Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Khorne posted:

This is my favorite murder simulator, in the words of the late Jack Thompson.

He's still kicking, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Didn't Cactus post on SA for a while, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

What about the huge black guys you can only kill with a shotgun?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

When you get down to it, Tyler Durden's cool, he's good looking (being played by Brad Pitt will do that), he commands respect... Basically the polar opposite of everyone in these games. HLM nailed the seediness and depravity of the setting. Fight Club, as much as I love the movie, made folks think 'drat, getting punched in the face by strangers is loving awesome!'

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Accordion Man posted:

Nuuvem has it cheap too, $8.86. They also have the Digital Deluxe version if you want it.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2688-hotline-miami-2-wrong-number

I tried using this link, but it's saying it's unavailable in my region (UK). Any Britgoons had success with this? Failing that, anyone able to help me get a copy?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Plague is a Clive Barker work? Suddenly very interested!

Capn Beeb posted:

Honestly this trailer doesn't really hit the vibe the movie puts out. This, on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gfMLu9EPWY

:q:

It certainly fits the thread more, but it feels like it gives too much of the plot away. I prefer the music in the other trailer as well (Johnossi - Mavericks, if you're interested).

You're Next also turns into a very black comedy after a certain point. Almost like a hyper-violent Loony Toons cartoon. And if you know/recognise who Ti West is, part of the dinner scene becomes even funnier.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Second Fans level is an exercise in frustration, woo.

The first floor's really awesome because it's shitloads of tiny rooms with loads of doors and vectors of approach. Second one is a big warehouse surrounded by a vast corridor full of guys with guns and also dogs :q:

It's weird, I don't remember being bothered by dying in the first one, but because the floors are a lot bigger now you lose more progress and it's more of an annoyance.

I loved that stage with Tony. Managed to get 10+ combos with little effort. Can't wait to see full combo vids of that stage in a week or two.

There aren't collectables this time around, are there? Keep feeling like I'm missing something.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So people are saying that there's ammo crates in the Vietnot levels? Anyone got a screenshot, because I don't think I've seen any.

I've honestly never had a level with dogs where Dogespin hasn't occurred. It's magical, in its own way.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Oh, thank god, I thought that was just me.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Haven't seen anyone mention this, but the plot of HLM2 reminds me of the backstory/ARG to Nine Inch Nails' album, Year Zero.

You've got America embroiled in meaningless wars, vigilantes on killing sprees, a being/mass-hallucination known as 'The Presence', and at the end, seemingly all life on Earth is wiped out as The Presence descends on mankind.

Substitute Richard for The Presence and throw in a nuclear bomb, and it works pretty well. And if you include a scene of cars having sex, you could add Southland Tales into the mix as well!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Songbearer posted:

There needs to be a DLC pack that replaces Jake's snake masks with a set of fedoras instead.
M' assacre.

Help Im Alive posted:

Trying to attack him without being in rage mode literally crashed my game four times

This game is so buggy

The first time the game crashed for me, I was swinging for him with a bat. It crashed mid-swing and actually looked cool as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

MonsterEnvy posted:

An interpretation I saw was He was planting one of his victim's wallets in the house in order to frame Alex and/or Ash as the Miami Mutilator. When the time came he was going to use it to frame and arrest her, then become famous for catching the Miami Mutilator. Then he could have movies based on his heroic's come out.

Related to this I think he knew that there was a group of them, but he only actually knew A&A. He mentions that her house was Ash's last known address, so her brother at least, likely has priors. From there, he frames one or both of them as the Mutilator, then goes 'oh wait, they had accomplices!', then the case gets even bigger and he gets hailed as the bestest hero ever!

• Locked thread