Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

So what reason would I have to not fill every slot in my army with ogres? Can they not do certain things you need not-ogres for? The game is a bit opaque, but my ogres are easy to keep alive and really powerful, and it just seems like I have no reason to make other units at all really aside from economic stuff. Oh, and in as Valravn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Catapults and probably cannons have to reload after every shot, and in the case of catapults anyway, they reload from the stone supply you've brought to battle. So it has as many shots as you have stone.

I also don't believe siege weapons can level up. My orc catapult killed a bunch of guys and didn't even get exp for it.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

You get crowns for doing quests and you can convert 10k gold into 1 crown. So yeah, getting up to the best walls for your city isn't an immediate thing, but you don't need to spend money or anything.

Also, better pathfinding and a UI overhaul would be really great. That plus a couple other little changes would go a long way.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Reinstalling to check out the changes. My big problems with the game were 1) the controls, both in terms of pathing and UI, 2) lovely balance with unkillable units, and 3) the way you could just up and respec your units whenever. Sounds like all three of those issues have been changed for the better, though.

• Locked thread