Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

As someone who doesn't own a PC, I'm really glad I can finally play Hotline Miami on the PS3. Now I get why people love this game.

Does the Raging Bull mask do anything besides turning the game mostly B&W? I'm trying to figure out if it offers any gameplay advantages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

misterdoo01 posted:

It likely doesn't. There are other masks in the game that have solely cosmetic effects that don't alter gameplay. One of them even makes the game harder by reversing the controls.

I've only done 4 missions so far, so I've still got a lot to learn about the game. Don Juan's my favorite mask so far, while Earl was a bit of a disappointment unless I just haven't been using it right.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Dauntasa posted:

If Earl is the "survive one bullet" mask then no, it's useless. Most of the enemies in the game use automatic weapons or shotguns so if you get hit with one bullet you'll usually get hit by five more immediately so surviving the first shot is worthless.

Okay, that's what it seemed like when I used it. Is there a "hidden" mask early on in the game I should be looking out for, or do the mission reward masks tend to be the best?

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Midnight Raider posted:

When it comes to the more obscure masks, I like Dennis because starting with the knife(a deceptively good and speedy weapon) means you can really tear into the start of a level without having to do as much planning or waiting for patrol routes to line up. Tony does similar, sure, but the knife feels even faster to me and can be thrown if you need to.

I'll always pick a character boosting mask over an item mask, because once you use it up or lose it you might as well be wearing Richard.

• Locked thread