Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

That works for me, but if it's a pain in the butt for you is there somewhere else that works better? I'll be coming straight through the city regardless.

Also, some more news on the future our favorite urban racetrack:
http://dcist.com/2013/10/wells_introduces_resolution_to_conv.php
Basically, eventually it's going away, but considering how much the councilmembers like to fight over things like this, it's probably at least a couple years away.

It's not going away. We just need to buy dirt bikes.

Exxon works for me, but yeah, we can come out a little further your way too if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

Of course you end up on the gravel roads when I'm not there. :argh:

This. Although they ended up in the rain, confirming my theory that HNasty is bad luck.

Can we have a SM bros gravel date if there's another nice weekend?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Oh I'm sure we'll be plenty warm trying to haul my bike out of whatever bush/ravine/tree I manage to lodge it in.

Hopefully we get another warm weekend before winter. Low 50s this weekend but no rain, could be doable.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sunday's still looking pretty good for gravel road funstravaganza. High 63, clear skies. Koru you still down?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Where yall goin can a non sumo bro come with?

Yeah, if you think you can keep UP :mootmoot:

edit: I'm sorry, that was mean. Of course you can come. I don't know where he's taking us. Everyone's welcome though. Also, come get your lift.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 7, 2013

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Whats the plan for tomorrow? Weather's still looking decent, high 61 low and should be mid 50s by mid morning.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sounds good. Looks like there's plenty of riding up there to keep us busy for as long as we want.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

And Finally, Oh No Where's the Road?:

Awesome. Next time I'll pack my flip flops and let's just do stream crossings all day.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

RIP underglow kit. I didn't know you but you seemed really cool.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yeah that's just a video thing. It was working like it should.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

50s tomorrow. Anyone have work off?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

I'm driving out to my parent's place near Middleburg tomorrow. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me ride out while she drives with the dog. I do have to work during the day though. The earliest I'd be able to leave is around 3:00.

3's probably a little late for me to start because I'd be making a round trip. Saturday I'm out of here for Christmas. Oh well. There will be more nice weather.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Got mine.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Let's all go Saturday. That would be fun.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you go to the show, be sure to post your thoughts in the IMS thread, so I can use it as a catalyst to further troll clutchpuck

If I could get an Indian rep on camera taking a dump on a road king would that suffice?

I'll see you guys at 3 by the food court. Not sure I have your phone number McLaren. I'll email you.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hot sauce posted:

We could all go see the Lego Movie instead

Yes.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

It's supposed to get up to the 50s (!) this weekend. Anybody up for a pre super bowl ride on Sunday?

Heck yes.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'll pour out a 40 of lacquered gas for you on Sunday if I can unwrap my frozen fingers from the bar.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Weather's looking pretty good for tomorrow as far as I can see. 50 by noonish and no precipitation. I probably should be home by 5 or so. Koruthaiolos you still up for a ride?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I've been down the eastern western shore with hot sauce. It's pretty but straight and flat on asphalt. Not sure if there's any dirt/gravel that way but if there is that would be a great day.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 1, 2014

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'm on my phone so I'm having trouble seeing how far that southern VA stuff is. Looks like fun riding from the pictures if you think the commute's worth it. Otherwise let's just bomb around MD. We can always come back through Anacostia and roll around with the Wheelie Boyzzzzz for a bit.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

8 sounds good. Name the place to meet. You know the route.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Great. I'll see you there at 8.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yeah, it was a great ride. We missed the rest of you guys. HNasty, we saw another GT down in Frederick, black and white with the fairing on.

I'm half dreading watching the video but man was that fun. We really need to go take that dirt class. Also the bridge was terrifying. Felt like the jersey barrier only came up to my knees. I spent most of the trip across wondering if my helmet would save me from the fall and if it would matter because I was going to drown regardless.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

What was the name of it again? I want to torture myself while it's rainy and cold.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Well I look just as uncool as I imagined. I'm pretty sure SA is the only place you could find a guy riding a supermoto in a hi viz phantom suit.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Looks like if we got 7 we could do a private class. Not sure if there's a price or scheduling difference that would make that worth it. A weekend's probably going to be best for most of us anyway. Any 3 day weekends in April or May?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'm out of town otherwise I'd be all over that.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

We have company this weekend too. Depending on when they leave, Sunday would work for me too. There's Monday, too -- 3 day weekend.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

What weight oil? I'd be happy to throw some cash or beer your way if it's 10w-40. Or I'll buy you a ticket to 12 o'clock boys tomorrow.

My vote is you get a new bike and stay though. Some of the other MCs have been trying to move in on our turf and we could use some more bodies.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

We should find where they hang out and weld new subframes onto their bobbers.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

The guy from the Motorcyle Film Festival just invited me to attend and asked me if I wanted to be a judge. I'm pretty sure it's a trap.

When are you taking your next round of interns? I can send cover letter CV and references.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I probably can't get up there until Tuesday, maybe Monday night at the earliest. I mean I could walk but :effort:. So if someone else wants to jump on this first I won't stand in the way. If it's still around in a couple days I'll come get it.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Some work came up so I'm probably not going to make it. I'll text one of you if I'm coming.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

There's only one cure for cabin fever. It's going to be 60 on Saturday, who wants to ride?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I have every day off. It's look like there might be some rain though.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

We going tomorrow? Small chance of rain midday but not much.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Maybe not too early. Let it warm up a bit. I'm looking at routes now. Thinking north maybe but it's such a wasteland that direction. I think anything dirt will probably be too muddy for my tires tomorrow.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Okay, two rough ideas, neither very long.

This one goes goes north and we can hit whites ferry and river road: http://goo.gl/maps/50LYd

This one is a variation on our last trip: http://goo.gl/maps/wpdK2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

Either of those is fine with me. If we do the north route I know I nicer route between Takoma Park and River Rd that would let us skip 495. I should be able to start any time after about 10.

Yeah that was just a rough idea, wasn't actually planning to take the beltway.

It's coming down pretty good here and radar makes it look like we'll have a couple more hours at least. Let's wait until 11 or so and see how it looks then. I don't mind getting rained on but seems silly to head out in the middle of it.

McLaren we'll get your roads report. It was pretty salty a couple weeks ago. This rain should do some good though.

• Locked thread