Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm kind of hoping we'll see a Hotline Miami animated tv show sometime in the future.

An ultra-violent, darkly humorous, and moody cronengberg-taranteno-lynch inspired show would own, and the bright colors and stylization of good animation would be great for it. I could see the dialogue in such a show being pretty terse and minimal too.

I'd hope to see moments as frightening in such a show as some of the stuff in Cactus's 'mondo medicals/agency' games.

Also, just for fun, here's an interactive music video game by Cactus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wpu8gS_18
Download and try it out here: http://cactusquid.blogspot.com/2011/10/keyboard-drumset-loving-werewolf.html

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
In the first game, instead of picking 'the right mask for the job' I would have much preferred it if the game incentivized you to play through each mission with each mask type. This would mean that the mask abilities really should be more distinct too though - it also means that some of the masks could have drawbacks that make the game more challenging on purpose.

They seem to be dipping their feet in that route for the sequel. Your mask choices are more limited, but their abilities and playstyles are apparently more distinct.

Also another route they could have gone would have been to combine the abilities of multiple masks into a custom setup. For example, I'd love Jake (throw weapon kills) + willem (steal weapon from enemy with spacebar, killing them as you do) + charlie (more melee weapons) for a melee throwing gimmick.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 25, 2013

• Locked thread