Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Bike: 2013 Honda CB500F
Years ridden: 3.5 years
Down for: anything

I'm not sure whose planning this ride on Sunday but count me in.

HNasty posted:

If yall suckas can make it the gas station at the end of M street in G-Town ...
So the Exxon next to the The Exorcist stairs? That's where I meet my work buddies before we go out for rides. It's easy to get to from MD, N VA and DC, so I vote for this.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

It was great riding with you guys too, can't wait to do it again soon!

I recorded the ride via GPS, here's the route we took out to Skyline Drive. I can't remember who, but someone wanted it for reference (click for link to Google Maps). Counting my ride home I did about 250+ miles and rode from 9 AM to 7 PM; easily the longest ride I've ever gone on, but also the most fun!

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I've got plans on Sunday, you guys up for an early Saturday morning ride?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Awesome, anyone else in for Saturday?

Also, HNasty, what was that S2000 bike cleaner you mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

33 and 250 are some real far out poo poo, I can start as early as 7 am if you guys are ok with that. We can take some highways to speed up our trip down there. Hit me up in gmail and we can plan some poo poo out. If you all don't want to do a all day trip I can do a more local route also.
I'm up for going all day Saturday, but I think some of the other guys might be looking to be back by noonish so we may have people splitting off like last time.

Is everyone that wants to come on the email chain? I not, PM your email address and I'll add you.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

So what dates are we looking at now? This weekend, 20/21, and then the next possible is 3/4?

If we're doing this Saturday I'm out, as I've got a wedding. Sunday is iffy, I might have to deliver my old bike to a buyer on the other side of DC metro area.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

According to this AMA State by State Motorcycle Law webpage, motorcycles aren't required to have turn signals in MD, DC or VA. Does that mean that weaving between cars on the highway without signaling (while still unsafe) is perfectly legal?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

I'm in lets go tomorrow !
If this is what you're talking about, I'm so in! When and where exactly are we meeting?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 6, 2013

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.
What if we did a super early morning ride out there via highway, rode skyline at sun rise, caught breakfast somewhere near by, and then took the back roads to DC?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

hot sauce posted:

We were thinking Sunday or Monday of this upcoming weekend. Sunday is much better for me but we didn't have a concrete day yet. Hopefully the weather is nice and the cops aren't writing too many tickets :cop:
I'm going to the Grand Prix on Fri and Sat, and probably hitting the bars afterwards (read: Sunday = recovery day), so I can only do a Monday ride.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

Anyone wanna get up early for cars and coffee this sat?
I'm down. Meet at the Georgetown Exxon at 6:30 AM? Or 7 AM?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking at a map and Georgetown seems out of the way. Is there any place closer to the event we could meet up at?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

In coming from up by Rockville, MD actually, so down 270.

Edit: Is anyone else coming? Or just me and Nasty?

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 6, 2013

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

And the curse is broken (kind of), took a ride with HNasty today and it didn't rain! But he did lose his cell phone, probably somewhere on the Laguna Seca Gravel Road Edition (complete with corkscrew of death) while in search of the secret Illuminati village. No we didn't find it.

Fake Edit: Just checked my GPS tracker, we freaking rode right past it! Link to Aerial View Map

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Matthew Bueller posted:

Met some of you guys a couple (few?) months ago for a ride down to Sky Line Drive. Me on the V-Rod all of you on various. I personally know Mr. Eric Praline, think I met Hot Sauce, can't remember the others.

Yep I was on that ride too.

I saw that bike on Craigslist recently, are you selling it or was that someone else?

Also anyone up for a ride this Saturday? (Sundays are for football now)

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

McLarenF1 posted:

HNasty posted:

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.
What if we did a super early morning ride out there via highway, rode skyline at sun rise, caught breakfast somewhere near by, and then took the back roads to DC?
It's starting to get kind of cold (at least on a bike at 60+ mph), so I propose we take our big ride to Skyline Drive soon. How does October 5 or 6 work for everyone?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I'm interested in going too pending weather of course. I'm up for trailering if there's room, if not riding is fine. I'd want to get the cheap hotel/motel room though. Do we have an email thread going for this yet?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Yea I might be able to make it too (pending things don't get too crazy Saturday night). What time you guys thinking?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist, temp VA tags are only $10, maybe try and get those? Or grab a motorcycle trailer from U-Haul for $15.

In other news we had a pretty nice ride today. Got in some serious laps at the RFK Le Mans track today before we had to leave. Props to HNasty for handling the situation for us.

And of course a few pics from today with unnecessary filters ...

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

lowcrabdiet posted:

I wanted to go to Skyline Drive on Friday but apparently it's closed because of the shutdown. Does anyone know of any similarly scenic routes/destinations that are within 2-3 hours of DC?
That's actually still a great run to do; you just miss out on the scenic outlook and picture opportunity. HNasty can give you the details; I think it's 211 that runs up and down the mountain is awesome, as well as several other nearby/on the way roads. Check out the map I post of our trip out there a few months ago.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Nice turn out at Bike Night today. Some really awesome bikes too.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Ok, whose got any recent information on the following:

75-80 Dragway

Bing Maps Ariel View

Google Maps Link

This Moparts thread gives a grim picture of the drag strip from back in 2008, but the Bing Birds Eye doesn't make it seem to bad, not to mention a cool small kart track.

*Burhans Memorial AIRPORT-3MD0 (9401 Ball Rd, Ijamsville, MD) is also only a few miles away, it says it's an open private airport, but Bing Maps doesn't show an fences, and a cracked runway, may be worth a drive by too.

**Holy poo poo, there's another airstrip near by too! And only one building near by! Looks like someone's private runway.

Marlboro Raceway

Nevermind it's not worth a trip - click here for pics of track in shambles.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 13, 2013

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty and I are doing a Skyline Drive run on Saturday, stopping by RnR Cycles too for their free dyno runs. Anyone else want to come?

efb, kinda.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

We're meeting at the Georgetown / Key Bridge Exxon at 10 A.M. on Saturday. Should be at RnR around 11 A.M.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

RnR was cool. Nothing like watching bikes red line and shoot flames out of their exhaust pipes!

No, you made the wise decision not to come to Skyline. While the ride there was spectacular with great views, Skyline itself sucked. The temperature dropped at least 10-12 degrees on the way up and it started to rain. We went about 5 miles south and promptly turned back. We had to stop twice on the way home to warm up, and after the second stop it was dark and fairly cold; riding home was not fun.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Psssh, HNasty keeps taking us on 1-2 mile stretches of actual gravel roads these past few trips. I think he secretly wants to trade his Duc in for a DRZ.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

So this a mostly "off road" ride then?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Now that I actually have a bike I care about I want to make sure I take care of it. Are there benefits to keeping a bike inside in a climate controlled environment versus my garage? I guess it'd keep the bugs and rodents out right? I've got an empty living room and family room I could store bikes in, just wondering if it's worth the effort of getting a ramp or peice of wood to get them up the two stairs and into the house.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I'll be there on Saturday mid-late afternoon.

E: my flight lands at 2, wanna meet there around 3 PM? Hot Sauce can I thrown my luggage at your place so I don't have to go home?

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2014

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Yeah, I'm expecting to get there around 3-330, so that works. I don't think I've been to the DC convention center, but I know it's pretty huge. No idea where we'd meet up.

Ok, so lets meet at Saturday 3:00-3:15 PM at the area between the showroom entrance and the food court; I'll be wearing a black hoodie and black Nationals hat. I've been to the show the last 3 years, and it's been the same layout every time, so hopefully that doesn't change. If you take the metro, you'll walk through one side of the convention center to the other, and then go up to the top level where there will be a ticket booth, the previously mentioned food court and entrance to the show floor. The show is all contained in one giant showroom, so no need to worry about going to the right one. See you all there!

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Few of us are waiting, anyone else coming?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

hot sauce posted:

Would love to join if my bike was accessible :smithicide: Spring can't come soon enough
I might drive up there this Saturday if you're that desperate to get the bike out, but we've likely got a solid 6 weeks of winter left bro.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Me too. (For the movie and dirt school)

VVV That works for me.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 5, 2014

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I've got plans Saturday night. Do we want to try for Sunday maybe?

VVV I'm out, I'm going out of town this weekend.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 11, 2014

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I'll see you guys at the theater around 1:00 PM.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Can we get a sand/salt on the road report when you get back? You know, for all us non-dual sport/off road guys, thanks.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I started riding in New Jersey (and by riding I mean playing dodge the potholes) and the roads here in the DC area are so much better.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Me too. How many do we need to get to the group discount level? Do we need to recruit some more people?

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

I finally got off my lazy rear end found time in my packed social calender to register for Cornerspin, and I just got the confirmation email.

It'd be awesome if HNasty can host a bieks night at the deli, or we can meet for a happy hour in the city, or the craziest idea of them all, we have a weekend ride together so we can get a handle on whose coming, discuss how we want to travel and debate accommodations (hotel or AirBnB a whole house). Thoughts?

Edit: We could get a whole place like this for $700.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

So we're going riding all day Saturday right? It's going to be clear skies and high 60's.

VVV Thanks! I got the details from Hot Sauce. See you guys Saturday morning!

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread