg, plugged in InfiniteMonkeys as my referer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Decided to buy the game. Once I'm in, does anyone want to swap referrals so that we can each get a cool Ice Dragon?

• Locked thread