Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Going to get in on this - do you need to register an account outside of steam after purchasing? (I bought direct from the devs store linked above) Also, need to find where to put in a referrer. Going to pass on some referral bonuses.

Trying to decide on a faction to begin with. Elves appeal to me, but I wish to be the font of burning destruction to others, rather than be the burned. Elvish structures sound too flammable for that. Going to guess a lot of people play humans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In as JuniorWarden and learning the ropes so far. Bit janky here and there but completely expected that as described in the OP.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Extra posted:

If it's a 10 digit code while you're in your main town click the market icon then click redeem code then enter the 10 digit code.

This is correct. I did this, and I am now the proud owner of an ice dragon and a bunch of pissed off inebriated dwarves. Time to take small baby steps whilst pushing peoples poo poo in.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any suggested army size / composition for babbys first assault against a NPC town? I read that the most easternly human town is a good bet (or was it the east port?)

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Extra posted:

Westerdale is the port that's a good starting siege. Bring an army of around 350 points if you can. NPC Sieges are big fat battles of attrition. Bring your hero or some knights along to heal or give your units restoration (heal over time) upgrades. You want to be able to bring your units into battle, hurt the enemy, then retreat from battle and heal up. Bring lots and lots of trebuchets or cannons and lots of stone to make sure you don't run out of ammunition. It's far more efficient to use trebuchets to knock down walls than try to snipe enemies off walls with archers due to the way archer line of sight works in DoF.

Also split my army into command groups of 4 (not including heroes or single units like ogres or trebuchets) because it makes my units far more responsive and more precise in positioning.

350 points? Jesus tapdancing christ. Anything a little less beefy I should be aiming for? Army is around about 50 points at the minute. I went into 'The Wold' and that seems to be methodical - slow, but methodical. Bit of a hard time telling the difference between 'baddies who will go for me when I get close / outlaws' and 'dudes who you can buy'

Also, I see the alliance is full already. Need help expanding it for more goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

If you need gold or food, let me know. My starting region pretty much shits it out, and I regularly do sieges that give me 12K gold (and 5K or more wood too) just for not looting any of the corpses.

On another note, how should we handle the crown farming for boosting the guild? I ask because I have a number of referral codes that we could use for that purpose, if people wanted. I could use them to quickly remake and then upgrade the guild to hold more people, if Extra doesn't want to mass farm crowns for upgrades or Reverie doesn't want to change guild leadership (So far, it sounds like only the guild leader can do upgrades like that?). Alternatively I can just give him a few codes to help him upgrade the guild.

Edit: And if you think 350 points is bad, you should see some of my armies. 850 points is the smallest army size I field at the moment. I've won so many battles/taken so few losses that most of my currently fielded units are level 10+ and I have the title "Archonex the Invincible" due to them. :unsmigghh:

Awesome, wouldn't mind a little gold but Extra has been helping out with stuff, so there may be other goons more in need. As for the referral codes, wouldn't say no to one (PM'd you) but if it is better to use for the alliance, well. The greater good and all that.

• Locked thread