Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I cannot wait to see what everyone's interpretation to what Hotline Miami 2 "should" be. It's going to be great.

Speaking of the level editor, even if we don't get the story tools in it, considering how easy it's been to get into the level editor already, I wonder if we'll be able to hack in new sprites/enemies/story elements and so on? Maybe some workshop support to make that official? I just want to make Hotline Miami 1.5: Biker fucks up poo poo in Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mesadoram posted:

So Richter was in jail twice?

Once when Jacket went on his rampage, then when he was in the riot?

He got moved to a bigger correctional facility after Jacket's assault as opposed to just being in a police station holding cell for the duration of his prison sentence.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mesadoram posted:

Sort of makes sense, he could have just left after Jacket killed every loving person in there though...

Or Jacket never let him out so he was just stuck in a jail cell until back up arrived.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mesadoram posted:

*Jacket opens the door, covered from head to toe in blood*
Jacket: ...
Richter: Sup
*Jacket closes the door and runs off*
Richter: Ok...

I mean, he could have beat the poo poo out of him and relocked the door on the way out. We're never going to know exactly what happened, just that they both walked away from it, and Richter ended up in a state/federal prison.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Guys you can do First Trial really fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4M5lXmDTU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm planning on making a series of levels with Biker for the 'what if Biker figured out the password and killed the janitors' option. I think that would have led to a very different Hotline Miami 2. Mostly with a lot of Biker rear end kicking. :black101:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
You can do some crazy stuff with Corey's extended dodge roll.

https://gfycat.com/ThoroughFatherlyHanumanmonkey

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

And then he gets called into work because the pig butcher gunned everyone down.

So did that actually happen? That's what I was assuming when he got that call, but they never elaborate on it so I have no idea.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

ArfJason posted:

of course i do, but that won't save you from a stream of 24 m4 bullets, and he found out the hard way

https://gfycat.com/ThoroughFatherlyHanumanmonkey

Incorrect!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

Richard says he's the opposite reason to why the writer was making his book. The writer makes his book because he wants to find out something, seek closure and justify his neglect of his family. Richard mocks the desire for closure and instead questions why they're doing the things they are. The only person he says is good is Richter, because he takes responsibility for his actions.

I think this is why he's regretful about Beard. Yes, he's referring to Jacket being what spawned Richard as a personification of death, but also, Beard never really did anything to deserve what happened to him. Yes, he killed people, but it was a war. Russians were invading Hawaii. He was just following orders. For all intents and purposes, he's an innocent who happened to get caught up in a random act of violence. That, to me, was why Richard seemed regretful about Beard's death.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I know I'm a day too late for the Bloodbath contest, but still have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dOaseOuPU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

widespread posted:

You best be sharin'. Whether by CC or other means. Wish there were nunchakus in 2k15.

I uploaded him. Search for Hotline and you'll find him. I can also upload the moveset I made for him if you want.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Anatharon posted:

Those are both pretty disappointing things.

I'm actually looking forward to the restrictions because it's going to make me think outside the box. Y'all gotta stop being so down on this game!

Better yet: The Robbers, with the entire cast. :getin:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

quote:

UPDATE2: Thanks for all the feedback! I've added a couple of features on my to do list. You will now be able to add some environmental effects, like rain, darkness or sunshine to your levels, and I almost forgot the elevators. The limitation for no cutscenes in a level with enemies has been removed, as I figured out a couple of ways to go around it. I'm also going to look at the possibility for creating levels for specific masks/fans as that would indeed be cool to see.

From the Dennaton blog. I have a stupid amount of things planned for a Biker campaign, so I'm glad to see that they're finding ways around the limits they thought they had.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

J-Pak posted:

I installed the latest version, and I still seem to be getting some mouse acceleration. I did a search and all these issues on various forums/Steam seemed to be from roughly three months ago and then never mentioned again. I think the last person to bring it up in this thread was back on page 40.

I've disabled vsync in game (and since it is patched vsync does remain turned off), have enhanced pointer precision turned off in Windows and have tried full screen and borderless. And tried playing with the mouse sensitivity sliders in game. Right now I'm using one arrow click more sensitive than the default middle setting. Turning vsync off did help tremendously, but the mouse movements still feel slightly off compared to the first game which was very fluid. For instance it seems like I can flick 180 degrees instantly, but trying to do a slight few degree adjustment to aim at something will be slower than it should.

Any other suggestions to try out?

Vsync off and turning controller mode to digital fixed it for me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Who is that he's got in the level? That doesn't look like any character I've ever seen.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Oh weird. Must be the daylight effect that's throwing off his color scheme.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The songs that stick out to me as "bad" are the ones that are more atmospheric like disturbance, chamber of reflections, Java, and so forth. They try a bit too hard to be atmosphere first and songs second. The first game had such great mood setting tracks. Imagine fitting Silver Lights somewhere in Hotline Miami 2. It would blow the rest of the atmospheric tracks away. Black Tar is the one exception, I want more tracks like that.

How anyone can call a soundtrack with Voyager, Decade Dance, Remorse, Bloodline, She Swallows Burning Coals, Future Club, Technoir and Fahkeet mediocre is beyond me though. :colbert:

Edit: Holy poo poo how did I forget Dubmoon's Richard, NARC, the Way Home, and Slum Lord. And Divide. And Hotline Theme. I think I just named half the soundtrack. Y'all are crazy.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 4, 2015

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Sleeveless posted:

I think that in retrospect Run is one of my favorite tracks precisely because the opening is so dirty and noisy that it's almost the complete opposite of the more forgettable ambient tracks.

Totally agree. I wish there was more like that.

Stargate posted:

You didn't even mention the Carpenter Brut songs. Or Sexualizer.

Did I have to?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I was planning on making an alternate universe story with Biker, Manny and The Henchman in 1992 after the 50 Blessings Movement fizzled after Biker killed the two leaders. Maybe that'll scratch the itch? v:v:v

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Should have laid off the Glamburgers.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So did anyone figure out a way to zoom and scroll around the editor? I can't seem to figure it out and it's rather... limiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So what's the level making process everyone's finding works for them? I started doing room by room, testing as I went, but it's way too slow and it ends up feeling super disjointed. Should I just build the floor first and then mess around with the details/enemies?

Also is there a way for Henchman to start with his gun equipped?

• Locked thread