Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Some of the showrunners have gone on record to say that it's specifically not going to be a Toby situation, for what it's worth.

edit; There's also this, which was from the first season, so who knows?

Cityinthesea fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Halloween episode airs this Tuesday, followed by the Ravenswood premiere. I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty excited to see (A) what kind of ridiculous bullshit they come up with to excuse away the Fitz's presence and (B) the introduction of literal magic into the series, because do you think Alison will turn out to be a real honest-to-gosh zombie? God I can only hope.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
As long as they don't immediately Toby it up with Ezra in this episode (like, "Oh he was just being super protective/stalkery of Aria! He's not REALLY a bad guy!"), I think I'll be satisfied.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I completely just remembered this was returning today. Awesome.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
"A door in a crypt that leads to a tunnel that comes up inside a mansion; what kind of zoning laws does this town have?" slayed me.

Also, that was not an Allie mask. Kinda liking the new character already.

Edit: And it really is her. Holy gently caress. And that cemetery. Whatever is going on is really out there this time.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 23, 2013

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Grunwald's comment didn't make things any clearer if Ezra was A or not (it could still technically be Wren, after all), though I appreciated how sketchy Ezra's acting now.

Also Alison's comment about the hospital scene made me look it up, the quote is basically the four of them combined already know what happened that night that she 'died'... Which I don't think we have all the information cause I have no idea how that works. Of course, I barely understand how that night works in general.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
So the Ravenswood premiere was... interesting. It immediately makes me think that things in Pretty Little Liars might move in a even less grounded in reality direction.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Lawlicaust posted:

So the Ravenswood premiere was... interesting. It immediately makes me think that things in Pretty Little Liars might move in a even less grounded in reality direction.

spoilers from the premiere
It's not every show that kills almost all of the main cast at the end of the pilot.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Dang. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up thinking they would confirm/deny Ezra as A. At least they didn't outright deny it, I guess.

Cityinthesea posted:

Grunwald's comment didn't make things any clearer if Ezra was A or not (it could still technically be Wren, after all), though I appreciated how sketchy Ezra's acting now.
That lingering Spencer reaction shot made me consider Wren, too. Considering he's hosed off to London, though, it doesn't really jive with Grunwald's "he's here right now breathing down your necks" warning. Wait, he is in London, right? I can't keep up with this show.

quote:

Also Alison's comment about the hospital scene made me look it up, the quote is basically the four of them combined already know what happened that night that she 'died'... Which I don't think we have all the information cause I have no idea how that works. Of course, I barely understand how that night works in general.
Yeah, more cryptic nonsense, basically. Although it did lead me to rewatching the scene where not-so-dead Alison talks to Aria during that time when Meredith was drugging her. Aria asks Alison about the whole blackmailing Byron for money thing, and Alison slips in something about "when the chips were down with Ezra's mom", which I totally didn't catch the first time I watched that scene. I know there's a theory floating around that Ezra is Boardshorts, that he was the one who got Alison pregnant, and that he murdered (well, tried to murder) Alison after she told him about the pregnancy. If true, it would make sense then that Alison was fleecing money from Ezra's mother, a bit like how Maggie was paid to disappear.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Aphra Bane posted:

Dang. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up thinking they would confirm/deny Ezra as A. At least they didn't outright deny it, I guess.

That lingering Spencer reaction shot made me consider Wren, too. Considering he's hosed off to London, though, it doesn't really jive with Grunwald's "he's here right now breathing down your necks" warning. Wait, he is in London, right? I can't keep up with this show.

Yeah, more cryptic nonsense, basically. Although it did lead me to rewatching the scene where not-so-dead Alison talks to Aria during that time when Meredith was drugging her. Aria asks Alison about the whole blackmailing Byron for money thing, and Alison slips in something about "when the chips were down with Ezra's mom", which I totally didn't catch the first time I watched that scene. I know there's a theory floating around that Ezra is Boardshorts, that he was the one who got Alison pregnant, and that he murdered (well, tried to murder) Alison after she told him about the pregnancy. If true, it would make sense then that Alison was fleecing money from Ezra's mother, a bit like how Maggie was paid to disappear.

Wren was having all his poo poo sent to Melissa in London but I don't think he himself has hosed off out of country yet (or at least he hasn't been shown to be 'out of country' but on this show, not being in an episode means you're probably in Europe somewhere).

From Grunwald's comment, though, it seems like it really only CAN be Wren or Ezra at this point. Wren's still sketchy as gently caress, of course, even if he wasn't the one who tried to kill Alison outright.

I thought the pregnancy bit was a false alarm? I mean, not that I would put it past Alison to fleece someone for cash dollars on a lie if she thought she could get away with it. Or maybe she was lying to Ezra/his mom about being pregnant and then the 'truth' she told him that night (since I think she also says in the Hanna hospital scene that she was killed for telling the truth and you should always lie your loving face off instead) is that she wasn't pregnant and had been loving with him/them this whole time? Maybe the whole point of that extended Aria/Maggie/Ezra/Malcolm stuff is that Ezra takes being lied to very, very poorly once he finds out the truth. Someone put an APB out on Maggie and Malcolm!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Man, that was a delight. Just straight up turning into Resident Evil in here. Underground secret passage full of spooky statues and industrial size fans? Spooky haunted mansion? Costume parties in the graveyard? I love how this show just presents things and accepts them.

Glad they didn't wuss out on The Fitz. Since we haven't seen his hand yet, there's still plenty of time for them to take it back, but otherwise I think this could be a very interesting dynamic - one where we, the viewers, know who all the players are on the table are. But then it could also end up like that season of Desperate Housewives where they revealed Neil McDonough's nefarious plot halfway through the season and then it spent the rest of the time treading water.

I'm not super interested in Girl-Caleb (I haven't watched Ravenswood yet), although it is fantastic that she looks almost exactly like him.

Cityinthesea posted:

http://pretty-little-liars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequence_of_Events_-_Day_of_Alison%27s_Disappearance

xeria posted:

Wren was having all his poo poo sent to Melissa in London but I don't think he himself has hosed off out of country yet (or at least he hasn't been shown to be 'out of country' but on this show, not being in an episode means you're probably in Europe somewhere).

From Grunwald's comment, though, it seems like it really only CAN be Wren or Ezra at this point. Wren's still sketchy as gently caress, of course, even if he wasn't the one who tried to kill Alison outright.

I like to think that Melissa was just straight up stealing Wren's poo poo to protect the Liars, but that's me going out on a limb and taking her whole "I've been protecting you" speech at face value.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 23, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cityinthesea posted:

She also says that the truth is worthless, and that lies are always better- she might just be telling them to let it go. I always thought the way she phrased that was odd, though- "a big shiny disco ball of purity"? Why bring up purity there? Scene's 01x11, if anyone wants to check it out.

Does anyone know where the other Alison dream appearances are? I am wondering if rewatching them with the knowledge that Alison isn't dead might not turn up something interesting..

Cityinthesea posted:

Aphra Bane posted:

xeria posted:

Of course, all of this requires The Grunwald to have actual psychic powers*, and I don't think this show has quite crossed that line, yet.

*Or know some other way and be playing it like this to gently caress with them, I guess.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Autonomous Monster posted:

She also says that the truth is worthless, and that lies are always better- she might just be telling them to let it go. I always thought the way she phrased that was odd, though- "a big shiny disco ball of purity"? Why bring up purity there? Scene's 01x11, if anyone wants to check it out.

Does anyone know where the other Alison dream appearances are? I am wondering if rewatching them with the knowledge that Alison isn't dead might not turn up something interesting..

There were two, I think, in the back half of season 3 - one with Aria (when Meredith was poisoning her) and one with Spencer while she was in Radley.

Emily might have had one as well at some point but I can't remember. Hanna's in the hospital in S1 was definitely the first though.

quote:

Of course, all of this requires The Grunwald to have actual psychic powers*, and I don't think this show has quite crossed that line, yet.

*Or know some other way and be playing it like this to gently caress with them, I guess.

I'm taking her at face value 'cause she's a Ravenswoodite and apparently Ravenswood is the land of supernatural with ghosts and reincarnation and curses and poo poo.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TurnipFritter posted:

I'm not super interested in Girl-Caleb (I haven't watched Ravenswood yet), although it is fantastic that she looks almost exactly like him.

I was interested in her story before I realized that they were just spinning her off. I wouldn't bother with Ravenswood. The pilot was really, really bad. It's pretty much the opposite of Pretty Little Liars in terms of pacing so far. I was really hoping that it go an even more batshit and supernatural route with the story (like the weirder Twin Peaks stuff) but it just seems like a really boring and slow Dark Shadows or Vampire Diaries without any of the things that make either of those fun. And Caleb just isn't that interesting of a character to base a whole show around. I will be really surprised if it lasts a season.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Lawlicaust posted:

I was interested in her story before I realized that they were just spinning her off. I wouldn't bother with Ravenswood. The pilot was really, really bad. It's pretty much the opposite of Pretty Little Liars in terms of pacing so far. I was really hoping that it go an even more batshit and supernatural route with the story (like the weirder Twin Peaks stuff) but it just seems like a really boring and slow Dark Shadows or Vampire Diaries without any of the things that make either of those fun. And Caleb just isn't that interesting of a character to base a whole show around. I will be really surprised if it lasts a season.

It doesn't have to do that well in order to last on ABC Family, anyway! It didn't have complete retention from PLL's episode but it fared better in #s than other shows that have had PLL as a lead-in.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't how to explain why I don't like what the show is doing right now, but I just can't get into it. Also, I hope Ezra dies.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I'm pretty much satisfied with PLL as long as Spencer is doing weird/crazy poo poo (and/or dropping GoT references without batting an eyelash), Hanna is being sarcastic, and Emily is yelling at someone.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

xeria posted:

There were two, I think, in the back half of season 3 - one with Aria (when Meredith was poisoning her) and one with Spencer while she was in Radley.

Emily might have had one as well at some point but I can't remember. Hanna's in the hospital in S1 was definitely the first though.

Emily's was the midseason finale back in season 2 when Ali saved her from the murder barn and then they all got arrested for possession of a shovel.

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, the pilot for Ravenswood wasn't so hot. When PLL took a field trip there, you know, it was all weird and had a washed out filter and spooky, but the prevalence of, well, normalcy in the actual show sort of kills it. Maybe if the show had been focused only on Caleb and Girl Caleb exploring this hosed up town it would have worked, but instead you have all these other perfectly normal teens in their perfectly normal homes living perfectly normal lives. You either get to have creepy ancient mansions where the ceiling leaks blood and parties are held in the cemetery, or you get to have homecoming parades and designer kitchens taken directly out of magazines. Hell, Jenna and Toby's house is more Ravenswoody than the Wonder Sibling's.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

TurnipFritter posted:

Yeah, the pilot for Ravenswood wasn't so hot. When PLL took a field trip there, you know, it was all weird and had a washed out filter and spooky, but the prevalence of, well, normalcy in the actual show sort of kills it. Maybe if the show had been focused only on Caleb and Girl Caleb exploring this hosed up town it would have worked, but instead you have all these other perfectly normal teens in their perfectly normal homes living perfectly normal lives. You either get to have creepy ancient mansions where the ceiling leaks blood and parties are held in the cemetery, or you get to have homecoming parades and designer kitchens taken directly out of magazines. Hell, Jenna and Toby's house is more Ravenswoody than the Wonder Sibling's.

I haven't watched the pilot yet but this is real sad. Should be more "AHS for Teens" and less just "teens, occasionally something spooky"!

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
The creepy funeral directer uncle on Ravenswood looks like an adult Eddie Munster.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

xeria posted:

I haven't watched the pilot yet but this is real sad. Should be more "AHS for Teens" and less just "teens, occasionally something spooky"!

This is actually the perfect description of the show's flaws.

I do appreciate that when some of the characters say they're basically pariahs in the town that it actually shows them being pariahs. This occasionally comes up in Pretty Little Liars, where one of the girls will make some reference to them being outcasts, or something, but it never really comes up.

On the other hand, no one gives a poo poo about your mother maybe being a murderer because we literally just got done with that plot back in PLL the only reasons we cared then was because (A) Ashley Marin owns and had three seasons to bond with her and (B) we knew the victim and he kind of had it coming.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

xeria posted:

Spencer actually scored two encounters. The other time was back near the end of the second season when Alison was in Spencer's house digging through that bag of hidden clues. That encounter was more to do with the Mona as A mystery, though, since the conversation was more about figuring out the clues that reveal who was stalking Alison, and the events of Alison's last day. Or, you know, a third of the events of that day ... that was one ridiculous timeline.
It'd be interesting to see if any of the clues in that bag point to Ezra.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Man, Ravenswood doesn't even make sense by PLL standards.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Good going Caleb, you hosed up the one thing your girlfriend asked you to do.

This is sort of like Final Destination for Tweens, isn't it?

Edit: Can we talk about how bullshit it is that the morgue in Ravenswood is significantly less creepy than the one in Rosewood?

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 30, 2013

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

TurnipFritter posted:

Good going Caleb, you hosed up the one thing your girlfriend asked you to do.

This is sort of like Final Destination for Tweens, isn't it?

It'd be kind of funny if the season ended with all the main characters as ghosts.

I'm not sure if I like this whole "actual supernatural things are happening" in Ravenswood thing. Weird crap happens on PLL, but it's still kind of grounded in (crazy) reality.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Ravenswood episode 3: Surprisingly better, partially because it was more about the show's premise than "Hey let's talk about our boring teen problems." The burned corpse ghost is quite a bit more graphic than I would have expected from an ABC Family show.

This is, what, the third random family that has adopted Caleb? I know the Marins adopted him at one point, then he was adopted by Lucas's family, and then I sort of lost track (was he still living with Lucas before he moved to Ravenswood?). It's good that he decided to move there, even though I think Hanna meant "Hey stay with Miranda and make sure she gets home ok and we'll pick you up in the morning" rather than "Hey stay in Ravensood indefinitely to take care of Miranda."

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

The back half of season 4 starts tomorrow, so let's take a moment to recap what the hell is even happening on this show:

A started the season out strong by going after the Pretty Little Mothers. A sent a swarm of killer bees after Aria's mother, forcing her to retreat to a castle in Europe with her much younger lover/patissier, called social services on Emily's mother to frame her for child abuse, Hanna's mother was framed for the murder of detective Wilden, and the Spencer's mother was... Honestly, I think the only thing that happened to Spencer's mother was she got thrown off Ashley Marin's defense. I guess she wasn't a Special Victim after all.

Spencer did not get into Penn State. She had a heart-to-heart with her sister Melissa wherein Melissa explained (in the sense that this show explains anything) that she had been protecting Spencer since all this bullshit started. Then Melissa hosed off to London for an internship. A teased Toby with information that his mother may have been murdered instead of committing suicide, so Spencer spent a lot of time helping out with that. But eventually even Toby realized this storyline was boring and it was kind of dropped, but it'll probably come back with a vengeance this season.

Emily nearly broke her shoulder trying to save Aria from getting run over by A, and then became addicted to pain killers and nearly died at a swim meet. Her mother was framed for domestic abuse, and was then fired from her job at the police station because Emily stole evidence. Then A drove a car through Emily's living room, and through an unlikely series of events Emily is now living in Alison's house with Ali's mother, because that is how this show rolls.Paigedemonstrates she is the smartest and most sane person on this show by suggesting to Emily that they move to the other side of the country after graduation to get away from A. Their relationship is doomed.

Hanna spent most of her time dealing with the fact that her mother probably killed Wilden, and trying to come up with a way to help her. Hanna eventually recruited Mona's help to teach her how to be the Prettiest Little Liar so she could take the fall for her mother, but then Mona swooped in and confessed before Hanna could do it. (It's ok, thanks to a last minute intervention by a bargain-brand Josh Hutcherson, Ashley Marin was released and suspicion was thrown to CeCe Drake).

Caleb got sent to live on a farm upstate, but before that he and Toby played Hardy Boys to try and find out who was on the plane back at the end of season 3. This involved harassing a guy who works at an airfield and is also loving Jenna(?).

Aria, still shaken by things actually happening to her for once, decided to take karate classes for self-defense and ended up loving her teacher, because of course she did. Her brother Mike rematerialized from the nether realm and got into some altercations defending her honor from the guys on his hockey team or whatever it is he plays. Ezra's child turned out to not actually be his, so Maggie and Malcom hosed off to Washington. With this one out of the literally thousands of reasons they should not be together gone, he and Aria resumed their flirtation, culminating in her kissing him in the middle of the one social gathering spot in Rosewood. Oh, and he got his job back at Rosewood high school, because it's been quite the eventful year and a half, careerwise, for Mr. Fitz.

Oh, and Ezra is A. That was another one of his storylines.

Alison is alive, for reals this time, and is sometimes Red Coat. She doesn't know who the gently caress is stalking her, so she keeps herself hidden. Which, I don't know, it seems like she would have figured out who Ezra was, right? Especially if he was board shorts?

What of the rest of the rabble? Mona spent most of the season loving off to look for her secret A van.

Jenna is going blind again, and was put in a coma during Emily's birthday party. Cece Drake is also Red Coat sometimes, but the bad one. She's pissed because she got kicked out of college because that one time Ali broke a girl's neck at a frat party. Shana exists, but no one cares, but since she's the only actress they can afford to include regularly the writers continue to make the PLL insist she's the key to everything even though she is clearly smalltime. Wren long enough to act like a member of the A team, then moved to London with Melissa. Probably.

Meanwhile, in Ravenswood, which premiers after PLL tomorrow night:
Does anyone actually care?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I think they've logistically run out of guys that could be Board Shorts besides Wren and Ezra.

Wilden's dead.
Ian's dead.
Garrett's dead.
Cousin Nate/Lyndon's dead.
Jason is...somewhere. (And it'd be kind of real weird if he was Board Shorts, and even this show would probably steer clear of blood-relation incest.)
Caleb's off helming another tv show.
Toby's already had his A-team fake-out storyline.
Jake will probably disappear now that Aria's back-ish with Ezra.

Both Wren and Ezra are creeper enough that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they'd be involved somehow with a 15-year-old girl. Ezra's had 3+ seasons of mooneyed romance with Aria and Wren's chased both Spencer and Hanna, after all.

The bigger mystery now for me is just what the gently caress Mona's up to if she isn't aligned with Ezra/CeCe.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Mona is just being Mona, people living in an unhyperadrenalized reality just can't understand :colbert:.

I'm so excited for the return, I want to see how hard they're gonna push EzrA.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

TurnipFritter posted:

All this stuff

I read over this and all I could think is how much Dexter would have been had it gone this bugfuck crazy at the end.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Cityinthesea posted:

Mona is just being Mona, people living in an unhyperadrenalized reality just can't understand :colbert:.

I'm so excited for the return, I want to see how hard they're gonna push EzrA.

I truly and sincerely hope it is not a fakeout.

cool kids inc. posted:

I read over this and all I could think is how much Dexter would have been had it gone this bugfuck crazy at the end.

To be fair, PLL has always been at a 9 on the crazy scale, so dialing it up to 11 isn't that big of a deal. But Dexter would have been better if it had involved a swarm of killer bees, yes.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

TurnipFritter posted:

I truly and sincerely hope it is not a fakeout.

It's always possible that it's a fakeout, but I don't think they'd pull the Toby string twice in back to back seasons. Ezra sets up almost perfectly to be the ultimate "guy who tried to kill Alison on That Night". It'd be weird to figure this season ending in April-ish without a real verbal confirmation on the 'who tried to kill Alison' front, and that has to be Ezra or Wren or someone tied to them. Ezra being A/A-adjacent paints everything about his relationship with Aria in an even more disturbing light (eg. if he knew Alison pre-show and had also possibly/probably hooked up with her, he might have known about Aria/Spencer/Hanna/Emily since they were her best friends besides CeCe, thus would know that Aria was definitely a high-school student when they met for the first time in that restaurant).

And besides Ezra/Wren, you still have floating out there: CeCe (seemingly tied to the Alison murderer), Mona, Jenna, Shana, Melissa, even those weird carpenter guys who knew Emily's name back in S3.

(I can't wait to do a full series rewatch after the S4 finale so I can hunt for clues like Spencer.)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I just watched the series, and there weren't many clues for the ArzEhat. He's from a super rich family (means), he's been in a relationship with an underage girl, and he's been slumming it in the far Philadelphia suburbs for some reason despite decent credentials. His best friend from college had no idea about Alison, going by their conversation in s1.

Also, ArzEhole might not be the ringleader of A, even if he's the cause of A/possible attempted murderer of Alison/part of the A Team. It might be his mother. She's got the means, motive, is a terrible, terrible person...

e: Also, hey, PLL was covered in The Atlantic.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 8, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Hanna makes an intelligent suggestion; Spencer, much like the audience, is shocked.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Soon Aria is going to be inarguably the least competent Liar. It's a beautiful thing.

Also Fitz's disarming of Mona made him more of a threat in my estimation than anything else he'd done before. drat, that was good. What the hell was she trying to accomplish, though?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I would rather watch 500000 Mona vs Fitz scenes than even one more line of dialogue about Toby's mother.

Also please someone do something with Toby's hair. It looks even more helmety than before.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I think she was trying to suss him out, so this only made her more suspicious of him, but drat that was some good poo poo :allears: He makes a way better antagonist then protagonist.

Also, did anyone else think that the girl who talked to Emily killed her Allison?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ABCFamily has jumped on the "prove you have cable or wait until next week to stream it" bandwagon, so I guess I'll see y'all next week. You know, when you're all busy discussing what happens on next week's episode.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

TurnipFritter posted:

ABCFamily has jumped on the "prove you have cable or wait until next week to stream it" bandwagon, so I guess I'll see y'all next week. You know, when you're all busy discussing what happens on next week's episode.

At some point we will move past the notion of having to pay separate/additional fees to have both internet and (basic) television.

Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm glad they didn't back away from the Ezra is A thing. I laughed when I saw he was teaching Jekyll and Hyde in class. His conversation with Mona was delightfully menacing.

But that set of Bizarro Liars was kind of strange. It seems so unlikely that a set of four friends with their own missing/dead Alisonesque friend would live a few towns over. This show is built on the unlikely, though, I suppose.

Did anyone watch Ravenwood? They did a big info dump at the beginning of the episode and pretended like all of that information was provided in the previously aired episodes.

Anyway, knowing what the gently caress was going on made the show better, in my opinion. I am moderately interested in watching next week's ep, when before I was only watching because nothing else was on.

• Locked thread