Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ongoing Focus ST engine saga: I've called the dealer every week and the recall service parts are perpetually two weeks back-ordered.

It is really irritating. The problem gets worse when it's hot and in loving South Carolina we've got another three weeks of 80+ degree temperatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ilkhan posted:

So out of curiosity and theorycrafting, how much money would it take to get a FoST to a reliable and driveable 435 HP?
And if you could, would you? FWD and no LSD make that sound like a really really bad idea.

Mine only makes 260 and I can't reliably get it all to the ground. Im gonna go with a $gorillion

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ilkhan posted:

Story time?

The lapsed time between posts also makes this amazing

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

howling_mad posted:

I don't know, having a bunch of underpaid mechanics screw with my cars central nervous system for no specific reason sounds risky.

You cannot be serious

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I personally find having to reposition my (power) seat so irritating I'd just rather stall out on the interstate and plow into a barrier. :rolleyes:

why would you not get a recall service performed? even if they gently caress something up you go right back and say "I'm under warranty you're going to lick my dick until you get it right."

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I am a skinny bitch so I'm down with Recaro seats, my problem with the interior (granted, FoST) is that it's basically sculpted around you like a cockpit. There is quite a lot going on but there's also quite a bit of wasted space forward of the steering wheel and dash.

I am only 5'10 and I bang my knees on the dashboard when I get in and out because of how the headlight control sticks out. I don't know how else to describe the center console beyond "there's no loving place to put my cell phone" :suicide:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Atmus posted:

Because your mild waste of oil was the last little bit needed to ruin the economy and send gas to $4/g for regular by midsummer.

Thanks GutBomb.

Sorry have you mistaken this for a non-AI thread? because proper posting protocols now demand we argue about oil change timing for three pages.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Linux Nazi posted:

Official Focus RS reveal

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/02/03/all-new-ford-focus-rs.html

Ford seems committed to making me a huge fan of their line-up.

Do want.

But

Am moving to NYC and selling my ST :(

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

smooth jazz posted:

My bad writing; I would prefer a soundtube over a speaker. Apparently the 2015 ST phased out the Sound Symposer tube and replaced it with speaker noise.
Guess we'll find out what the RS gets....

Did they really do this? Man here I thought the symposer was a bit silly but appropriating the speakers?? hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Any FoST owner want a 3rd gen Cobb accessport? I have to sell my car in the next couple weeks as a consequence of moving to NYC. I figure it's a pretty niche product so I'll post up in the AI marketplace as well, but I wanted to put out feelers specifically to goons what already own the car.

PM me I figure $300 obo it's basically new

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sent you a PM back, but my inbox was full and didn't receive your reply. Anyway you got dibs for now I'll post you up a pic and can send on Friday.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
for McQueen's reference and in order to not feel the wrath of mod: SA-Mart thread for my accessport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

BrownieVK posted:

I was just going to ask if a Cobb V2 for $310 shipped was a good deal, I'm guessing hell no....

Reckon it's as good a deal as it's worth to you and the dude selling it, once my car goes back to the lot sometime next week that AP is just a shiny plastic box. Happy to help a goon out.