Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I would but I already preordered the 3 vinyl ultimate super collector's edition :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Geight posted:

I really wanted to justify purchasing that, but I don't know where I'd store 3 cool-rear end vinyl records, much less how I'd find something that could play them.

Yeah well I live in Austin where ever other person is a music nerd with a stack of vinyls in their closet, so it didn't seem so strange to me. :cheeky:

I wish I had an LP of the original game's soundtrack

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Joke's on me for buying the special vinyl edition; hasn't even shipped yet.

They said the second wave of shipping was supposed to go out in March. Its March and they haven't sent out the first yet.

Bah. :argh: Why couldn't they just email us steam codes instead of having some dumb scratch off?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I haven't even gotten an email about my record shipping and I ordered back in December :(

Same, back in December. Haven't heard anything, emailed them and haven't heard back. They don't have store accounts so I can't look up the order status or anything.

Iam8bit sucks. Hotline guys should have found a better partner.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Of course, I complain and promptly get my shipping confirmation email.

Did the same. What a joke.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ybrik posted:

My camera sucks
Edit:
1a. 1. the green kingdom-untitled
2. magna-divide
3. cinimod-the rumble
4 carpenter brut-le peru

1b. 1. light club-blizzard
2. jasper byrne-voyager
3. scattle-bloodline
4. el tigr3-she swallowed burning coals
5. mega drive-slum lord

2a. 1. perturbator-future club
2. vestron vulture-new wave hookers
3. perturbator-technoir
4. benny smiles-hotline miami theme
5. el huervo-rust

2b. 1. carptentur brut-roller mobster
2. iamthekidyouknowhatimean-run
3. jasper byrne-decade dance
4. perturbator-sexualizer
5. life companions-untitled

3a. 1.chromacle-interlude
2. mega drive-acid spit
3. m|o|o|n-quixotic
4. magic sword-the way home

3b. 1. light club-fahkeet
2. magic sword-in the face of evil
3. scattle-rmorse
4. magadrive-narc
5. m|o|o|n-dust

Surprised there's so little perturbator and M|o|o|n after the first soundtrack, especially considering this is 3 vinyls' worth of music, but I guess Hotline Miami is A Thing now and they can get even more artists involved.

Its gonna be :krad: for sure, mine arrives in a few days :dance:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

The vinyls aren't the complete OST, just a selection, remember.

Ah that makes sense. I guess I assumed it was everything since it was more than 1 or 2 LPs, but nope.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

On the one hand the facts of the report are more or less all true, and yeah the fact that the game has the option to disable it kinda catches them red-handed. Clearly they recognize themselves that there's some issue.

On the other hand the way I read the report made it sound to somebody who has never seen Hotline before like it was very graphically violent, when you can't really even be all that detailed with gore when the characters are like 8 pixels each.

They should probably just make a version that doesn't ask you which opening you want and forces the censored opening and then Australia will probably sign off on that. :shrug:

WickedHate posted:

It'd still be triggering

Are you seriously using 'triggering' in an unironic sense?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hotline Miami 2 has a level editor?! How did I not know this? Oh drat this is gonna be good times.

Awwww yeah wake up and feel the grunge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeDysZS80w :krad:

CJacobs posted:

For those interested, here's PD2 Jacket (with sunglasses mask). Popular opinion is that he looks kinda like Michael Cera. The voice recorder he uses for all his lines is kinda spooky/cool.

Looks weird but it'll be fine when he has a rooster mask on :shrug:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

drat, they really didn't like it.

This part is good though

quote:

There is another, powerful thing the game gets right, and that's the soundtrack. Your copy comes with almost fifty lossless tracks by artists like Jasper Byrne, Carpenter Brut, M.O.O.N, Perturbator. The experience is enormously enhanced by their work. That crash-prone five-stage mission is accompanied by Carpenter Brut's Roller Mobster, and despite listening to it on the way to work for the last couple of months and having now listened to it over and over during two unnecessary additional attempts at that mission, it's still loving rad.

null posted:

Is there any way to preload on Steam?

Normally yes but this game is like 200MB. Its per-developer / per-game and it looks like Hotline didn't set it up. But again, its gonna be a tiny download.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The story's going to be all over the place with 10 protagonists. I don't care I never played HM1 for the plot.

Yeah pretty much. The plot is just a thing for you to go :wtc: in between playing missions over and over.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.gamersedition.com/product/hotline-miami

$60 Hotline Miami 1&2 ultimate collector's edition

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

I bought the normal Hotline Miami 2, can I trade it back to get the deluxe addition to get the Payday 2 content?

explosivo posted:

I just realized the free Payday 2 Jacket character only comes with the digital deluxe edition, and I already preordered the normal one. I'm kind of screwed if I changed my mind post-purchase, aren't I?

Edit: Hmm, apparently Steam might actually refund the original one according to their support page if I buy the deluxe now and create a support ticket.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Reviews aren't critical analysis, they're more like consumer evaluations, so it really doesn't matter if PC Gamer doesn't like it, because in a couple of hours the game will unlock and I'll be able to judge it for myself.

Treat videogame reviews as rotten tomatoes ratings, not as absolute artistic value or merit.

If a game gets a 40%, that doesn't mean its necessarily a bad game, it just means that around 40% of people will think its cool while a mainstream game that gets a 90% just means that more people are going to like it. Those people could be totally wrong :colbert:

But yeah if you let videogame reviews make up your decisions for you then ... well, that's stupid.

Game looks like exactly what I expected.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Is there no pre-loading on Steam? I suppose it probably isn't a big game, but still...

FFS

null posted:

Is there any way to preload on Steam?

Zaphod42 posted:

Normally yes but this game is like 200MB. Its per-developer / per-game and it looks like Hotline didn't set it up. But again, its gonna be a tiny download.

null posted:

Ok thanks, I thought that might be the case since it's not a huge game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

weekly font posted:

If you trust reviews for much, in any medium, you are doing it wrong. Reviewing has become way more about "this is the plot and why I liked it bleep bloop" so you don't have to form your own opinion as opposed to any sort of meaningful criticism (most of the time).

Plus there's always doritospope.

Anatharon posted:

Reading reviews I'm glad that they didn't go for the lowest common denominator now that Hotline Miami is popular.

"Freeform choice."

How many people used more then 3-4 masks?

Yeah I used Dennis and George the whole game. What about you guys?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hotline Miami 2 is the Dark Souls of Top Down Murder Simulators

Its like Skyrim with guns.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The review specifically points out large parts of the game where you can't pick up certain weapons. That's what I mean by freeform, the part of the game where you can approach a level in multiple ways and use every tool available.

That's with one specific character, and it sounds maybe optional? Not sure.

Anatharon posted:

I'll have to play it myself to find out for sure but do they mean in the case that they aren't there? Because not all enemy factions use the same weapons. (Like Police don't have lead pipes or Skorpions)

Or that you straight up can't use some weapons that drop?

No, they mean you can't use them. Its a new mask effect, sorta. (Not actually a mask but a person; same thing)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VisAbsoluta posted:

Perhaps you can play those as you want after you finish the game?

Yeah I would expect to be able to play those levels as other characters.

Worst case you could remake them using the level editor :shrug:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quote:

Please note that the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Digital Special Edition does not include the full soundtrack.

repiv posted:

Yep, someone screwed up when making the Steam package. Both the OST and the Remix EP are there in both MP3 and FLAC without buying the soundtrack separately.

:lol:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

They DID say it'd be more of everything in the first game.

:lol:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

repiv posted:

Yep, someone screwed up when making the Steam package. Both the OST and the Remix EP are there in both MP3 and FLAC without buying the soundtrack separately.

Went home on my lunch break and downloaded the game, I only have the remix EP, not the full game. Did you get the collector's edition or whatever? (Isn't the remix EP supposed to be unique to the special ultimate edition? I have the regular edition... because I bought the Vinyl collector's edition. None of this makes sense. Whatever)

Whatever though, have the game!

Holy poo poo that pause screen :stare:

Uhhhhh my aim controls were working at first but now the dude refuses to look any direction other than the one he's currently locked in. This game needs some patches.

Apply changes on the graphics menu does nothing. Stuck at 1440 even though native is 1920. Comeon game.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 10, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Call me lovely but I'm stuck on the first loving level (second after the prologue)

The downstairs was super easy but holy gently caress the upstairs is infuriating. There's just no easy way to deal with this. If I focus on the guys in the room to the right, the guys below kill me. Focus on the guys below, guys to the right kill me. I can't see the guys below without zooming, but if I'm zooming to line up a shot then its too hard to react fast enough to swivel around and kill the guys coming from the other direction in time. I feel like the game is too loving fast-paced to respond in time, so I have to just play methodically and make sure to only agro one or two guys at a time, which is just frustrating with how unreliable the AI code is.

Uggggggh :argh: I'm loving the soundtrack and the style but this first level is already pretty bullshit. I can't imagine how anybody who didn't play HM1 would feel, although I guess why wouldn't you play HL1 first.

Seriously I have to put this down, its really pissing me off. Playing a level over and over to try different approaches works great and gets you into a groove. Dying within the first .2 seconds though, and respawning endlessly to die after .2 seconds isn't loving fun :v: I need more of a chance to actually get somewhere.

Maybe after work I'll give it another shot, but I really don't want to play that upstairs level again. But if this is the first level, its only going to get worse, isn't it? :smith:
I had no trouble beating all the levels on HM1. Some of them took me awhile, but I never died as fast as I do here while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 10, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:siren: Level editor is not actually in-game yet, "coming in spring" :siren:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Just cleared it all in a single combo with the chain or whatever (only just started playing the game), it was harder than the first game's first level but it's far from "bullshit". Took a bunch of tries but the best way to start for me was to run to the room on the right and take out the two guys up top with one swipe, then turn around and take out the third guy before he cuts you. By that time the pistol guy in the hallway might or might not be in the doorway and if he is you can just run or dodge roll to him and kill him too. After that just go in whichever order you want, any lone guy can be taken out by rolling to him and if there's a guy near a door just bust through it and roll to the other guy who's still standing and hit him, then kill the other guy who was knocked down by the door afterwards.

Also you can always break line of sight to deal with anyone with a gun, if they see you show up in a doorway or behind a corner they will run to your melee range for easy kills. Overall t really wasn't particularly different from the levels in the first game so if you cleared that, the only reason you can't clear that stage is because you've gotten rusty.

I guess I just need to Git Gud or maybe I'm too rusty.

But I blew through like the first 6 levels of Hotline Miami 1 without much issue before it started to get really hard.

Hotline Miami 2 has a pathetically easy tutorial level and then it immediately ramps up to being as hard as the last levels of HM1. That feels odd to me. A gentler curve would have been nice.

Like seriously if you just put a door in one of these two hallways on this first level it would be SO much more manageable, but as-is I just keep getting shot as soon as I loving start playing, every single time. I can't even try new things. And that's really frustrating. I need options here.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I lolled at the "This has a twist nobody's gonna like" line at the beginning, the tone in the first game was little more trippy which was fun but don't dislike the tone in this one either.

As fun as the first one so far in general.

One of the reviewers did say that one of the last levels does something that "you've never seen in a game before" :shrug:

I think the biggest problem tonally is that Hotline Miami 1 was this almost flash-game type newgrounds thing that came out of nowhere, people were discovering it and not sure what to expect out of it, it was really fresh and sounded cool and had weird stuff you didn't understand and you went in with no expectations.

HM2 we know exactly what to expect, so we the audience are just in a vastly different frame of mind than we were for the first, which makes the experience different.

Makes me think they should have changed more things up. I can't complain about more of the same though, I got what I expected.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kanfy posted:

I tried again and whipped up a quick and dirty 15-second webm of me clearing it with an A+. I fumble around a bit since I'm not used to the controls yet and obviously the enemy placement changes but my point is that it's the same style that worked in the first game, namely always keeping on the move. Certainly no need to be particularly slow and methodical, at least with that level.

What the gently caress? Maybe its just bad timing, but I can't do this. I tried doing exactly that like 8 times; If I run for the right room like you do, everybody in the lower room agros to me and they come and shoot me in the back before I've finished them off. I tried running past the right room for that very reason, but then when I hit the people down below the people in the right come running out and shoot me. I can't go fast enough, they agro way too quick.

I'll record a webm myself after work if I'm still stuck.

VisAbsoluta posted:

You are overreacting. Your skills must be rusty from HM1, it's not particularly difficult. You just have to time getting down to enter the room to the right, if you do it way too fast you will get shot.

I just made a quick gif to show (assuming this is the part you are referring to):

http://gfycat.com/HappyYellowishErin

The dude from below agros you and stands there and doesn't shoot, wtf. When I do that all 3 guys from below agro and they come out guns a-blazing. I'm dead before I can finish with the room.

I guess I just gotta get the timing down, but I'm doing this WHILE zooming ahead and looking at the timing.

Both of you just charge in there without looking. Maybe something's buggy?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 10, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Posting in mid-play session to say that this is probably the most frustrating video game I've ever played. The AI seems even more random and psychic than in the first game, and the bigger rooms and tiny FOV mean it's way easier to get shot from offscreen or bum-rushed by a million dudes. I'm having a lot of fun but MAN I forgot how batshit hard this game is.

This is exactly what I'm feeling.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VisAbsoluta posted:

It's not that he stands there without shooting, it's that I broke his LOS with the wall there.

Are you sure you aren't using any firearms to aggro everybody down there like that? It pretty much never happens here.

I tried it several times both ways, but seeing both of you doing it with the melee makes me think that'll be easier, so yeah I'll stick to trying it melee style.

I guess melee vs guns is at least ONE option that I have in the .5 seconds before instant-death-restart.

And if you broke his LOS shouldn't he start running into the room already? I guess he didn't have time?
The whole thing seems so awkwardly inconsistent.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Got home and played some more, that same 2nd floor of the first level section still frustrated the poo poo out of me and took several several several tries. I did pass it though.

Afterwards I blitzed through the next like 5 levels like nothing. So there's just something awkward about that 2nd floor that fucks with me.

I feel like 90% of the time when I die, its because I was shot by somebody offscreen. That's not really fun gameplay.

Also the non-deterministic stuff is just frustrating; the levels should be deliberate. Why not make it consistent in which enemy spawns where and has which weapon? Supposed to make it more unpredictable? You just die and do it over again is all that happens.

The story does have me interested though. The detective obviously has some weird poo poo going on, and oh my god.

That fat guy.
That loving goon.
Is that a fanny pack or a green karate belt he's wearing?
He walks into a tattoo shop and asks for the Confederate flag, and when they can't do it right there he insults the establishment and storms out.

Okay game, you've got my curiosity. :allears: And this next level is all kinds of trippy.

All the VHS effects are :krad: and holy poo poo the soundtrack is so so so good.

But I keep getting stuck on little bits of geometry, its frustrating trying to tell which objects you can use for cover and which you can't, which the enemy can see through/over and which they can't, etc. Bleh.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 11, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

God drat this is the best videogame sound track of all time. OF ALL TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pmQ8PqYFk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SkyEnzo posted:

Im Australian, you know, the country that bloody banned the game?

Devs told us to pirate it but I wish I didnt have to. I like supporting devs that entertain me and my personal opinion in pirating games is a dirty one. Each to their own of course but I just cant bring myself to do it.

I guess this time round I have to bite the bullet and 'steal' the game.

Really is a shame too. These devs really deserve my money unlike most games Ive purchased.

Is Hotline Miami 1 available Down Under? If so, you could pay it forward and gift a few copies around, and the right people would get your money in the end.

When the devs themselves tell you to pirate it, go ahead. :yarr:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Yes, it's the rape scene that caused it apparently.

Speaking of which the scene disappointed me. There basically is no point to it, despite what the Dennaton said prior to release. Maybe in a meta sense but still.

Yeah I think it just comes down to ~ my artistic freedom ~ which is not nothing, but at the same time they probably should have just released a neutered version to AU skipping that one little scene. No biggie. :shrug:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Whoever said that this is the Doom 2 to Doom 1 is completely and utterly right. Those games were largely the same, but Doom 2's level design was nowhere near as clean and simple as Doom 1's, which wound up working against it. In Doom 2 there were still a bunch of fun and memorable missions, but the run n' gun gameplay of the original was severely hampered by levels which punished you for rushing through them until you got very, very good, enemies who were a lot more annoying than they should be and mechanics that needed to be exploited rather than mastered. There were a lot of people who liked Doom 2, but it felt like a departure from the simplicity of the first.

It's the same here. The core gameplay of HLM2 is still very fun, the Fans feel great to play as, there are a fair few characters who have mechanics that could be a lot of fun but the level design works against you in very major ways to ensure they never really get to have their full potential. What made the original game great is still present and accounted for: The first 7 or so levels are incredible fun, but then the game gets too ambitious and the simplicity of the game just isn't there anymore. Not in a way that's entertaining at least: You'll play this game in a method that works, not a method that's fun. Corner popping and a giant pile of guns and bodies isn't anywhere near as cool as blitzing through hallways as Corey blasting people and rolling weapon to weapon, but that's what you gotta do later on.

Nail -> Head

Still enjoying it, but this is definitely the Doom2 to HLM's Doom1.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Things this game kinda needs a few minor enhancements.

Ability to drop guns without flinging them across the room, possibly behind things you can't get to to pick them back up.
Ability to select between things on the ground to pick up without just picking them up and dropping them over and over to cycle.
Way to melee kill people who are crawling on the ground if you don't feel like going through the whole execution animation that can get you killed.

I remember a few other things I wanted while playing but I can't remember right now.

HM1 had more of a focus on melee, guns were pretty disposable, and the whole game was faster, so these things didn't matter as much. Also for the longest time you were invincible during executions; not crazy about that change.

HM2 though I feel forced to try to exploit the enemy more often, pull them to doorways, etc. So it needs to give more refined controls. There's been a few levels where I ran through punching everybody as Tony and it worked great, but on others...

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 12, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Doors are hard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Some dumb idiot posted:

If we're doing Doom/Doom 2 comparisons we might as well say Doom 2's campaign was poo poo outside of a few levels but it gave modders a assload of new toys and tools to use to make really good levels. :colbert:

Yep, and the level editor may be the part of HM2 I'm most looking forward to :v:

Too bad we don't get it for awhile.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Yeah it actually does make sense.

The Soldier fights a losing battle in Hawaii. The General is furious that America will lose and somewhat insane. The Soldier saves Jacket, returns home, and dies when San Fransico is nuked by Russia... So that there can be a paralell for the American battles with Japan in WW2? Either way, he was the bearded storekeeper from the first game but he never actually was there. Jacket simply saw him there in his coma dreams.

Jake joins 50 Blessings. He's initially confused by the missions but in a stroke of insight connects 50 Blessings to the missions. He either is wounded by the mafia and executed by Petrov (the guy the Writer speaks to in his first mission) or completes his mission. Afterwards a 50 Blessings handler picks him up under the pretense of needing to speak to Jake about Jake's ideas in private, then executes him because Jake was way too dumb to be trusted so he was executed as a precaution.

The Pig Butcher is falling into his lust for violence and insanity. The director of the film tricks the actress playing Jacket's girlfriend in the movie into shooting him with a loaded gun, presumably because he gets off on it.

The Henchman does one last job, but his girlfriend steals his money and car. He then falls into depression and is executed by the Fans.

The Fans decide to start killing gangsters and lowlifes, partially for their own personal reasons, partially for a desire for fame, partially for a desire to be like Jacket. After succeeding on a few runs, they bite off more then they can chew by assaulting a mafia headquarters. Ultimately they are all ambushed and killed by the mafia's new boss. Tony manages to escape but is, surprise surprise, executed.

The Detective is a serial killer known as the Miami Mutilator that he's been chasing, though it might be a case of split identity. He ultimately starts having nightmares about it and barricades himself in his apartment.

The Writer writes a book. Or maybe he doesn't. Also he interviews Jacket. His main purpose in the plot is interviewing Richter and giving Manny, the detective, someone to talk to.

Richter reveals a little bit about the first game. He drew the 50 Blessings marks because he figured they were pranks. When he was instructed to kill people, he ignored them until one day his car was torched and his mother's life was threatened. He was then forced into compliance. Jacket spared him and he was sent to federal prison. He managed to escape during a riot, then fled to Hawaii. Evan (the writer) interviews him and gets Richter's mom a plan ticket so she can escape to Hawaii, too.

The Son wants to make his father (the final boss of the first game) proud and he thinks the best way to do that is to rebuild the Miami mafia. He does this by systematically destroying the operations of their rivals, the Colombians. Ultimately he storms the mansion of the Colombians, killing their leader with a sneak attack from his men. Afterwards, he becomes sort of listless and overdoses on drugs, causing him to have hallucinations just as the Fans assault his new base. In his terrifying hallucinations he kills a number of his own men, most of the Fans, and walks off the roof of his skyscraper.

Throughout the game there's 10 newsclippings. They indicate that Russian-American relations are getting even worse. 50 Blessings stages a coup either because they want to destroy Russia in a global scale murder-suicide or... Who knows, really. As a result Russia and the USA obliterated each other with nuclear weapons.

Ultimately nothing of importance happened. Everyone other then The Soldier (who dies somewhat happy) dies unfulfilled and unhappy.

Jacket was put on death row but died during the nuclear bombing of the USA.

Biker survived the fight with Jacket. He discovered the truth behind the phone calls but couldn't find the janitors. He fled to the desert where he met someone who terrified him and broke his will to fight.

This post looks like a CIA document now.

Honestly I felt bad for all the characters when they died, for various reasons.

REDACTED

quoting this so I can easily find it and read it after I've finished the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah the title theme is great. Very mellow and melancholic. Also I find it interesting it has no name. Its one if two tracks listed as "Untitled" on the soundtrack.

Funny thing is I'm listening to it right now. Even before I saw your post. :v: The soundtrack helped work go by faster.

Yeah I definitely listened to the soundtrack all day at work today.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Alex & Ash are definitely interesting. Crazy homicidal ice climbers. :black101:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I had to figure out which song was the one that plays before missions, since it doesn't tell you in game like the mission themes themselves.

Its Blizzard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOu452YNoHM

That's chill as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Uggggggggggh this detective level is such complete horseshit

Room full of guys with guns and fat guys, good loving luck with that! :v:

uber_stoat posted:

Still wish there was a replay/score attack mode with all the cutscenes removed and selectable characters, but that might not be technically possible? Who knows.

When the level editor comes out I'm sure people will re-create all the levels so you can play them with anything. If the devs don't let us, we'll let ourselves.

• Locked thread