Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

MetaJew posted:

I want to like the ST, but every picture someone posts that isn't from an ad/promotional has awful hood panel gap. What gives, Ford?

Not to mention the lack of the 3 door variant =(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Bob A Feet posted:

questions:

1- are there deadspots in the throttles? on focusst.org i was reading that some people found dead spots in the top and bottom of the throttle because of their tunes.
2- can you run them on 87/89 octane? I can always just start buying 93
3- Are there any like daily driving/ highway tunes for mileage? if so, do they work at all?

You should already be using 91/93 (whatever it is that is available).
The difference in price is close to negated with the increase in power and gas mileage.
To get better economy, lay off the go pedal.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

My friend with the regular 1.6 Fiesta just put the $250 Ford Racing suspension on the car (new struts and springs) and it is an absolute riot to drive!
And it isn't bad on these terrible AZ roads.

Still has quite a bit of roll, it could use bigger sways probably.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Here is a tip - our road quality here in Arizona is phenomenal compared to most of the rest of the country. ;)
Have you been outside of Phoenix? For one Tucson roads are utter poo poo! Especially monsoon season...

xsf421 posted:

Do you happen to have a link to this? It might tide me over until I give in to an ST.
I'm pretty sure he ordered it from the dealership. I'll ask him next time I see him.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

CharlesM posted:

Also, $300 for a factory suspension package? Cheap!
He paid $250 through a dealership on some Fiesta Forum

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

leica posted:

The only hot hatch I ever owned was a '94 Suzuki Swift GT and I loved that car. Bought it brand new for like 11k, added A/C for 1k, and later thanks to Calmini (suzuki aftermarket) had a header, exhaust and some springs. Then I got some TSW wheels and some sticky tires and was in hot hatch heaven. This is pretty much exactly what it looked like:

Only new car I ever bought, and one of the few I wish I never would have given up :(

I've been wanting one for a a DD for years now, or a Mirage Turbo!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

As someone who has owned almost nothing but turbo rwd coupes, in a town at 7200ft, y'all are a bunch of pussies.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I thought most OE recaros had oodles of adjustments. Is that not the case here?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The manual on the 3 cylinder fiesta ecoboost says 87 octane too.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I get it.
They look way more awesome, and the focus is probably different but in the fiesta if you're tall the rear seats a practically useless.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

SFH1989 posted:

Blue is the first choice for me right now. Really the only reason I wouldn't want to get it is then there will be three dark blue Fords in my driveway. I really wish they offered the red candy my current Fiesta has.

Wrap it?
That way the paint stays minty and the car is the color you want!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

There was some claims of plastidip ruining clear coat. I don't follow it enough to know if it is consistent happening.

Also, I think the texture in the dip makes it harder to keep clean than vinyl.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

It's totally personal preference.

I like coupés. If the fiesta was available as a 3 door in the states, I would have bought one instead of another project (which in fact is a coupe).

But for some reason the Mazda 2 3dr rubs me the wrong way.

I also have friends and dogs. I do have a wagon for when I need to transport either.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Last I heard it was an off duty cop. Don't know if that was confirmed or not.

Either way the kid was driving THROUGH the park, over the grass and sidewalks and kids had to run out of the way. I hope that shithead kid doesn't drive again for a very long time.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Mistayke posted:

I guess lack of sales made them pull out of North America and they never came back.

Wrong.

Renault is still sold in Mexico to this day.

I helped my uncle rebuild a Renault station wagon about 10 years ago. It only had 3 lug nuts per wheel, factory.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

When my buddy's SE fiesta was new, it couldn't go up his driveway. The hill assist would hold the car then the traction control would kick on and the car would have no balls.

Granted his driveway is really steep and the bottom is gravel but it was still hilarious.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

uhh also the AWD eliminates the need for the torque steer control devices.

Depends on the system, but it's likely still needed on your typical transverse engine types.

I'm sad they aren't using the 5 cylinder, as it sounds so good!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Got to drive a friend's 2013 FoST. It is a super fun car, I can't even imagine how the FiST must be! All he had was some sort of special filter for more induction noise and the sound symposer unplugged. Seriously would consider picking one up in a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The shorter the throws are the notchier, clunkier, and easier to miss shift for the average inattentive driver.

Unless it was designed like that from the get go (the amount of people wanting to replicate Miata shifter feel in non-miatas is pretty staggering, myself included).