Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I don't think I saw it mentioned in the thread, but how many characters/towns can you have per account?

Extra posted:

Not bad, if this game didn't have orcs n' elves we could have done an homage to the CRPG goons and went with Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights. Goons and Glory was one name I was throwing around.

I'm partial to the Flaming DraGoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Decided to buy the game. Once I'm in, does anyone want to swap referrals so that we can each get a cool Ice Dragon?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

In as AfroSquirrel, listed Archonex as referrer.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is it possible to level units outside of battle? I just grabbed a Dwarven Cannon that was on sale and don't want to risk it just yet. Also, it seems that they start with a single shot per battle.

Do you still have an extra referral code, Archonex?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Well, I guess that's good news and bad news then. Ammo won't be a problem, but I won't be able to have a L10 Dwarfgun one-shotting people's knights with maxed out grapeshot.

Is the alliance full again, or could I get an invite?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

^That's what I was hoping for (cannon-wise).

Since it isn't mentioned anywhere in game: Armor upgrades from the blacksmith are good for 10% resistance. Also, rushing halves build time and costs 1 crown.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I stumbled across a handy EXP grinding trick for new (Southmont?) human players. Hold off on giving your troops attack on levelups (stick to a regen or two, some hp, and a bunch of resistances) until you get the quest where you are to be knighted. On that quest, bring the troops you want to train, whatever heroes you have, and one powerful unit (preferably a dragon).

In the quest, eliminate the forces outside the castle (dragonfire is quickest). Wait a bit for the troops inside the castle to level from killing your allies soldiers (above 5 might be enough; I haven't done any testing). Now, send in your troops. Neither side will be able to kill each other, and will continually level from being in combat. After a certain point, you can probably even go AFK and watch TV or something. When you've grown tired of grinding, start buying attack on levelup or send in your dragon/whatever to break the tie.

I went in with two heroes, eight swordsmen/knights, two archers, a cart, and two peasants. The heroes were 31 and 20 by the end, the foot troops were 11-14, the archers stopped at 5 because they ran out of arrows, and the civilians got eaten by wolves. Spoilered in case people want the quest to be a surprise.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

To get my stone walls, do I need a bit over 40 crowns? It looks like I need 8 for Masonry to build stone walls, and then 35 to build the walls themselves, but the double-dipping in crowns seems kinda silly. Is that just the way this game is?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

How hard are the world-map NPC sieges compared to the newbie quest ones in 'Dangerous Neighbors'?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Level 20 is the max for troops, and Level 60 is the max for heroes.

I still haven't managed to be on at the same time as you, Archonex, so could you email one of the codes to Got the key, thanks!?

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 2, 2013

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If any goons are short on food, I can't sell it through the market fast enough. I could use some wood in exchange, but I don't mind giving it away for free either.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Commoners posted:

Just hit a group of 80/80/80 30hp/s 30,000 hp dwarf warriors and could do absolutely nothing against them. :(

Did you try fire?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Extra posted:

Details forthcoming but I may have found a "game breaking" bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3_F1BzJnM

I've managed to pull that off once too, in a newbie quest siege. I didn't have flaming projectiles yet, though, and I haven't been able to replicate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Extra posted:

Select attack ground, click an area, then shortly after right click a targetable enemy or structure. Works with both flaming and non-flaming projectiles. Rapid fire siege weaponry.

I'm uploading a better example now.

:regd08:Clicky:regd08:

Interesting. What I did was alternately order an attack and then stop the attack after the rock had launched but before the animation was complete. Yours sounds like it involves less timing and you've been able to replicate it, though.

EDIT: Apparently you weren't even spending any stone during your barrage either!

EDIT2: Eh, that happens. Most commonly I've had text boxes turn black with black text from alt-tabbing too quickly.

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 8, 2013

• Locked thread