Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Not too long but it's half dirt. Maybe take an hour to get to White's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'd be down

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Not going to be able to make it either. Too much work to do today. Can't come out this weekend either, friend in town. Hopefully it will still be out next week.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sweet. That's great news.

Who wants to see any Sunday this week? Any night but Tuesday is good with me?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I remember being so excited when I got my DRZ that I made it about a half mile from home before remembering it wasn't plated or registered. I tried to ride it home as meekly as possible, which isn't easy on that bike.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I had a dream last night that we all went out for a ride and ended up in South Dakota or somewhere. It was a really nice ride except I forgot to bring any of my riding gear. And I had both my bikes somehow. And also Koruthaiolos lives in a Frank Lloyd Wright house but he's a hoarder with half a dozen kids.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

If I'm in town and can swing a press pass I'll come whenever.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hot sauce posted:

life hack: don't listen to things hnasty says, ever

Don't tell me you already flipped the Hornet for several Ducatis.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yes.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I think Saturday is better for me. Hot sauce and M42 how about you come out and show off your new rides? I'll paint mine and we can all pretend to have new bikes.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Ride on the rims you lame fuckers.

M42 I think a small metal shop would be a better bet than Crossroads. Or maybe even like a community college metal working class? I don't know where to point you, but I think you can get a better deal somewhere else.

Looks like Sunday's going to be about 10 degrees warmer. Should we actually do that?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Standing's overrated. I'm serious, I just slide off the seat to get one foot down at a light on the DRZ. The WR weighs nothing, too. I don't think it will be a problem at all.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

No I get it. I wouldn't want to ride a bike I didn't feel comfortable on, especially not someone else's. Meanwhile this is hot sauce on the WR

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

50 and sunny on Sunday who wants to ride :shepicide:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

You know I'm always down. Let's see how much snow has melted and how the roads look.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

OH GOD I HOPE TOMORROW MEANS WINTER IS FINALLY BROKEN
I don't know, I'm driving around this morning and the roads are salty, gravelly and potholed all to poo poo. I'm dodging manhole sizes potholes and bigger after few hundred yards in DC and MD. Winter might end tomorrow but I don't know if we'll be riding anytime soon.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

I've got Friday off so I'm planning to ride all day, probably down to 211 and out that way. You all should be cool cats and skip out on work to come along.

Go south and meet me at Deal's Gap, I'll be there all day Friday

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

Ducati demos at Coleman next weekend. Anybody want to go down?

http://www.wherethepoweris.com/eventslist.htm?groupId=32638&itemId=244966&utm

Do you have work Friday?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Koruthaiolos posted:

Unfortunately yes, and I just found out I'm working saturday too. :(

drat, just found out I could go Saturday too. If anyone wants to go Friday or early Saturday I'd be down.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Registered for the 9 am slot Friday. You know you weren't going to get any work done in the first hour of the day anyway :getin:

EDIT: Well actually I am going to get some work done in that first hour, because I just found out I have to go into the office. Trying to switch to early Saturday instead.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 7, 2015

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Anyone riding this weekend? I haven't taken the DRZ out properly for way way way too long.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

M42 posted:

Yep, gonna do 211+33+72

Saturday? You want company?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

M42 posted:

Yes and sure! Where do ya wanna meet?

Remind me where you're coming from? Usually I meet people at the Georgetown exxon when I'm headed that direction. I'm coming from the city.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Hey let's ride on Sunday

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

What the heck is a td?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Just as I went to click on this thread I realized what a TD was...

But what you say is true.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Forecast is looking clear for tomorrow. Haitch you still want to ride?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

DRZ's for sale you guys. Haven't put it on CL or in the selling thread yet, but I need it gone by the end of the year. Most of you have seen it. Best bike I've owned. 2002 enduro that got an SM conversion, has all the right mods (carb, etc. It was race prepped yo). Comes with all the original crap too, including dirt wheels. Chain, brake pads, fluid, everything's pretty new. Rear tire is getting squared off but it still has plenty of tread.

I paid 3600 for it a couple years ago. I'd like to get that much for it now. Buy it, you'll love it.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I thought you were getting in line for a 701?

Also :argh: at you crowding the late fall DC sumo market

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Makes sense.

Yeah let me know. It's still around.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Just put some stuff up on CL if anyone wants any DRZ parts

Plastics: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mpo/5352925768.html

E wheels: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mpo/5352921442.html

Supermoto and Concours [WOWOWOW] are still for sale

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Covered, tires off the ground, stabilizer, battery inside on a trickle charger has worked for me. It's not perfect; I think one or more of my slow jets is a little clogged. But it's worked for the past few winters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hit the bricks pal! posted:

Probably too far for you but Myers Cycle Engineering in Kensington MD is really good. I think I originally got the recommendation from this thread actually.

Might have been from me. They were always good to me. Took care of bikes with sketchy histories, happy to give me free advice, fixed my dumb mistakes, charged a fair price (for the DMV obviously).

• Locked thread