Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Bike: '10 Ninja 250
Years ridden: 2 years but seasonal
Down for: anything

Bringing my bike back from almost year long slumber. I want to get as much riding as I can this year before I wuss out in the winter. I dont know why I'm spending my money on all these upgrades for my bike when I dont plan to try and track next year.

taketheshot posted:

Chantilly, VA: Brooks Cycles

Thanks for the info. Those are some reasonable prices cause I sure as hell aint taking it to colemans. That's why they call it a "stealership".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

OP, Please update the first post and add me to the list <3

Bike: CBR600F3, VFR800FI, and lots of vintage hondas.
Years ridden: a few?
Down for: riding, wrenching, whatever.

I don't know how I missed this thread...
I just moved to Richmond from NOVA, but I'm still up in the DC area quite frequently.

I no longer work for Brooks' Cycles in Chantilly, but I can still fix things.
If you need something fixed or replaced immediately, I still highly recommend going to them. Their techs are proficient and the shop overall is excellent.

I just took my tires into those guys. Jason? seems like a pretty chill dude.

Who do we pm for the email distro? My bike is back up and I need to break these new tires in. Standard straight commute doesnt help.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah, Jason is a really chill dude. Tell him Charlie sent you and he might hook you up.
...or charge you more since I had to move and left him down a tech for a few weeks.

I already took my bike in but I still need to manually clean my carbs and install the jet kit I got laying around. If there's one thing I learned from seeing all the bikes there is that I probably put way too many mods on my bike.

hot sauce posted:

It wouldn't be a proper ride without a storm on the way back. It actually hailed for a few minutes this time as well, I poo poo you not. We huddled under this bridge for cover until the rain slowed down. The best part was seeing an old dude on a chromed out trike ride by wearing only a bathing suit, honking and waving at us.

Kinda glad I chickened out. Although I dont mind riding in the rain, I'd rather avoid it. I'm afraid my bike would explode after I installed some projectors. I also dont have the wrist strength for a longer ride so I would probably need to get some type of throttle lock.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

Anyone wanna get up early for cars and coffee this sat?

Unfortunately I can only ride with you guys on Sundays or late Saturdays. I work mid shifts so my day starts at like 5pm or 7pm. :(

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

Does 9 work for everyone ?

I might try to make it but I might run 15 min late depending on the place of meetup.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

McLarenF1 posted:

HNasty and I are doing a Skyline Drive run on Saturday, stopping by RnR Cycles too for their free dyno runs. Anyone else want to come?

efb, kinda.

What time are you guys going out there on Saturday? I get off work at 7am so I'm just gauging how long I can last.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Well other than my hurt pride, that was a nice jaunt to RnR. I really wanted to hit the skyline for the last ride of the season but I usually cant make Saturday rides since I work Friday nights into the morning. I thought I could say focused but that turned out shaky. I'll just to call a sick day prior then!

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Progressive international motorcycle show is this weekend in DC. Anyone going?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
I just bought my ticket. If you need a discount code, em14go will save you $4 I think.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

hot sauce posted:

I'd like to have everyone registered next week if that's possible for you. I tried this last year myself but kept putting off registering until it was too cold - can't let that happen again. Will you know by Wednesday of next week?

I just got an email back from them too. If we all sign up at the same time, it's a $50 discount per person. So 475 total each + hotel. I think this can be accomplished with one call from me if you guys are ok with that.

I might be down for this. My only concern is the usually how tall dual sports are and my short rear end at a rest position. Looking at the pics, it probably doesnt matter since you're be sideways most of the time?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hey DC riders, looks like I'll be joining you for some dirt riding in a couple months. I did this several years ago and it kicked rear end, I've been meaning to go back.

These are 100cc 'kids' dirtbikes on small basically street tires, you'll be fine. I'm 5'6 with about a 28" inseam and had no issues at all. Long instruction time 5+ min you ride back to the 'classroom' and rehydrate, for quick stuff you sit on the bike but they weigh next to nothing and are low.

Dumped hotel info below, if people don't mind sharing a room that would also cut costs. I'll be driving over from Knoxville so in the off chance someone else is coming from the area I have space.

Hotel Info - $79+tax for a single king or double queen room is the Cornerspin Special

That's very reassuring, I guessed as much from the pics I could find on the site from how angled the knees are. I think I'm in then.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

hot sauce posted:

Just sent the list of names to them, so when you register it should give you the discount. I'm going to register later today after I get a few things done at work.

Link: http://www.cornerspin.com/spinregistrations.html
Click "Register Online Now" for the form.

Saturday & Sunday, May 17th-18th, 2014 (Tier 4 pricing)

About to sign up, why dont they take amex drat it.

CheeseSpawn fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 13, 2014

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Koruthaiolos posted:

Just got my confirmation email from them, all set!

Got my confirmation, apparently they make you a lunch?!?

Need to go set up a hotel res now.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

hot sauce posted:

This is my experience too and both times were great.

Not to break up local shop talk, but just a reminder to anyone coming to Cornerspin in May to book a hotel room. It's a nascar weekend so probably worth looking into before the day of.

I just called that hotel they use, they only had a king ste for 109.00 due to nascar. I asked if they could discount it with cornerspin rate, the lowest they go was 89.00 per night. I said gently caress it pulled the trigger cause I dont want to look around for anything else.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
I have a weird schedule so I'll be driving down myself. I'll probably be looking to leave by 6pm.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Has anyone looked into this indoor track in elkton? i'd give a call but I'm normally asleep during business hours if they still are into business.

http://www.cornerspin.com/ridextreme.html

I found this thread where they link video at the end on another thread. Not find anything else beyond that.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f32/r-i-d-e-llc-indoor-minibike-track-layout-elkton-va-61878/

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

hot sauce posted:

Randomly seen on instagram...#bikelife in the dmv

That VA took me a few secs but it made me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

I don't get it.

"Warning: Speed limit enforced by aircraft" like they ever do it.

• Locked thread