Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
So, anyone have any good local ride routes and destinations? I much prefer to have *somewhere* to ride to, even if it's just a coffee shop or bbq joint or something at the end of the twisty roads.

Maybe we can get a local goon ride together once this goddamn rain passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

M42 posted:

I'd like to work on my bike by myself. In SF, there's a cool workshop where you can rent a spot for a day to do whatever the hell. They've got tools, lifts, experienced people around, all sorts of awesome stuff, and it's like $50 a day. Is there anything like around DC? My new place only has a parking lot, it'd be kind of a pain to strip everything off the bike and do slightly more complicated stuff like carb cleanings and poo poo. Probably get heat stroke too cause there's no shade.

Nope, there used to be one but it went out bidness.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

So, anyone have any good local ride routes and destinations? I much prefer to have *somewhere* to ride to, even if it's just a coffee shop or bbq joint or something at the end of the twisty roads.

Maybe we can get a local goon ride together once this goddamn rain passes.

Not sure on great routes just yet but count me in the first sunny weekend we get (Sunday?) If there are any cool spots down in VA by you, I'd be down to meet you in Alexandria and take it from there.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I'll be going out this weekend if the weather holds.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hot sauce posted:

Not sure on great routes just yet but count me in the first sunny weekend we get (Sunday?) If there are any cool spots down in VA by you, I'd be down to meet you in Alexandria and take it from there.

Would definitely be down for Sunday, even if there's a thunderstorm or two. hot sauce we can hook up in Chinatown on the way out to VA.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
These are most of my nearest roads that I'm aware of. Not a whole lot of miles to them, but it's a way to kill a couple hours. I'll see if I can figure out how to open it up for general editing.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=201131684188967725433.0004e08ac95faa5cff3f9

Looks like I'll be good for Sunday.

Edit: Can now be edited by anyone with the links. Feel free to add places, roads, etc.

Mr. Eric Praline fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 2, 2013

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Would definitely be down for Sunday, even if there's a thunderstorm or two. hot sauce we can hook up in Chinatown on the way out to VA.

Hell yeah, let's do it. You fine with meeting on H st NW in front of the CVS? There's usually no traffic in the morning and you can get right onto 395 South from there. I can PM you my # and we can figure out a time depending on weather closer to the weekend.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Praline looks like some nice roads. I've barely ridden in VA so it'll be nice to see something new. Maybe HNasty will have some suggestions too, he seems to know some decent rides.

hot sauce Yeah, the CVS is perfect. PM me your number, I'll send you mine. Anyway I'll be on the most obnoxious looking and sounding bike so it shouldn't be hard. Agreed on figuring out a time when it gets closer and after we find out who's coming and what works for them.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

HNasty posted:

I'll be going out this weekend if the weather holds.

If any of y'all go riding with HNasty, you've got to vlog it

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Snowdens Secret posted:

If any of y'all go riding with HNasty, you've got to vlog it

I've got a gopro mount on my helmet and can point it at him. All I know is that his avatar is mesmerizing :gay:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Hell yeah, let's do it. You fine with meeting on H st NW in front of the CVS? There's usually no traffic in the morning and you can get right onto 395 South from there. I can PM you my # and we can figure out a time depending on weather closer to the weekend.

If yall suckas can make it the gas station at the end of M street in G-Town I can pick you city boys up and take you to VA. We can do Georgetown pike and if you guys have all day to ride I can take you to the country. Or even better would be if you can make it to VA on your own and then I can take yall to the country.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

If yall suckas can make it the gas station at the end of M street in G-Town I can pick you city boys up and take you to VA. We can do Georgetown pike and if you guys have all day to ride I can take you to the country. Or even better would be if you can make it to VA on your own and then I can take yall to the country.

As long as it isn't rainin I can ride all day. Where in VA would you wanna meet? I don't know my way 'round those parts too well.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

We were thinking about riding down to Manassas-ish with Mr. Praline, if he's still in. Not sure if that fits in with your plan.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

As long as it isn't rainin I can ride all day. Where in VA would you wanna meet? I don't know my way 'round those parts too well.

ought ten posted:

We were talking about riding down to Manassas-ish with Mr. Praline, if he's still in. Not sure if that fits in with your plan.

Not much good riding around Manassas, but I could meet you there and we can head out west on 66 to get to the good stuff.

tarun.sarao@gmail.com hit me up we can figure something out.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

HNasty posted:

Not much good riding around Manassas, but I could meet you there and we can head out west on 66 to get to the good stuff.

tarun.sarao@gmail.com hit me up we can figure something out.
Yeah, I just outlined the really local stuff. There's not a lot of it, but there's some. If everyone's willing to highway the hour+ to get properly west, I'm down for that.

My problem is that I know my way around Clifton/Occoquan, and I know my way around Skyline/Luray, but nothing in between.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Also, I'll be hitting the track on Monday July 15. I'm riding B, cause I crashed in I from stupid mistakes and need the slower practice.

Riding Summit with these guys: http://www.motorcyclexcitement.com/

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Yeah, I just outlined the really local stuff. There's not a lot of it, but there's some. If everyone's willing to highway the hour+ to get properly west, I'm down for that.

My problem is that I know my way around Clifton/Occoquan, and I know my way around Skyline/Luray, but nothing in between.

If you guys meet me at the end of Georgetown Pike on Route 7 I can take you on all the backroads to the west country. I figured since you were meeting in manassas 66 would be quicker. It only takes about 30 mins to get to decent roads from there.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Bike: '10 Ninja 250
Years ridden: 2 years but seasonal
Down for: anything

Bringing my bike back from almost year long slumber. I want to get as much riding as I can this year before I wuss out in the winter. I dont know why I'm spending my money on all these upgrades for my bike when I dont plan to try and track next year.

taketheshot posted:

Chantilly, VA: Brooks Cycles

Thanks for the info. Those are some reasonable prices cause I sure as hell aint taking it to colemans. That's why they call it a "stealership".

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Bike: 2013 Honda CB500F
Years ridden: 3.5 years
Down for: anything

I'm not sure whose planning this ride on Sunday but count me in.

HNasty posted:

If yall suckas can make it the gas station at the end of M street in G-Town ...
So the Exxon next to the The Exorcist stairs? That's where I meet my work buddies before we go out for rides. It's easy to get to from MD, N VA and DC, so I vote for this.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 7, 2013

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The group ride was a blast despite getting caught in some rain on the way back. Props to HNasty again for leading the pack through unfamiliar territory. The picture below is the view from the spot we stopped at on Skyline Drive.

Snowden - didn't bring the GoPro this time but will the next. Kicking myself because the footage would have been great.

edit: Anyone know the name of the BBQ place we stopped at?

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 8, 2013

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys, newb here. First post.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

The group ride was a blast despite getting caught in some rain on the way back. Props to HNasty again for leading the pack through unfamiliar territory. The picture below is the view from the spot we stopped at on Skyline Drive.

Snowden - didn't bring the GoPro this time but will the next. Kicking myself because the footage would have been great.

edit: Anyone know the name of the BBQ place we stopped at?

Carolina brothers in Ashburn. It was a good time despite the end being a cluster gently caress.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

hot sauce posted:

Glad I turned back when I did, cause of the rain and all. I wouldn't have minded, but Whit was pretty nervous already. She was near dead in her saddle by the time we got her home though, so our timing was good.

Thanks for the ride guys, I've been trying to find people to ride with for quite a while now. All my other buddies grew up on me and had kids or moved away. Hit me up whenever you want to ride, even if it's just to hang out in the city and bullshit about motorcycles or something.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

:argh: drat you slow repair shop! Wish I could have made that ride... I've been wanting to do Skyline for a long time, but I'm only ever there when hiking so I'm never on my bike.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

kedo posted:

:argh: drat you slow repair shop! Wish I could have made that ride... I've been wanting to do Skyline for a long time, but I'm only ever there when hiking so I'm never on my bike.
No sweat, I make that ride (and beyond) pretty regularly.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

No sweat, I make that ride (and beyond) pretty regularly.

Lets do 33 and 250 soon, I'm down for next weekend if anyone else is.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

It was great riding with you guys too, can't wait to do it again soon!

I recorded the ride via GPS, here's the route we took out to Skyline Drive. I can't remember who, but someone wanted it for reference (click for link to Google Maps). Counting my ride home I did about 250+ miles and rode from 9 AM to 7 PM; easily the longest ride I've ever gone on, but also the most fun!

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Next time, go the opposite direction. A nice ride through Anacostia and PG County on the Beltway is just what you all need.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

I recorded the ride via GPS, here's the route we took out to Skyline Drive. I can't remember who, but someone wanted it for reference (click for link to Google Maps).

That was me, thanks for posting this.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Next time, go the opposite direction. A nice ride through Anacostia and PG County on the Beltway is just what you all need.

The Beltway? No way. Ick.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

HNasty posted:

Next weekend's busy as hell, so I'll have to pass. I got nothing going on the weekend after tho. And maybe the Triumph will be fixed by then.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

I'm free this weekend, but need to look at that leaking fork seal to see how bad it is. Might need to rip the poo poo apart before I go on any more long rides :douche:

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I've got plans on Sunday, you guys up for an early Saturday morning ride?

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

McLarenF1 posted:

I normally I'd say yes, but this is a rare occasion where I have to work this weekend.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013
Saw this on another forum:

Commonwealth of Virginia: Allow safe lane splitting in traffic and at red lights

http://www.change.org/petitions/commonwealth-of-virginia-allow-safe-lane-splitting-in-traffic-and-at-red-lights

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Southwade posted:

Saw this on another forum:

Commonwealth of Virginia: Allow safe lane splitting in traffic and at red lights

http://www.change.org/petitions/commonwealth-of-virginia-allow-safe-lane-splitting-in-traffic-and-at-red-lights

None of us are in favor of that, we all ride Can-Am Spyder's that do not fit in between cars at lights. This is a Can-Am Spyder rider forum.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

hot sauce posted:

None of us are in favor of that, we all ride Can-Am Spyder's that do not fit in between cars at lights. This is a Can-Am Spyder rider forum.

Can I ride bitch on your sexy spyder. Can I pwease.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

Count me in for at least a few hours Saturday, I don't have plans until noon. This is still depending on fork seal issue. If it's not bad I'll put off fixing it another weekend.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Awesome, anyone else in for Saturday?

Also, HNasty, what was that S2000 bike cleaner you mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I can probably do something Saturday morning, though I think I'll need to be back by 12 or 1 so nothing too long.

• Locked thread