Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Khorne posted:

I also hate people who listen to video game soundtracks and turn off music in every game, but I have had this game's soundtrack on my playlist since it came out. The sequel looks like its soundtrack is shaping up nicely.

Dang, bro. No need to make it personal. While I think it's kind of silly to listen to game soundtracks outside of their original context, like on your mp3 player or in your car or whatever, I don't see why you'd have a problem with people listening to them as part of the game. Personally I'll always at least try to play games with their original soundtrack, because it's intended to be a part of the whole experience of playing the game. If it sucks I'm not going to force myself to listen to it, and I'll probably turn it off more times than not, but I'll almost always start out with it on. To use a strained, corny analogy, turning the music off immediately without listening to it is like salting your food before taking a bite after someone else put a lot of effort into making it taste a certain way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Anatharon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbxZHQfyhj8

Cactus posted this fan trailer on his twitter the other day. It's surprisingly well made.

He also mentioned something about a Humble Indie Bundle bonus level, anyone know what it is?

Oh, and rewatching the Rezzed levels at 7:10 I noticed something:
http://youtu.be/beUrlDwf56w?t=7m10s

Tony doesn't seem to be there, but the mysterious driver is.

The driver just looks like a fatter version of the guy with the swan mask. Maybe it's the butcher. v:geno:v

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just now realized why M|O|O|N is written like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Perturbator and a shirt of his.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Random fact: Ash AKA Swan 2, the one who talks and uses the gun is the brother, and Alex/Chainsaw/Swan 1 is the sister.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the one with the chainsaw to be named Ash? Because of Evil Dead and all.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Cheekio posted:

I just finally got the joke in the title. Well played.

I think the "everything comes to an end.." really detracts from it though. Makes it sound too serious.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Anatharon posted:

When I asked Dennis Wedin at E3 what he thought the theme of Hotline Miami 2 was, that's what he told me. :shrug:

And he only said it with two periods, not a full ellipse? That seems pretty unlikely.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 31, 2014

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what the mask that says "Invincible" is supposed to do.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Anatharon posted:

"Over 4 times as big as the first game. 6 acts, and two bonus acts. Act 6 has 22 levels."

:stare:

No wonder it's taking so long to come out.

My uncle works for Nintendo and he can confirm this.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Quick question - what does the special edition of Hot Line Miami 2 do? Can it be undone or it a special edition in the George Lucas sense?

edit: I meant 2

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 25, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

The SE includes the soundtrack, and at some point the game was reworked on to a new engine. I'm fairly sure the Steam release lets you pick between old and new for the minor gameplay differences.

What about 2 that's what I meant to ask.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

That just includes the soundtrack and some bonus stuff for Payday 2, no other differences.

You mean bonus stuff in Payday 2, not additional content in Hotline Miami 2 itself?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing Hotline Miami 2 on PC with an Xbox one controller and I can't figure out how to turn off the vibration. From what I've gathered there's no way to turn it off except on a per game basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just finished playing throught HLM2 and I think I unlocked everything but I'm not sure. There's the Abyss and the Bar of Broken Heroes, but it seems like I'm still missing something, does anything happen with the tapes Evan finds on Richter's desk? I thought one of them would be the one from Jacket's answering machine and they'd do something with that. Also what about the locked room in Richter's house?

Anyway, I enjoyed HLM2 but compared to the first one it felt like going from Twin Peaks season 1 to season 2. There's one plot that resolves too early and then it splits into too many subplots that don't really go anywhere. I liked how the first one was open ended and ambiguous but still satisfying.

And gameplay-wise I didn't like some of the wide open areas where it was too easy to get sniped from off screen. The soldier/clerk levels were especially bad about this. I also didn't like how few levels there were with the Fans, or how they give you choices for characters/masks/weapons but only on a few levels, with there being more choices than levels to use them in. I still liked the game overall, especially the Fans, Richter, and Son levels.

• Locked thread