Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Dinky Duck Race posted:

None of the masks you find are particularly good (one used to be great for easy high scores).

If you're talking about the "Start with a Drill" mask, it's still pretty good for getting high scores.

When I was doing my all A+ run, I always started off trying to full combo the levels. If that didn't work or the enemy density wasn't high enough, I'd just get the drill mask and go to town.

:unsmigghh:

It's such a viscerally satisfying sound/animation. I don't know how they got the sound effect but it's really perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

The ground kill one is kind of killer because it counts frying pans and boiling pots of water which are only found in a couple of specific levels. I think it might also count a pool cue and a broken pool cue as two separate ground kills but maybe not?

As for the throw one there's a hallway in one of the levels where there's a bunch of goons lined up, you just need to pick up a brick beforehand and get the shot just right.

Pool cue and broken pool cue are indeed two separate ground kills. The frying pan/heated frying pan and boiling pot of water/empty pot of water are separate as well. Also if you've never used Carl, that's a special kill too. :unsmigghh:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

The best ground execution is the brick, followed by hammer or dart. :q:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaOtS3AyG0

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Just beat the game; I definitely enjoyed it, I didn't think any levels were that much more frustrating then HLM1. The map design does limit the routes you can take but I didn't run into too many offscreen gun deaths.

Now to try and find out all the stuff I missed when replaying the game on hard. :v:

Edit: And go back and read all the spoilers too.

• Locked thread