Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Anal sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Anal sunshine when she's gone. And she's always gone too long. Anytime she goes away.
Met some of you guys a couple (few?) months ago for a ride down to Sky Line Drive. Me on the V-Rod all of you on various. I personally know Mr. Eric Praline, think I met Hot Sauce, can't remember the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Anal sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Anal sunshine when she's gone. And she's always gone too long. Anytime she goes away.

McLarenF1 posted:

Yep I was on that ride too.

I saw that bike on Craigslist recently, are you selling it or was that someone else?

Also anyone up for a ride this Saturday? (Sundays are for football now)

You didn't see that bike on craigslist, probably a clone. That bike is in my garage.

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

It's not just a cool metallic silver like Matthew Bueller's, it's had every goddamn piece genuinely chromed and it is the most amazingly ugly vrod ever.

Well it was all original, until some idiot low sided it on Saturday... and that idiot would be me. Thankfully no injuries and very minor damage. Still not really sure what happened, was coming out of a parking lot, think I hit something slick or loose and the backend went a different way than I intended. Helmets work! Too bad they go in the trash. Helmet hit the ground got a very small bruise.

I won't be back on it until my new mirrors come in and I replace my helmet.

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Been away from the forum for a bit. Got a new job 30 miles from my house so I had to buy a commuter bike, because the Land Cruiser tops out at 12MPG while going down hill on the highway.

Picked up a 2014 VSTROM Adventure 650

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

I've also discovered that while it takes a longer than the freeways, getting up and down VA is a LOT more fun via Blue Ridge Parkway. Despite the constantly active riding/braking/turning, I feel a lot less exhausted after 4 hours on BRP than 3 hours straight down 81.

Last year I-81 was f*ing horrible, way too many truckers and cars. When I got ahead of you guys I stopped at one gas station and talked to some other dudes who were going up US-11, then at the next stop they were actually pulling out of the gas station as I pulled up. I think I'm done riding I-81 for the most part.

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Rode my buddy's "new" bike home for him from Winchester on Wednesday. Got a bit of wet road, rain, traffic, and heat.

1982 Honda GL500 SilverWing Interstate

Engine sounds great, needs a bit of work. Comes with all the modern convinces of 1982 including tape deck, AM/FM radio and some kind of COM system... minus the headsets.

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Been absent from the group for awhile. Anyone got a recommendation for a cold weather riding suit? I usually wear TourMaster, so my first thought was their Centurion One-Piece Suit, wanted to get some other opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

brotastrophe...

I used to work in Georgetown and park the bike all the time on the street for free. They had some free motorcycle spots at the end of the roads and some sort of spots where I wouldn't get ticketed.

Basically the red dots are the parking meters, they'd be for the car to the left and right, the white line area is where I could park my bike without getting ticketed. I tried to park right at the meter one time and did get a ticket. I'm not sure if this is the same in the rest of DC as their parking people are completely chaotic.

Also check-out Curb Ninja http://curbninja.com/

• Locked thread