Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If anyone has the weekend free I think me and Hnasty are gonna try to hit the VA 16 from Marion to Tazewell (or the Back of the Dragon apparently...) that weekend, on the 5th I guess. I'd say it's an overnight trip at least. http://goo.gl/maps/SDTC7

Hnasty is gonna trailer his bike and get a hotel, lol. I'll be camping wherever I can.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Email thread? I'll bug Hnasty.

I'm fairly open on days tho. I'm gonna be rafting in West Virginia on the 1st and since I have some days to kill I decided to ride down to Deal's gap. So right now I'm lookin at riding to NC on Wednesday, riding 129 and around there on Thursday, heading back up to VA on Friday and then doing VA 16 on Saturday.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm not even down there anymore, I rolled thru today since it sounded like Hnasty was out and everyone else was spotty.

Not a bad road but super tight marion-tazewell. Also the second half of the route had gravel littering the insides of the turns so bad they had big orange signs. A good road, but I saw better.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0s7j3lous

VA 16 bitches...stick to your roads tho, it wasn't that great

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Someone in another thread said you could plate them in some states but you can ride them everywhere illegally.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

HNasty posted:

I really want to do the back of the dragon and southern VA in general. Did you go to new river valley? The stuff around snowshoe is pretty, I've done that.

Look up the other roads, back of the dragon was overrated imo. The first half mountain from Marion is decent but the second is just back to back blind 180 degree turns covered in gravel.

That part, gently caress u dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Are you RWB?

• Locked thread