Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

AvesPKS posted:

I drove a Veloster Turbo today. I'd been saying "Velos-ter" in my head but apparently it's supposed to be pronounced like velocity, except with an R on the end. The interior didn't feel cheap. Seats are comfortable, nice quality. The door handle was weird; it sticks out like a snow shovel handle. The push button start is really convenient. Side visibility was good, but the rear window is tiny. We went on some back road, and I didn't really get it above 40 because I didn't think the salesman's insistence that I "push it a little bit, lay into it, really see how it drives" meant going more than 10 over the limit. So he offers to take me out again and suddenly we're doing 70 on that same road, and then 90 in a 45 zone later. It is pretty quick. Salesman was really nice, no pressure whatsoever.

I told him I was looking at manuals and he kind of laughed and advised me not to, because they can be a pain to drive sometimes, but then he said he drives an S2000, and also went on to say that if I got the Veloster in manual it'd be faster too.
I was seriously considering the Veloster turbo for a while and all the commercial reviewers said the manual beat the pants off the auto from a fun driving perspective. This is right when they were coming out and I couldn't find one to buy so never got to see for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU