Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I've never owned a car with a trunk!(sorta)
I owned an 83 Audi Coupe GT for a while but that's not really a trunk.
After that a 92 Golf, then a 2007 Accent, and currently a 2007 GTI.
Next car will most likely be a Fiat, but the plan is to drive the GTI into the ground first.
The body has about 92,000 miles and the engine has only about 10,000 miles.
VW replaced my engine after a catastrophic failure they determend it had left the factory with.

At the dealer in the middle of surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Hyundai uses a ring lock out too. At least the '07 Accent I used to own did.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

When I test drove my GTI the salesman encouraged me to wring it out. So I guess drive it normal at first then when the guy gives you the go ahead drive it like it's meant to be driven.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It was more of a problem with the older vw reds with no clear coat.
I had a 92 golf that would look great right after a wash/wax, but after about 2 weeks it would start turning pink again. The cloths I used to buff off the wax would be slightly pinkish when done.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The clutch in my GTI feels fine.
I'm also coming from driving a majority of VAG with a random Hyundai and the g/f's Jeep thrown in the mix so I might just have Stockholm syndrome.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Progressive always ends up cheaper for me every time I check it. I've also been with them for over 10 years now which counts for something I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Crosspost from the new car thread.

Another cool car the US will never see:freep: