Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Everyone keeps telling me I need to get an accessport for this, but I am a bit put off about the warranty implications.

I loving love that car. The turbo lag is pretty significant though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I'm never sure about test driving hot hatches. I mean, do you drive it sensibly and never get a feel for what the car's really like, or do you drive it like you actually would if you owned it, and come off looking like every other knuckle-dragging test pilot that comes in off the street?

The guy who eventually sold me my WRX mentioned how he's had to tell people to turn around and go back on test drives because they were trying to beat on it. I was in the bag as far as a buyer goes, but he watched the tach like a hawk the whole time. " Please try to keep it under 4k"

stickchat: My first real stick was a 94 S-10 with a 4.3 V6. It was pretty much impossible to stall and had so much low end torgue you could let it out idling up a hill and it just went. When I bought my WRX, I think I stalled it three times on the way home due to not being accustomed to having to give it a little gas.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

crazzy posted:

I just sold my wife's 2010 speed 3. Most reliable car we've ever owned. Its also the most paint can shaker-like car i can think of. most vibratey engine i've ever owned. clutch pedal is a pain, shifter sucks. A/C is very strong though, very similar to my wife's 135i. much much better than my sti.

Those are fairly notorious for motor mounts coming apart.

In other news, I promised myself I would keep the '13 WRX until it's paid off. I intend on keeping that promise so I'll have to avoid any and all Ford Dealerships when that new Focus RS hits :getin:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Oh my God. My wife's gonna divorce me when this thing comes out.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

There's a rumor going around that it's pretty much maxed out from the factory. Someone on Jalopnik was saying that some of the drivetrain components probably won't handle any more power if you were to decide to tune one.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I want to hoon or AutoX my stage1 WRX sometime, but man.. Every time I research it, all I see destroyed clutch stories. It performs damned nice with a Torqued performance E-tune but I'm just scared to death I'm going to break something in that drivetrain.

e: ^^ That Abarth is loving beautiful

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

skipdogg posted:

I'd be worried how long it can hold up to those 5K clutch dumps. I get the impression they're at like 90% of what the drive train can handle.

They said that almost verbatim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I like the car. I like it a lot. I DD 30 miles one way in a 2013 WRX, that I paid 26.5 for that I know is a solid proven design. If I were to step into one of these it would be a few models years down the road once they get the bugs out. Not to mention it's clearly into V8 RWD or even some *really* nice roadster territory.