Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Worst case put the thing in neutral and push. That car isn't terribly heavy.

E: with someone in it obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

lovely design. As far as I remember there's a rather significant clunk shifting from 1-2 under hard acceleration with the first gen mounts.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

You've lived a very privileged automotive life if a Fit is the slowest car you've ever driven.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Small steelies are like $50 each. Get a dedicated set of winter tires.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I don't really get Merc's design decision to stick a little tablet to the dash like that. Reminds me of those aftermarket phone holders that clip on to the air vents. Literally everything else about that car is incredible though so whatever.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

A smallish rear or AWD hatch with ~300 HP is pretty much my perfect vehicle and since Subaru has abandoned that space I'm glad VAG and possibly Ford are providing options.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

The issue with the Fit was probably the tires on it more than anything.

Yeah, I've got a Fit and the ride is much more comfortable with my winter wheels and tires compared to the summer setup. Extra inch or so of sidewall makes a big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I love my fit and would get a hot one in a heartbeat.
Yuuuup. I've had mine for a few years and put the last ~36,000 miles of the ~106,000 it has on it and am still really impressed by it. If it just had like twice the power it would be perfect in every way. I know that's achievable with a fairly easy engine swap but then I would need another car while that was happening and if I do that I might as well get something impractical and not ruin the fit.