Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait, its supposed to be Hotline Miami 2 on the topic titl-OH WRONG NUMBER! I GET IT!
Honestly, I'm kind of sad they didn't actually name the game HM3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Isn't the entire point of that narrative that the sleazebag director (for whatever reason still unrevealed) is trying to make a movie that goes beyond Jacket's story in disgusting ways? And wasn't rescuing the woman the one unarguably good thing that Jacket did over the entire game? I don't know, I guess I'm just okay with this because I haven't checked my privilege.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Hah, the comic says that the movie producer you kill in HM1 is named "Wilson Fisker".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Geight posted:

I don't accept any interpretation that involves Jacket failing to kill anyone.
And you think Biker's gonna lose to a guy who grabs a golf club after seeing him? When he was holding knives as Jacket entered the room?

If one of them had to win, my money is on Biker, just because he's got the throwing weapons that are quicker to draw.

But then, the way it's presented from Jacket's perspective makes it seem like an easy win for Jacket...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I really don't like the Swans. How can I learn to enjoy them like everyone else? I can never accurately shoot people and while the chainsaw is super satisfying it's just another melee weapon (albeit one that kills fat guys).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah it does, when you first get your weapon you have more than one clip and will reload when empty. It's only when you're empty that you start picking up single clips at a time from ammo boxes and never reload.

My big question is how anyone could get to the final screen of a Soldier level without firing off all their starting clips :psyduck:
Pretty easily on Normal - I played them like some kind of hosed up Metal Gear Hotline and ran into and out of sight lines so I could knife people to death one by one, since I was always worried I'd run out of bullets.

(it turned out the ammo boxes weren't just decoration :shobon:)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So everyone here is going to buy Bloodbath Kavkaz, RIGHT?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I liked a lot of the ideas in the HM2 story but it ultimately was too disjointed to really follow. The movie star and detective storylines in particular seemed fairly irrelevant and cuttable, but I liked the way the rest of it fit together.
I too love that handsome movie star Detective Pardo, but why did you mention him twice?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pirate Jet posted:

HM is significantly more uncomfortable (and awesome) when Jacket has no justification for his actions instead of "he's a trained war veteran with PTSD."
And, to a lesser extent, when the Janitors are just babbling about a "Russo-American coalition" after you do all the hard work to be rewarded with something you expect to make sense. I really think adding that part of the backstory to make 50 Blessings less insane was not a good idea.

America is a tune. It must be sung together.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the sample at the end of Escape from Midwich Valley from?

(I was only listening to it because it was in the trailer, so this is the right place to post this :colbert:)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It certanly sounds like it. Just curious, since a quick googling didn't turn it up.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Moltrey posted:

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's kind of one of my favorite parts of the song. The best of the lyrics I can decipher is this. The first two lines I have almost no idea about, but my guess is.

I like anything from ??? (knowledge?)
Die like anything from ???
Though he spent four years in college till he's childlike in his knowledge, but we agree he's guilty as can be!
Guilty, guilty! Though he went to college, he's childlike in his knowledge!
He's guilty rah rah rah!
I think the first bit is:

He's childlike in his mental knowledge (x2)
Though he spent four years in college, still he's childlike in his knowledge.

?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ddraig posted:

It sounds like an advertising jingle although god knows what it's advertising. Maybe some form of PSA?

e: Ddraig to the Rescue

https://archive.org/details/Boy_Meets_Dog_1938

e: Starts at 5 minutes in.
Yeah, song itself is at 6:59. That's... how the hell did you find that so quickly?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

widespread posted:

One other thing is, just how intense were those drugs the Son took? I mean, holy poo poo. It painted him killing the fans in a much different light, though.
I like how he used the axe to kill the Swans even though we know he just stood there and used a gun. That really emphasized just how hosed up he was.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

UIApplication posted:

Whoever made my av should get one
Seconding this. They did good work!

And whoever posted the Pardo fan art that they found somewhere else in this thread ages ago should get one (I found the post!)

...but yeah give one away to someone else whatever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ArfJason posted:

showed my non gamer best friend hotline miami 1 back when it released and he loved the poo poo out of it

showed him hm2 today, he experienced first hand dead ahead and commented on the lovely windows, giga niggas, dogs and gun toting people all over the map.
...That's gold.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I am going to buy Kavkaz as soon as it goes on sale. Even that can't get me to pay full price on Steam... but it's close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Thought about playing this game again, eventually settled on no, gently caress it. Anyone made any good custom Beard levels? They were my favorite part until I realized you could actually get more ammo and it wasn't a crazy resource-preserving jungle hunt.

• Locked thread