Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

nucleicmaxid posted:

Just start to do the line, it's easier. That way Archonex doesn't have to hand out every last little piece of reward.

A referral line might be good. If it gets too active a PGS thread can just get started to handle it.

Also, if you haven't gotten a referral code yet, either PM me or post here and i'll send you one. I think I have four or five left as of now.

quote:

Also how do i cash in my haunter dragon and my dwarven army? I only got a code but can't find the spot where i have to turn it in. Ingame? Guess i need an army first.

There should be a "redeem code" option in the in game market.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
This is so silly, i think i accidently put in the wrong email address ingame when i created a new account( i think) and now i cannot even find a way to check what my email actually is because you cannot login with your data on the webside lol. Theres no support ingame either sigh. Someone help please :/

edit, typo sorta the ending is wrong. Should be .net instead of .com

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 2, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
A good way to earn loads of gold while AFK is to set up camps of 60 peasants gathering gold. They generate gold at the same rate while you are offline or online. Each 60 peasant group can generate 14,000 gold before maxing out on storage.

Also maxed out my Knights to level 20 today, apparently 20 is the maximum level for knights so I wonder if 20 is the maximum level for all non-hero units?

e: Expanded the Alliance again, send Extra a tell in-game if you need an invite.

FunkyFlashman posted:

This is so silly, i think i accidently put in the wrong email address ingame when i created a new account( i think) and now i cannot even find a way to check what my email actually is because you cannot login with your data on the webside lol. Theres no support ingame either sigh. Someone help please :/

Shoot an email to support@reverieworld.com with all relevant information and they may be able to change the email registered to the account, especially if the one your originally entered is very similar to the one you want it changed to.

By wrong email do you mean a typo or do you mean you entered a different email address that you have access to? Why can't you remember what email address you originally input? It's a security issue if you can look up the email address an account is tied to using just your CD-Key or something.

e: Yeah if it's a simple typo just tell them what happened, give them your key, when you registered the account, account name, etc. and they can change it over.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 2, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Level 20 is the max for troops, and Level 60 is the max for heroes.

I still haven't managed to be on at the same time as you, Archonex, so could you email one of the codes to Got the key, thanks!?

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 2, 2013

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

AfroSquirrel posted:

Level 20 is the max for troops, and Level 60 is the max for heroes.

I still haven't managed to be on at the same time as you, Archonex, so could you email one of the codes to Got the key, thanks!?

Don't know if you got it, but I sent the email on ahead. At this time I have five four referral codes left after sending a second one out, too.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 3, 2013

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
60 peasants? geeze that will take awhile. Thanks for the hint.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FunkyFlashman posted:

60 peasants? geeze that will take awhile. Thanks for the hint.

Things speed up and get less expensive substantially as you get further into the game. Building upgrades mean faster and cheaper units, which means faster and cheaper resource production, which means faster and cheaper armies.

At endgame with a good gold farming operation you can just churn out level 5 units, bring a wad of 40,000 gold with them to a city and train them all up.

Also something I didn't notice until a few days in was I could right click unit groups or resources to transfer the entire stack at once which is super useful for rapid resource/unit transfers.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 3, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If any goons are short on food, I can't sell it through the market fast enough. I could use some wood in exchange, but I don't mind giving it away for free either.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Got contacted by support and they are very helpful. But my email cannot be changed till september, ah well at least i got compensation.

edit, haha cool. I said in my email that i hosed up and didnt get my ice dragon PROBABLY because of it. They send me an ice dragon code and even a free crowns code :bubblewoop:

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 4, 2013

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
So, I guess i really like the elves. Resource by Ticks is just awesome.

Any tips on how to own with them? I guess you can hide your melee dps infantry and use their aoe right in the middle of some poor shmucks, but what about the mounted unite? How good are they? How should I be levelling up my guys?

And about base building, what should I focus? Those are a lot of trees and not so many building possibilities.

Im playing on the forest map with the resources and forest warrior specialities.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I don't know a whole lot about the elves but I would think being able to have mounted archers is a strong advantage against every other race in the game especially with enchanted/flaming arrows toggled on.

Also patch appears delayed to be delayed, again, again. :negative:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:siren: Patch 1.7 Part Deux is Live :siren:

Summary of patch notes: Buff everything (including dragons), pathfinding changed are delayed :argh:, new units.

ETA for pathfinding: Next week, hopefully :rolleyes:.

quote:

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
- New Orc Unit: Grinder
- New Orc Unit: Tosser
- New Elven Unit: Ruin Vine
- New Human Unit: Mantlet
- Alliance Leader, Treasurer and Recruiter roles can be assigned by the Alliance Leader
- Alliance members can deposit Crowns into the Alliance Bank
- Alliance Leader and Treasurer can send Crowns to members from the Alliance Bank
- Alliance Leader and Recruiter can invite players to join their Alliance from the Social Window

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
- Alliance Motto can be edited
- Adjusted alliance costs: 240 Crowns to create, 120 Crowns to expand
- Adjusted alliance max members, increased to 100
- Gold/Crown conversion cost reduced from 10,000 Gold to 6,000 Gold

:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
Elf Units:
-Bladestorm +5 slash res +10 pierce res +15 hp
-Enchanter +30 hp +25 magic res
-Grand Master +5 slash res +5 pierce res +30 hp +25 magic res +10 slash dmg
-Sentry +10 pierce res +5 slash res +20 hp +5 pierce dmg

Human Units:
-Human Paesant -1 strenght
-Fortifications camps strenght values reduced by 50-70% (all 3)
-Horse Cart -1 strenght
-Battering ram +60 crush res +60 slash res +10 pierce res hp+1500 +50 crush dmg
-Bellfry +10 pierce res +40 crush res +40 slash res
-Cavalier +10 hp
-Crossbowman -5 pierce res
-Escalade +1800 hp +50 stamina +10 pierce res +30 slash res +30 crush res
-Halberdier +30hp +5 pierce res +5 crush dmg
-Firecart -1 strenght +1000 hp +20 movement speed +60 slash pierce crush res
-Foot Knight -5 crush res
-Mounted Knight +10 slash dmg
-Maceman +20 hp +10 slash res +5 crush res +10 pierce res +20 crush dmg
-Swordsman -5 crush res
-Trebuchet +25 slash res +25 crush res +25 pierce res +250 hp
-Boiling oil +7 sec duration -100 dmg +30 area effect range
-Spike Trap +250 dmg +50 range

Orc Units:
-Berserker +10 pierce res +10 crush dmg
-Goblin Prowler +25 hp -1 strenght +5 slash res +5 crush res +5 pierce dmg
-Goblin Raider +30 hp +10 slash res +10 crush res +5 pierce res +5 slash dmg
-Impaler +10 hp +1 strenght +10 pierce res +15 crush dmg
-Impaler Warg +50 hp +5 pierce res +10 slash dmg
-Labourer -2 strenght
-Ogre +1 strenght +500 hp +5 slash res +5 crush res +10 pierce res +30 slash dmg
-Slayer Warg +50 hp +1 strenght +15 slash dmg
-Warg +25 hp

Dwarf Units:
-Dwarf Axeman -10 crush res +15 pierce res -5 slash dmg +25fire res
-Dwarf cannon +500 hp -2 strenght +40 crush res +40 slash res +10 pierce res grape shot +500 pierce dmg +200 crush dmg +150 fire dmg
-Dwarf Rifleman strenght -1
-Dwarf Heavy Ram +1500 hp +4 strenght +50 crush res +50 slash res +15 pierce res +200 crush dmg
Dragons:
-Dragon trample +50 crush dmg (250 now) reduced self dmg to 30
-Royal Dragon +3000 hp strenght -5 +30 fire dmg
-Red Dragon +3000 hp +20 fire dmg
-Green Dragon +3000hp +20 fire dmg
-Haunter Dragon +3000hp -5 strenght +20 fire dmg
-Ice Dragon +3000hp +25 ice dmg

Abilities:
-Shamanic Heal amount reduced by 30%
-Blood Purge dmg augmented by 100%
-Heroes Healing Potion heal amount reduced by 25%
-Pray +10 sec duration
-Hide -1 stamina drain/sec
-Whirlwind -10 stamina cost
-Tackle +10 stamina cost
-Drop Rocks +25 area effect range -25 stamina cost

vvv Yeah pretty much. Lead dev is Russian I believe and the QA Lead/Head of Game Balance types horribly. I don't think I've ever seen more sloppy patch notes in my entire life. vvv

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 5, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Did they consistently misspell "Strength" in the patch notes? :confused:

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Oh nice, they lowered the price of crows right after I spent 30k on them... blargh

Extra, do you have any spot open on the alliance? I want to be part of something greater man!

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ProZocK posted:

Oh nice, they lowered the price of crows right after I spent 30k on them... blargh

Extra, do you have any spot open on the alliance? I want to be part of something greater man!

Sure just pick a time to be online and I will try to be online also at that time.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

So I decided to buy this game because I'm a sucker for being bad at videogames and getting punished for it. Ingame as Syndlig, trying to decide on whether to be an impregnable mountain top human empire or a rampaging horde of desert orcs first.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

Extra posted:

Sure just pick a time to be online and I will try to be online also at that time.

OK, added you as a friend in game,I have no idea what time I'll be on this weekend, lets hope I run into you. My name in game is ProZocK just like in here.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Protip: Ball of knights in anvil with fully upgraded resistances/restoration overlapped with a ball of fully range upgraded archers (throw in some regen/hp upgrades if you have the points) in line formation (1440ish range) = poop all over everyone in PvP. Just sit in your ball, use your knight's prayer when your archers get low, and quickly reskill your archers to damage if a dragon gets in CQC to burst it down before your opponent can do anything. I used a group of 8-10 level 12 archers and absolutely nuked someone's level 27 royal dragon into dust just by switching them all over to damage upgrades when it was close and then immediately switching back to range upgrades when it started to run away. Pray got upgraded last patch which makes it even more amazing, even if the knight's crush resistance got nerfed a bit most units don't have much or any crush damage.

Optional: Cheap siege units with flaming projectiles as decoy/throwaway units to light forests near enemy ranged units on fire.

ProZocK posted:

OK, added you as a friend in game,I have no idea what time I'll be on this weekend, lets hope I run into you. My name in game is ProZocK just like in here.

Gotcha, it seems if people just joined the Alliance they have to relog for the chat to work? Don't quote me on this but it seems to be the case.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 6, 2013

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I am making goblin hordes as some horde/looter swamp orcs. They plan is to throw goblins at people until all the goblins are dead and then the orc peasants run away with the loot. Just piles and piles of invisible goblins suddenly pouring down on people's heads.

It's still a victory because only goblins died. :black101:

E: Oh god I just sent my goblin hordes after dragons and all the warriors burnt to death. The archers were smart enough to not burn to death and managed to kill about seven dragons before I withdrew. They just kept coming :gonk:

Commoners fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 7, 2013

frogbert
Jun 2, 2007
Could I please get an alliance invite. My name in game is Frogbert.

Thanks

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Bored, so going to give this game a shot. Mikhalio (the man, the ego, the legend). Cam on ban.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Just hit a group of 80/80/80 30hp/s 30,000 hp dwarf warriors and could do absolutely nothing against them. :(

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Commoners posted:

Just hit a group of 80/80/80 30hp/s 30,000 hp dwarf warriors and could do absolutely nothing against them. :(

Did you try fire?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hal_2005 posted:

Bored, so going to give this game a shot. Mikhalio (the man, the ego, the legend). Cam on ban.

frogbert posted:

Could I please get an alliance invite. My name in game is Frogbert.

Thanks

You guys have to be online at the same time as I am to get invited to the Alliance.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Did you try fire?

Yeah that's pretty much the only solution against people who have insane amounts of resistances. Any sort of elemental damage works. My primary gripe with it is the fact that not only can you have these resistances but your units can be fairly fast if you grab endurance upgrades with it. There's not a whole lot of checks and balances in place for units and there needs to be.

The usual weakness of tanky units is slow speed and low attack speed but there's not much preventing people from stacking resistances and speed and damage. I know with my L20 knights I can max out all 3 resistances, restoration, and still have 22 points to put in whatever. That's 90%/70%/90% in anvil formation with 30 hp / second, and 22 points to throw into endurance if I want speed to catch up to archers or damage if I want a melee meat grinder.

So here's some possible spec for Knights at level 20:
Melee Meat Grinder:
Formation: Anvil
Resistances: 90%/70%/90%
HP/Second: 30
Damage: 484
HP: 11160
Speed: 37

Can sac a few points in damage to get more HP or vise versa if the enemy is spamming fire arrows.

High Speed Anti-Range:
Formation: Loose
Resistances: 50%/50%/90%
HP/Second: 30
Damage: 177
HP: 24660
Speed: 133

Heavy infantry needs to get smacked with the nerfbat but that's a band-aid over the larger problem of mid-game re-skills and very loosely defined limits on unit stats. If the balance guy is doing much math (which I severely doubt), you could use the stat ranges available with a maximum level unit as a general guide on how to balance armies but then you have to factor in masses of lower level units and what army score those will have. Things like gigantic low level archer/ranger/marauder balls using fire arrows come to mind. The bottom line is it's too goddamn complex and units should level linearly as "boring" as that might be. When a knight levels he gets more knight-related stats and you don't get to pick what those are. Features that differentiate armies should be things like item and hero choices, not abusing leveling mechanics and free stat choices. Taking a tip from warhammer with banner bearers, musicians, etc. would be great. Optional choices with buffs that you choose to spend army points on.

When balancing DoF the devs have to factor in all this bullshit and I don't know how in gods name you balance a game with so many stat ranges resulting from:
1.) Regional Bonuses (Some of which are direct unit % based stat upgrades)
2.) Trait Bonuses (Some of which are direct unit % based stat upgrades)
3.) Upgrades Researched at Buildings (Some of which are direct unit % based stat upgrades)
4.) Levels - 57 Skill Points which give a choice of +5% to a resistance, +8% to damage, +10% health points, +1.5 health per second, or +20 stamina points and 2 run speed.

We at least need a basic rock paper scissors system and I'm not really seeing it. Even with a macemen buff I can get 75% crush resistance in loose formation or just keep it in anvil and get 70%.

Archonex posted:

Edit: Also, i'm not sure what the other factions have as an equivalent to this, but crossbowmen are apparently great against heavy troops. Get them to about 800 range, put them behind some tanks, dump the rest in damage, and laugh as they impale everything with 500-600 damage shots per unit by about level 10.

With the sheer amount of pierce resistance heavy infantry can get combined with the low rate of fire and inability for crossbowmen to arc shots I've never seen anyone who could counter heavy infantry with crossbowmen.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 7, 2013

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ice dragons do elemental damage as of the latest update, so they're one way to damage them. Elemental damage is currently completely unmitigated. Dwarven warriors are listed as heavy units, same as knights are. So they have the same damage resistance types more or less. Which can be exploited.

There's a few ways i've found to deal with them. Fire is always good, since you have to dump a ridiculous number of points into what is often a fairly useless skill for heavy soldiers to get them moving fast. Stacking endurance is only useful for knights that plan on acting as a back line resurrection/field hospital type unit.

Hit and run attacks can work too, since dwarves don't have a HP regen skill like knights do.

As of the latest update, macemen are now useful as well. Macemen and similar crush type units actually are supposed to be the counter to heavy units. If I recall, mace wielders also get an innate hidden boost to beating the poo poo out of knights, dwarves, and other heavies too. I don't think it's listed anywhere but their info tip on the barracks, but it should exist.

The patch updated their stats so they aren't useless cannon fodder too. So keeping around a few expendable regen/damage stacked macemen to suicide/obliterate heavy troops with is now useful.

Problem used to be that macemen had poo poo all defense. Which meant that if you traded them out for swordsmen/sentries/another sword type unit you were basically throwing away the factional advantage you had. Not so much anymore. They're not as ridiculously defensive as those units, but they appear to be able to hold their own now.

Edit: Also, i'm not sure what the other factions have as an equivalent to this, but crossbowmen are apparently great against heavy troops. Get them to about 800 range, put them behind some tanks, dump the rest in damage, and laugh as they impale everything with 500-600 damage shots per unit by about level 10.

quote:

We at least need a basic rock paper scissors system and I'm not really seeing it.

This is what I meant by the "hidden boost" thing. Their tool tip says that they perform better than what the attack/resistance ratio shows against heavy troops. Apparently macemen are intended as one of the hard counters to heavy soldiers.

I think there is some sort of rock-paper-scissors system set up already. It's just somewhat obfuscated. The devs have confirmed it does exist, and at least one of the races mentions hard counters as part of a hidden bonus when I last checked.

For example, the human unit tool tips mention that each unit is a counter to another unit type. Fpr instance, I believe units wielding halberds do more damage to mounted units and large monsters like dragons, ogres, etc, etc. This is in addition to their formation bonuses. Halberdiers also get the unique "schiltron" formation. Which is similar to how knights can amp up their defensive stats to be a tank for other units.

The only question is whether the bonus is actually significant or not. I haven't really tested it that much, and it's hard to get an accurate reading since there's a wide variety of unit specs people set up in the game.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 7, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
For people who want in the Alliance the easiest way to see if I'm on or ask me to log on is to contact/add me on steam.

Archonex posted:

The only question is whether the bonus is actually significant or not. I haven't really tested it that much, and it's hard to get an accurate reading since there's a wide variety of unit specs people set up in the game.

Yeah it's a little irksome to have certain unit mechanics be hidden so you're not ever quite sure why your units got obliterated in certain situations.

vvv There are a ton of things on my list of "quality of life" improvements that Dawn of Fantasy could use. Tempted to pester the devs to let me screw around with the UI code so I can write some better tooltips and reposition crap but fat chance. vvv

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 7, 2013

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
So, nowhere in the game it was explained to me how to improve my elven city resource cap. Turns out its by building Sylvan Shrines.
That really should be put on the building description.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, and I've probably screwed myself in some fashion. I've been following the tutorial quests and now the timer for my newbie protection is ticking down, but I still don't really have any way to create an army, nor do I have any idea what kind of army to make. I'm playing as Southmont humans, and have built myself a palisade and motte, but my army consists entirely of stuff given to me by quests.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Build a barracks to make more troops. Then get some decent gold production going. Southmount has great gold production via sheep and all the gold mines. With a fair amount of gold coming in you can just tribute anyone that attacks you until you're set up. Plus, with a higher level market you can just buy any mats you need.

I make somewhere around 80 gold per minute (Higher most likely, since i've tapped out several mines repeatedly.), and I pretty much cap out my stock with full houses every hour or so. That pretty much gives you the freedom to do whatever the hell you want. Especially since crowns originally only cost like 2K, and their price was nerfed from the 10K they were last patch. Meaning you can also buy crown shop items en-mass with a bit of prep time.

The reason the timer is counting down is because you built a palisade. Which is a wooden wall surrounding your town's inner workings. Upgrading to stone ought to be your first big priority after getting a decent defense/raiding force, and getting your economy set up. The reason being that wood burns very easily and can't have troops stationed on top of it like stone walls can.

You should probably also get some knights to heal your troops and archers/swordsmen for basic combat if you're attacked. Also don't forget that so long as you have money you can build troops during a siege. Wave attacks of archers and melee troops are good for wearing attackers down.

Keep in mind the outer wall will give you more space to defend. Plus, Southmount's outer wall placement funnels enemies into chokepoints on bridges leading into the heart of your territory. You can lay down traps and oil at each to create a ridiculously lethal inferno that will instakill any heavy troops that march over it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 8, 2013

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

I started taking your advice; I've got 10 peasants mining gold, plus two dwarven miners I got as gifts. Built a market to pay for any materials I need, and have a single group of peasants to trickle in some food to use for making sheep. I've got 10 herds of sheep, and am in the process of building a barracks.

As it stands I'd be slaughtered in a fight, but I've got a ton of protection left and I ought to be able to just bribe anyone actually capable of fighting me. Things are definitely feeling less hosed and more productive now.

Zhym
Jun 18, 2012
Just picked this up because :black101: sounds great.

Since it doesn't seem that referral train survived, would anyone like to volunteer themselves for the ice dragon reward? Otherwise, I'll just throw it at Archonex when I get around to making my account.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Hmm BolT throwers for elven don't work? Just raided an orc town and 8 boltthrowers+army did nothing to their catapults :/ They also did not fire any visible projectiles(i set up a target area). I had to withdraw. Elvens are freaking fun to built, but their units seem uncool. This was also my first attempt.

edit, one last question please. Is there anything to do in this game beside hitting "look for pvp match" or sieging a npc town or getting sieged(i did not build walls yet so i don't have that yet)? I can't see anything on the map beside npc towns for example, kinda irritating.

Extra posted:

Wild guess is some issue with not having proper line of sight to the target. Non-arched projectiles tend to hit the defenses you're shooting at instead of the object on top of them. Most elf players I see just roll with a bunch of treants to scale the walls and long range rangers to take out the catapults. Archers of any kind make quick work of enemy siege units.

wow thats lame, thanks for your help. And i guess with archers you ment flame arrow archers because i had like 10 rangers with 1500 range. Nice video there, trebuchet look like 1000x better then bolt throwers.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 8, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Details forthcoming but I may have found a "game breaking" bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3_F1BzJnM

FunkyFlashman posted:

Hmm BolT throwers for elven don't work? Just raided an orc town and 8 boltthrowers+army did nothing to their catapults :/ They also did not fire any visible projectiles(i set up a target area). I had to withdraw. Elvens are freaking fun to built, but their units seem uncool. This was also my first attempt.

Wild guess is some issue with not having proper line of sight to the target. Non-arched projectiles tend to hit the defenses you're shooting at instead of the object on top of them. Most elf players I see just roll with a bunch of treants to scale the walls and long range rangers to take out the catapults. Archers of any kind make quick work of enemy siege units.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 8, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Extra posted:

Details forthcoming but I may have found a "game breaking" bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3_F1BzJnM

I've managed to pull that off once too, in a newbie quest siege. I didn't have flaming projectiles yet, though, and I haven't been able to replicate it.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AfroSquirrel posted:

I've managed to pull that off once too, in a newbie quest siege. I didn't have flaming projectiles yet, though, and I haven't been able to replicate it.

Select attack ground, click an area, then shortly after right click a targetable enemy or structure. Works with both flaming and non-flaming projectiles. Rapid fire siege weaponry.

I'm uploading a better example now.

:regd08::regd08::regd08:

FunkyFlashman posted:

And i guess with archers you ment flame arrow archers because i had like 10 rangers with 1500 range. Nice video there, trebuchet look like 1000x better then bolt throwers.

There was a player who took out all of my tower trebuchets in a siege using rangers without flaming arrows. I think you just have to get the archers to angle their shots correctly. Trebuchets are pretty good on their own but using this new technique they're rapid fire destroy everything units. Curious if the same strategy works with Cannons. I'll have to give it a test.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 8, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Extra posted:

Select attack ground, click an area, then shortly after right click a targetable enemy or structure. Works with both flaming and non-flaming projectiles. Rapid fire siege weaponry.

I'm uploading a better example now.

:regd08:Clicky:regd08:

Interesting. What I did was alternately order an attack and then stop the attack after the rock had launched but before the animation was complete. Yours sounds like it involves less timing and you've been able to replicate it, though.

EDIT: Apparently you weren't even spending any stone during your barrage either!

EDIT2: Eh, that happens. Most commonly I've had text boxes turn black with black text from alt-tabbing too quickly.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 8, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AfroSquirrel posted:

Interesting. What I did was alternately order an attack and then stop the attack after the rock had launched but before the animation was complete. Yours sounds like it involves less timing and you've been able to replicate it, though.

I'll play with that considering you can see at the end of the video I lost the entire bottom portion of my user interface because I messed up the clicking combination or something.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013

Zhym posted:

Just picked this up because :black101: sounds great.

Since it doesn't seem that referral train survived, would anyone like to volunteer themselves for the ice dragon reward? Otherwise, I'll just throw it at Archonex when I get around to making my account.

I volunteer. Im ProZocK in game, thx for the offer!

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Could Ragnarokz get an invite, this game seems quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhym
Jun 18, 2012
In as Zhym, could I get an invite?

ProZocK posted:

I volunteer. Im ProZocK in game, thx for the offer!

Sorry mate, I made my account a few hours after my post and forgot to update as such. My referral code is with Archonex now. :(

• Locked thread