Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Well, I just added my favorite BBQ place to the spreadsheet. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Hey can anyone recommend a shop in the Fairfax/Falls Church/McLean area? Anyone been to Fairfax Cycles before? I'm looking to get back into riding after several years and my tiny rear end budget means older or higher mileage bikes. A lot of them have little or no records, so I am leaning towards getting a PPI done when I finally find something I want, and even if I don't, I'd like to have a good shop already identified for any work I can't do myself.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Well that's awesome I guess. I knew that was true about the dealerships I've been to, but drat.

Normally I do most work myself but I don't have a garage.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
It's a bit far but hell I used to commute further than that. I'll keep it in mind, thank you guys for the recommendation.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Sweet, thanks guys!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have a proper garage now. :smug:

Sigh....one of these days.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Eh, it's not the 4 car garage I had in Richmond, or the professional garage I worked at in Chantilly, but it sure beats the poo poo out of no garage.
I'd be seriously down for forming a collective though if y'all are really in need of garage space. We'll have to have way too many people to make it worthwhile though...

Yeah at my last job I had access to a full professional garage with lifts, tools, and mechanics whose ears I could bend. I really miss that.

I've never had my own garage as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I was gonna offer to be the fat guy on the back, but that's probably a better idea

• Locked thread