Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What the hell was up with Manny, anyway? An innocent, upstanding beholder of the law kills a bunch of thugs, and that's it? No interesting twist like he was the Miami Mutilator, or he wanted Evan to die, so he sent him to the russian mansion to get killed? Same can be said for the Butcher, feels like the only reason he was in the game was because he was pretty much the first storyline we knew of before the game's release, and because it'd be cheap to take out a controversial storyline, even if it went absolutely nowhere.

Also, i feel like Martin Brown was alive at the end of the game, until the nuke. Like, he sees Richard in his dream, and then it immediately transitions to his final level where he supposedly dies, which makes me think that he only died in his nightmare. But, the alternate ending of the game, If you pick up the phone instead of getting more paper for Richter, has an interview with Martin that lists the same movies that Not Ellen Degeneres listed in her interview with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think Kung Fury was a pretty good movie.

Also, gently caress Into the Pits, even on normal. Dark-rear end sewer the same color as the dogs, making me pick ash n alex just so I can hear that loving chainsaw noise forever so the dogs dont bite my neck out.

Dead Ahead hard mode is a very balanced level that has the perfect amount of challenge, and is in no way bullshit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I AM DETECTIV MANNY PAHDO

I GO KIL BAD GUYS IN STORE, BOAT, AN EVEN POLICES

How about we talk about that poo poo instead of the unrelated bullshit you've been discussing, or we just let this thread die a slow, sweet death.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Kind of related - Devolver digital sale! Hotline Miami is 75% off, the second is 33% off, and..Hatoful Boyfriend for $2.49? I uh..I'm gonna get that game. Maybe.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anatharon posted:

I find it hard to believe the Fans are supposed to be in their mid 20s and not teenagers.

At the beginning of Beard's first level, you can see all the fans chilling out at a bar. Same exact hairstyles for all of them, so it'd be one hell of a coincidence if that's not them. Also, it implies they're at least the same age as Jacket

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, it's Hotline Postal? Sounds good to me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Why did I just think of a mod that turns the Fans and the Boss into Seinfeld characters? I mean, think of it. Elaine as Corey, the Maestro as Tony, Jerry and Kramer as Ash and Alex, Newman as Mark, and the Boss is replaced by Costanza himself.

"GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!" would be the new GOTTA GET A GRIP!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like the game, but it also disappoints me because while it is fun to play, everything is meaningless and it always makes me feel hollow inside.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pirate Jet posted:

You're right, Miss Minnie is still bad but it's not nearly as bad as The Rumble and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

Not as bad as the Rumble? That means the Rumble is bad, meaning that a great level with a great song is bad, or you just have a comparatively bad taste in music, so lets go with that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mazerunner posted:

I'm gonna beat this dumb game.

A+ on normal, just got catastrophe and apocalypse on hard to go (unless you need to do abyss as well?)

Somehow got genocide just by playing normally and failing forever.

Dunno about box full of sharp objects, I must be missing like one obscure weapon or something.

I'm also going through HLM1 trying to A+ that, I think I'm about halfway? But the levels are getting harder so, gently caress.

Hard news, the entrance to the level, there's a glass bottle on the desk.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Every time. I keep coming back to the game to see if anything changed. I don't know why, or what I'm expecting. It feels like the game would have been perfect if instead of all the "AFTER THE MASKED MURDERER" bullshit, it just focused on Beard in his platoon the entire game. I don't loving care about the Fans, Martin Brown, Evan, or any of those other rat assholes, I just want a game with the only person who did something MEANINGFUL in the game that lasted more than two months (in-game).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheJoker138 posted:

None of anything anyone did in any of the games was actually meaningful, and the soldier missions were the worst parts of the game.

The soldier missions were the only meaningful part of the game because it set up how commander fuckass started 50 Blessings. And, I liked Beard's levels, they aren't that hard unless you try being Rambo..But the fat guys holding SMGs are bullshit, I'll give you that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

Well not everyone died... when they do the roundtable discussion two main characters are missing. One we see for sure caught in the explosion.

And the other we specifically don't.

Yes, yes, Biker probably survived (Seeing as Evan visiting him at the bar prrrrrrrrobably didn't happen)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to make a Mario Maker level with a bunch of fat hammer bros, baby bowsers, fat hammer bros, and one big bowser, and every tile you step on, or block you break will play a glass shattering effect.

I shall name it: Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Number

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe it's the hobo.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Number - All posts from hereon out until the level editor will be "Maybe it's the (x)"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just wanna mess around and see what I can do.

A house made of glass and shattered dreams, a meth lab where the guys can see it all, a BYOB strip club, the possibilities are endless.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
here's dead ahead but everyone is either a ninja or a gunner behind cover

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

hotline miami australia sounds a little confusing budd

It's literally just Mad Max.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I don't get why the Henchman and Jake had such brief, few levels.

I feel like Jake should have gotten one more level to test out Dallas, henchman should have had many more levels. Hell, I feel like he should have had as much time being in the game as Evan had.

Fake edit: Wow, I just remembered that the Pig Butcher exists. Remember when they made him out to be much more than he ended up being? Or was that just the controversy I'm remembering.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Geight posted:

It might be childish, but I do like how the game defied almost every expectation people had for it, for better and worse.

I mean, in theory this is a funny idea, but in practice it's a good way to get most of the playerbase to dislike the game.

All I wanted was a payoff, and the only thing I got was a PAYDAY FELLAS from Blood Money. Because that's what I was thinking through the entire level

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I both love and hate the message that HLM2 sent

The one right at the beginning. "There's a twist at the end, I doubt you or anyone will like it", not just talking about the Pig Butcher's demise, but the nuking of Florida and Hawaii, and how the fanbase would react to it.

Actually, I guess it also applies to the ending of everyone else's storylines, too!

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 10, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The level editor's new character is "The Hammer", y'know..the guy next to the jukebox here http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hotline-miami/images/2/24/UiUhPPs.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150412224800

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So what's the real advantage to the Hammer, other than being able to fight every kind of enemy, barring soldiers?

Also, does he have a facial portrait that shows off his gigantic forehead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJhl79mWGZc Huh, he can sing really well it turns out.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 11, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Hammer was going to have a power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

makes just about as much sense as hotline miami

also what the gently caress