Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Learning stick is pretty easy to pick up, find a friend with one and you'll be able to get it down in an afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Phone posted:

Ugh shut the gently caress up about the Fiesta St, don't make me trade in my Mazda2 for one.

I gotta stay strong even if it has 85 more horsepower and 110 more ft-lbs of torque.

Does it have better suspension?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

A Mazda 2 with either, or both, a better rear suspension or a better engine would be an amazing car.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I knew he drove a Volvo :smug:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

8ender posted:

Mazda seems like they've crawled back to focusing on profits and selling as many sort of boring vehicles as possible since they split from Ford.

They are trying to make profits yes, but the cars they make are far from boring to drive. They do a great job at making them still engaging, and all the reviews will back that up

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

stump posted:

This has always confused me because my BMW ('04 e46 diesel, with winter tyres) always performed considerably better in the snow with traction control on. You could basically drive like a complete idiot (to an extent) and it would unfuck itself.

I guess perhaps BMW's is more lenient than some others? Or is it just when you are genuinely stuck that that allowing the wheels to spin helps?

The only other TC's I've experienced has been in FWD hire cars (vauxhall and fords) in the wet, and they did seem much more violent and intrusive.

Still, gently caress traction control systems without an off button.

The ASC in my Mini S never kicked in until there was snow on the ground, then it sucked. I ended up just always turning it off because any time I started moving and got any wheel spin it would just cut the throttle on me. It also understeered a lot in the snow, and despite ebrake slides being fun I didn't find it to be all that great at winter driving. Amusingly enough my S2000 with zero traction control was much easier and better to drive in snow, and I only had all seasons last winter

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Since you are in a place where you can get an EP3 Type R I am assuming you could also get an EK9 Type R too?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Protip: Do Not Buy A Mini

Best car of that bunch is the Speed3 IMO

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

opengl128 posted:

That's why you get an 08.5/09 GT with the leather/alcantara seats.

These seats look way better but the thing I love about the mesh Mazda seats is that you don't feel like your clothes are sticking to them when you get up or move around in the seat

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mustache Ride posted:

Focus RS is reported to have 345 horses

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/25/ford-focus-rs-345-horsepower-video-official/

I know what I'm getting when it finally gets here. Now the question. Blue or grey?

Blue for sure

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

That was me that said don't buy a Mini. They break a lot and cost too much for what you get

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

TheGoatTrick posted:

The weird thing about MINI is that they finish really low in quality surveys, but really high in customer satisfaction surveys. People put up with the issues* for whatever reason.

* My water pump started leaking at 48k miles. I called an independent shop, told the guy the mileage, and he said "that sounds about right".
* Just had to replace my the turbo oil lines at 55k miles because they were leaking oil right on top of the turbo.

I have an 08 though, the latter half of each of the previous generations (06-07 and 11-13) are much better.

Not really. I keep getting cars with like 30k miles come in for poo poo like both wheel hubs, both strut mounts, oil leaks etc. They still have the BMW GDCS problems too and their own quality issues

I had an R53 and I feel fairly lucky in what I had to replace/fix over the two years I had it vs what I saw my friends doing with theirs. It was fun to drive though, and I miss the supercharger so much but I would never own one and expect it not to break

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

I own an S2000 and I always recognize FoSTs for what they are-- pretty neat. I also don't try to race 'em because I don't want to blow up my rear diff.

To be fair we can do that by looking at it funny :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

IKillForPie posted:

Simply put I really, really, really dislike the way it looks. That front grill gives me nightmares.

Get a first gen, they are better looking

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Is that generally regarded to be true? I've always thought the later ones were the best looking and the first gens were hideous.

I know I'm talking about something subjective but I'm just curious if that's the general consensus.

I guess it's subjective but the first gen doesn't have the huge smile bumper or the big hood scoop. Also the interior is better IMO if you get a first gen GT

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The focus RS blue is an amazing color