Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

So what does the representative mafia-Owl being dead in the later Bug Room episode represent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

I didn't think they had much more details than three horizontal strikes across a circle.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

The nailgun's curious property of not being able to execute dudes slumped against walls always bit me in the rear end somehow.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

He failed to stop the Biker and was in the same room as a computer with super volatile 50 Blessings information. When you have a security risk like that, what's one masked maniac among dozens?

I also just realized that the cheery pretense of the 50B phone handlers is based on Ghost Wolves radio code.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

gently caress Demolition. I'm not talking about the puzzle at the start, but an A+ seems to require pulling a 25x combo or something on the second floor.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

We've been arguing about it for some pages, but the fact is that both Jacket and Biker are very much alive after their meeting at the phone company.

The most sensible explanation I've heard so far is that after an even struggle Jacket got his rear end kicked, limped back home and just glossed the whole thing over in his feverish headshot coma dream.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Biker also mentions in his face-to-face that he couldn't puzzle together a satisfactory explanation for the calls and the janitors also lived to visit and mock Richter in prison two years later, so I'm guessing the "official" epilogue was that Biker didn't find the password, took some lip from the janitors and left without deigning to murder them.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Where'd the bomb shelter thing come from? It's been a few years since 50 Blessings came under heavy scrutiny what with Jacket's rampage and criminal investigation, no wonder they'd abandon their old digs and go underground. It always looked more like a creepy paramilitary compound than an actual emergency shelter, anyway.

The fact that the killers in the back are sporting 19 of the original HLM masks (with a chance for some of the missing ones laying around, like Earl, Graham and Jake) gives me the vibe that it's a fourth wall something-or-other where your search for answers is countered by the first game personally telling you to gently caress off.

e: did the first game have any reference to a NE 101st Street? That's the only other address we can see on the disk printouts.

scamtank fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 13, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Anyone know off the top of their head whether the Richard mask in Abyss has teeth and blinks?

He doesn't have either, it stood out to me when I went in to screenshot and count the gang. It's an actual mask and not an Uncle Richard story trip.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Not this time. The resources aren't open like that anymore.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Yeah, it was just a nightmare he had. He goes and digs the revolver out of the drawer to make sure that he didn't forget it on the crime scene with his prints on it. He's definitely getting more and more paranoid to the point where he's barricaded himself in by the time the bombs go off.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Even the "yea i killed children heh" in the dream interview comes across like he's fantasizing the edgiest poo poo he can come up with IN FRONT OF A LIVE AUDIENCE!! as he goes. I never noticed the name connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Geight posted:

Corey's roll is an exercise in Getting Good.

If you're cornered by a wounded fat guy, rolling straight between his legs can give you the second or two you need to bleed him out.

• Locked thread