Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Can someone tell me the best mask to use for mission 11 (Deadline) in the first game? It's starting to piss me off and I'd like to be able to move on so I can get more story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

You could probably get good mileage out of any of 'em, but Tony or Willem are good bets.

Turns out I was wrong it was actually mission 10 (still Deadline though) and much to my surprise Tony (and a liberal helping of guns, much to my shame as I try to melee as much as possible) got me through it. Now I'm on like 13 or something, this game needs to be longer. Hopefully the sequel is as good.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Midnight Raider posted:

When it comes to the more obscure masks, I like Dennis because starting with the knife(a deceptively good and speedy weapon) means you can really tear into the start of a level without having to do as much planning or waiting for patrol routes to line up. Tony does similar, sure, but the knife feels even faster to me and can be thrown if you need to.

That said, Willem technically sounds like it could be really cool and maybe change your strategy and gameplay a bit by instantly equipping a weapon from someone you punch, but I've never played it enough to get used to it.

If you punch you'll just knock them down. I'm not sure what it is on a keyboard but with a 360 controller you have to push A to kill them and steal their weapon.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Can anyone tell me what "Dangerous Pickup" is? I've gotten it four times now when it adds up stuff at the end of a level but I have no idea what I did.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Delaio posted:

"Dangerous Pickup" and "Severe Exposure" are big point bonuses you can only get near the end of a stage (the last few guys) if I remember. I think Pickup is for weapon swapping while exposed and exposure is for, well, you can guess that one.

Ahh, I always just referred to it as running around panicking while grabbing whatever was nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Am I correct in believing that what is in the "soundtrack" is in the game files? I thought that was what someone said at some point but I can't remember. I kinda want to make a cd to listen to at some point.

• Locked thread