Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I'm so goddamn excited for this. Everything about the first one was great, and I still listen to the soundtrack all the time.

I watched some of that gameplay reveal, but it was one of those "first 5 minutes of gameplay!" type videos. Personally I like that stuff to be experienced when I actually play the game, so I just skipped around. It looks just as brutal though. I'm also really glad they're continuing the story instead of starting a new one, my friend and I are still talking about what the hell actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

"Dangerous Pickup" and "Severe Exposure" are big point bonuses you can only get near the end of a stage (the last few guys) if I remember. I think Pickup is for weapon swapping while exposed and exposure is for, well, you can guess that one.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Lets get this thing back on track! I went and looked up every Hotline Miami 2 article and video I could find. And I learned a few things that I don't think have been mentioned in this thread yet:

-Zebra Mask - allows you to climb through windows
-Hard Mode - Get an C+(A+?) to unlock hard mode for the level. Hard mode changes game mechanics, like removing lock on.
-Should be longer than the first. At very least there will be more levels.
-There is a possibility of a map maker
-Dennaton is staunchly opposed to making a 3rd HM game.

Personally I'm really hoping for the map maker, since they really don't want to do another one after this. Going through user generated maps could add tons of longevity to this game.

And as a bonus, here's a list of questions the devs were tired of hearing posted outside the demo trailer at Gamescom:

Dennaton Games posted:

"When is it out for PS4/Vita?"

"Why is it so hard?"

"Isn't it a bit violent?"

"Do you like hurting people?"

"Why do you call it a sequel when it is pretty much the same game?" - under that particular question they ask "Do you ask Activision that too? (EA, Ubisoft)"

"Which story is the true story, Jackets or Bikers?"

"Why is it in pixelgraphics?"

"Was 'Drive' a big inspiration for you?"

"Why are you drinking beer at 9:30 in the morning?"

"Can I take a picture of this?"

Requested_Username posted:

So any word on a release date yet?

Still just 2014 as far as I know.

Delaio fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 17, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Where'd you get the jacket and what tips have you for creating such wonderful blood spatter?

The jacket is a softball jacket from a local school (Crescent Valley Softball) found at a thrift store. I wasn't around when he put on the blood, but I think it was food coloring/water/corn syrup from a spray bottle. It looked great but make him sticky as hell.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Captain Walker posted:

Haven't been following this game but I just beat the first one. What a ride. Makes Killer7 look like fuckin' Mario. No word on a trailer or release yet?

Most recent thing I've seen was the ps blog saying it's coming out this fall. That's for ps4 though, and I'm not sure if it's getting launched on all platforms simultaneously.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Holy poo poo that trailer. I cannot wait for dodge rolls and akimbo. And another difficulty means I can A+ all the levels twice.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

It's apparently cross-buy as well. So I guess another thing to do while waiting for Destiny.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Reive posted:

So does that mean if we already own it we can just download it on ps4?

Yeah, cross buy is pretty cool.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Anatharon posted:

The Biker levels are the best part of the game though.

Second. Biker levels loving ruled. Knives all day every day.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously I'm way more excited for the new soundtrack than the actual game and it's a loving bummer that you can't buy it. I hope it shows up on Bandcamp or something soon.

HLM Twitter posted:

The full Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number soundtrack will be available to purchase on Steam as well - MP3 and FLAC included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

In the same boat. Because the other guy earlier had a bad camera, I took some shots of the whole thing. Here you guys go:

So loving cool.

• Locked thread