Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Saintv77 posted:

If you buy though their site you get five dollars off, a free haunter dragon as well as a "dwarven army". The code activates on steam.

May as well give this a shot. Ingame name is McSaint if anyone wants to toss me a referral. Didn't see many names so I put Extra as my referrer and I hope that was you!
Welp just bought it through steam :suicide:. I put you as my referrer, my name is InfiniteMonkeys if anyone is nice enough to carry on the chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Zereth posted:

Is this game acutally fun to play outside of burning down people's cities and drinking deep of their tears?
It seems alright so far, persistant RTS is a neat idea.

I was given some wargs and told to sell them at the nearby town, but there was no option to sell them when I got there. They are definitely in my army, what did I do wrong?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 25, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

My first siege went badly. It was against an elf player who somehow had a goddamn canyon surrounding his base with only two bridges across, and a shitton of archers. Somehow his archers had a longer range than my catapult so he destroyed that almost immediately, then they completely hosed up my marauders and my fire arrows didn't make anything burn :(

Archonex posted:

I added a new section to the OP for listing names of accounts. If you want it added just post your name here. It'll do until someone can come up with a decent name for the goon alliance.

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn that part of the current content expansion, Siegeworks, involved more freely placeable defenses. I'd need to check though. I do know that it's not fully out. There was a developer giveaway twitch stream (Keep your eye on global chat for these if you want free stuff.) a few days ago where one of the devs mentioned a bunch of new units coming out soon.
I am InfiniteMonkeys.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Tulip posted:

How fiddly is the army building aspect? I can handle Warhammer/40K/Epic/etc pretty decently, but Airland Battles absolutely killed me with choice paralysis from trying to figure out what to take of 15 billion types of mortars.

Also, when you say "you can't repick" do you mean like, for the entire key you took or can you reroll/have multiple towns in parallel? Once i pick this up i want to see how a swamp/looter/siege army works but it might be a complete goddamn disaster.
You can make 4 towns.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

You run the game and register inside it by clicking 'Online Play' or whatever it is. I'm playing as orcs and my main problem with them so far is that their archers are poo poo, so I can't really burn things. Humans are apparently better so if you want to burn stuff I'd go with that.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

My first siege win, hooray! The guy was cooped up in his hilltop keep so I burned down dozens of his houses to force him out, then massacred the half of his army which he sent out. The other half stayed in the keep, so I was about to set fire to the buildings inside the keep but he disconnected. Do I just loot the corpses now or what?
e: How do I stop my gold from being stolen? :(
e2: Which one is the territory with loads of ogres?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 25, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Turns out you can only have 49 ogres in an army. Should be enough, though :black101:

e: What are some easy NPC cities to siege near the forest?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 25, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Just had a fun siege. I left my army in place and sent out my dragon to burn his stuff, since I couldn't actually win the siege.

He sent these guys after me:

All I had was archers for burning, so I set up enfilades. The corpses are from an earlier wave slightly smaller than this one:

All of his melee guys are dead:

Hooray! Only lost 2 units of archers:

I think he was angry :(

quote:

[Battle]WindSong: you not gonna win
:allears:

This game can be great fun but it's also really buggy - I got no resources for winning this siege.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

I tried an all-ogre army. The most you can get in one army is 50, and when I tried a siege with them (ranging in levels from 1-10) they got completely stomped. They're good with just a few but not viable as an army by themselves.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Cavaliers are awful though.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

How to get rich:

- Get an army just under 300 points. Going over seems to result in way less games found in my experience.
- Look for city sieges with both boxes checked.
- Somehow get up to 15k resources and 40k gold (with an average of about 1/3 that) for 30 second games because connection issues and opponents quitting give you rewards as if you won, and this happens every drat game.
- Actually have to fight? Enfilade your archers out of range of their siege weapons, set up a wall of knights in front, send out one or two units to burn their poo poo. Most of the time this will draw them out to protect their stuff and you can stomp them, if not hey have fun burning their poo poo!
- Dump most of the resources as there's no way you can carry them. Use the gold to buy whatever you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Someone gave me a referral a while back but I never got around to using it and haven't played this in a while, so PM me if you'd like a key.

• Locked thread