Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Tyro posted:

Well, I just added my favorite BBQ place to the spreadsheet. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

Pretty sure that's far enough away from DC to where it won't be hosed with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Holy gently caress boys, the rains gone!

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!
Got my helmet today. Taking the MSF course in a couple weeks. Should be joining you goons on the streets of DC soon.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Just posted this in the DC LAN thread, but I'm selling my bike if anyone is interested. It's a red 2012 Honda CBR 250R ABS. Never dropped, ~1200 miles. I rode it a lot the first year I had it (got it late in the season), but then ended up riding different bikes my second year so it only has very light use. It's been sitting in the garage for the last year and a half collecting dust, so it's time for it to move on. Doesn't start at the moment, but I assume that's because the battery is dead.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Everyone's gotta start somewhere . . .

Got a 250 Rebel. The guy I bought it from had it delivered yesterday, so it is sitting there mocking me until Tuesday when I can go to the RMV and get it on the road.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Congrats, a lot of us started on a 250 of some kind. I would say lets go riding but I'm currently biek-less.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I certainly wouldn't advise you to ride around the block a few times without a license plate because who gives a poo poo if you're within a quarter mile of your house

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Went out for my first street ride after work yesterday. I use the term street ride very loosely as I stuck to my neighborhood, but it gave me some hill practice. I think I lasted about 45 minutes of up and down the block in my gear until I was dying from dehydration and pulled back in to home.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Get yourself a camelback if you intend to do any non-commute riding during the summer.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
All you really need is BBQ and a soda to keep the engine running on hot DC days.

Also, guys I know I said I'd make a thread for Cornerspin, it's just slipped my mind lately. I will make it soon so we can organize the trip.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

M42 posted:

Get yourself a camelback if you intend to do any non-commute riding during the summer.
I have a camelback FOR commuting in the summer.

hot sauce posted:

All you really need is BBQ and a soda to keep the engine running on hot DC days.

Also, guys I know I said I'd make a thread for Cornerspin, it's just slipped my mind lately. I will make it soon so we can organize the trip.

You guys wanna meet up on Saturday or Sunday?
http://www.thepitstopva.com/

I'll ride up and chill for a bit. You all can laugh at the horrendous shitheap that is my bike.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You guys wanna meet up on Saturday or Sunday?
http://www.thepitstopva.com/

I'll ride up and chill for a bit. You all can laugh at the horrendous shitheap that is my bike.

Sounds fun but I'll be camping Fri-Sun.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

I use a camelback for my commute on a pedal bike. I am sure it will transfer over once I start a motorcycle commute.

Give me some time and I will be able to make it out to a meetup. The Rebel is a great lightning rod to keep people laughing about that and not the condition of other bikes.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'm down, been cravin pit stop anyway

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

uncle spero posted:

I use a camelback for my commute on a pedal bike. I am sure it will transfer over once I start a motorcycle commute.

I use my camelback when I go mountain biking but I take the bladder out when I use it for my motorcycle because I don't really need it. I guess it's because I don't really sweat. If I ever meetup with yall you'll get to see my inhuman water retention in person.

e: Well I used to use it. I accidentally left it at Bonnaroo this year. Along with my favorite Tshirt, $40, a brand new box of gum and my favorite buff. Life is cruel.

VVVV I can smell that post.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 6, 2016

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

uncle spero posted:

Give me some time and I will be able to make it out to a meetup. The Rebel is a great lightning rod to keep people laughing about that and not the condition of other bikes.

Not if mine's already on fire.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

M42 posted:

I'm down, been cravin pit stop anyway

I'm in, what day do you nigs want to ride?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'm no go on Saturday but could probably do Sunday.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Sweet. I'll ask the wife if I can go do biek things on sunday.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Sat looks like rain anyway

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Sunday is looking good.
What time do you all want to do this?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pit-stop-aldie
https://www.facebook.com/THE-PIT-STOP-246362309869/
http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/worth-the-trip/Roadside-BBQ-at-the-Pit-Stop-in-Aldie-Va--250787821.html
https://foursquare.com/v/the-pit-stop-bbq/4c0a85867e3fc92830b7f382

I'm serious.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

If you want pit stop without having to waste a bunch of time I'd suggest to be there by 11:30, after we can do the local loop or head further west up to yall. Do you guys wanna meet closer to DC or further out? I'm down either way.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

HNasty posted:

If you want pit stop without having to waste a bunch of time I'd suggest to be there by 11:30, after we can do the local loop or head further west up to yall. Do you guys wanna meet closer to DC or further out? I'm down either way.

11:30 works for me.
I might be there a bit early and try to drift around the traffic circles.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Alright, 11:30 at pitstop in aldie va. Let's gently caress up some ribs and then some roads.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
The cobbler's children have no shoes:

Managed to do that yesterday. Also I can't really give it much more than a quarter throttle now without slipping the clutch. That combined with the fact that I REALLY need new tires, chain, and sprockets means I need to get off my lazy rear end and do some maintenance.

Otherwise, yesterday was a great ride for the short bit that I stuck with you guys.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I've got a 2009 (EFI) Royal Enfield Bullet 500 that I'm going to be selling in the next few weeks. I'm in Arlington. If this interests you hit me up to spare me the drudgery of craigslist.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Went to take my bike out and discovered two pieces of metal in my rear tire. Are there any decent places near silver spring that will get it replaced asap without gouging me? Id go to cycles of silver spring but I don't trust them and don't think I'm the only one.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I've heard good things about Myers Cycle in Kensington, but don't have first hand experience and no idea about their pricing.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Koruthaiolos posted:

I've heard good things about Myers Cycle in Kensington, but don't have first hand experience and no idea about their pricing.

It probably isn't the cheapest in the area but this shop is fantastic. Just two guys but it was way more responsive and helpful then any of the other shops I've been to. Very friendly too!

Good call.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Got new brakes on the rear, new pads on the front are coming soon along with a new clutch and chain.
The season is upon us.
I'm too broke for speed bleeders and there's probably too much sediment in my lined for me to get away with that anyway.

Who is ready to ride?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Not me, still swapping sv to bars. Anyone want to go to the IMS this year?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm down. When is it? Anyone want to go to Lincoln's Waffles before? Kortuthaiolos and I did that last year and it was p fun.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

I am definitely down for the show.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

1/6-1/8. Hell yeah I'd gently caress up some waffles.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dammit, that's the same weekend as Magfest. I could do Sunday the 8th only.

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands
I'm down for the show f'sho. Also anybody want to buy an F3? Thinking I may put it up for sale once I clean the carbs..

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

The_Maz posted:

I'm down for the show f'sho. Also anybody want to buy an F3? Thinking I may put it up for sale once I clean the carbs..

Don't you tempt me with your devil woman witch voodoo

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Don't you tempt me with your devil woman witch voodoo

It's going up after I clean the carbs this weekend. Just throwing that out there.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious how fast you'll sell it. It took me a while to sell the 599, which is basically the naked version of your bike. What are you listing it for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands

hot sauce posted:

I'm curious how fast you'll sell it. It took me a while to sell the 599, which is basically the naked version of your bike. What are you listing it for?

Still trying to sort out price since there haven't been a ton of them on the market to give me an idea of where to start. Figured I'd start researching that while carb jets are soaking this weekend. Any advice/insight is welcome since this will be my first time on the selling side of craigslist.

How long did you have the 599 up for?

• Locked thread