Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Anyone know the best shop for gear in the md area? I need a new helmet so far the cyclegear in laurel seemed like it might have the biggest selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

This is what it's like looking for helmets at the Springfield Cycle Gear:

BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT shoei BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT agv BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT arai BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT BILT

Yeah the one in laurel was the same but I got a lower end shoei for cheaper than revilla so I can't complain.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
I just got a job on around the hill and have the option to park for free in the building I'm in. I'm coming from the silver spring area and I'm just trying to decide if riding would be a good metro alternative or more trouble then it's worth. Any thoughts?

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Thanks for the tips folks! Wasn't quite as bad as I expected, though I have a feeling it'll get better once I'm more comfortable filtering up at lights

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
I was planning on a ride out in va but I'm going for a pretty early start. Is the loop you're referencing a fun ride? Last time I went down skyline with the intention of hitting 33 but I was exhausted by the time I got to 211 I think. I hate having to ride so far to just to escape the city!

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Alright I'll stop by and try and find you guys. I have a blue sv almost identical to m42's I think

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

M42 posted:

Anyone wanna do bikes & breakfast sunday?

Unrelated: do any of you lanesplit/filter regularly? The fucks I give about doing it in a state where it's illegal have steadily decreased over this season. I rarely get honked at, usually by people that have their faces glued to a phone screen and get startled.

I filter every day on my commute in md and dc. Overall more people actually move over for me than honk but that's just during commute times, during weekends people usually don't like it. I think only two cops ever said anything and that was just two capital police. Dc police don't seem to give a poo poo and that's fine with me!

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
There's some fun areas up near Prettyboy or Loch Raven reservoirs. You can take back roads through Carroll and Frederick out to thurmont and beyond. I can see why you might not think there are good roads if you're just going from ellicott city to freaking Lexington park.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Shadowlz posted:

I ridden a lot of roads in Maryland and I pretty much always wish I was back in West Virginia.

No argument there. Id be tempted to move out to wva if it didn't mean a 2hr train ride in every day

M42 posted:

M42'S rear end DESTROYER

feat. 211, 33, 55, 250 - garbage food, cool sights, caves, rocks n poo poo

https://goo.gl/maps/1XYszUW54h22

Thanks for this. I think I've only done a little of 33 off skyline dr

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Koruthaiolos posted:

Ok, for all you MD cry babies, here's my most frequent non-VA/WV ride:

Koru's Ball Wash
https://goo.gl/maps/pz6oGxcCkQ12

Did a bunch of this today since I haven't been all the way up river Rd before. All the gravel was pretty fun and the stream crossing was hilarious. I'll have to go back and try it at a higher speed sometime. Sv was great on those roads, who needs a dualsport!?

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Went to take my bike out and discovered two pieces of metal in my rear tire. Are there any decent places near silver spring that will get it replaced asap without gouging me? Id go to cycles of silver spring but I don't trust them and don't think I'm the only one.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

Koruthaiolos posted:

I've heard good things about Myers Cycle in Kensington, but don't have first hand experience and no idea about their pricing.

It probably isn't the cheapest in the area but this shop is fantastic. Just two guys but it was way more responsive and helpful then any of the other shops I've been to. Very friendly too!

Good call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Probably too far for you but Myers Cycle Engineering in Kensington MD is really good. I think I originally got the recommendation from this thread actually.

• Locked thread